Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
raj_v1982 said:
Intel Original D33FBC motherboard - 4,800

ABiT IP35-E @ Rs. 5200/- + VAT :)

audigy soundcard - 1,550

Do you really need it ??

pixel view tv tuner card - 1,000

does it come with remote ?? and is it Vista Logo certified ??

17 inch tft monitor LG - 8,600

ViewSonic VA1912WB DVI is Rs. 8200/- + TAX
ViewSonic VG1930wm is Rs. 9200/- + TAX

:)

250 gb segate hardish sata - 2,600

try to get WD Cavier Se 16 which is a 16mb buffer hdd @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ TFT is very costly as Saurav mentioned. Secondly 8500GT is available for about 2.75k in bangalore.

@Saurav
Hey how is 1926W? I couldn't get 1912wb hence had to get it.
Btw, the prices in Kolkata sure are cheaper than here in Bangalore.

raj_v1982

Broken In
ABiT IP35-E @ Rs. 5200/- + VAT :)

Do you really need it ??

does it come with remote ?? and is it Vista Logo certified ??

ViewSonic VA1912WB DVI is Rs. 8200/- + TAX
ViewSonic VG1930wm is Rs. 9200/- + TAX

:)

try to get WD Cavier Se 16 which is a 16mb buffer hdd @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX :)

Choto Cheeta Thank U for your suggestion :p

I don't know anything about motherboards So i am moving on with that original intel motherboard :-|

Yes i realy need the audigy soundcard, coz i hate those onboard sound :cry:

Yes the tv tunercard has remote but need to clarify with vista certificate :neutral:

I heared that viewsonic monitor brightness and contrast is not good. So moving to LG or Samsung mist :)

I will ask my dealer for WD Cavier Se 16 hdd :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
need new mobo and proccy.
budget is 5-6k for the combo.
wat i hv at present is:
2*1GB DDR2 667
2*320GB HDD
650w CoolerMaster PSU
XFX 8800GTS 320MB

so the new mobo and proccy will be combined with these hardware.
pc will me mainly used for gaming (its a makeshift pc,will get a new 1 in 3-4 months or will directly upgrade to Nehalem).
so plz suggest accordingly.also i'll oc.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Eureka, I bought the new computer atlast. After 4.5 years of efficient usage of my old workstation I bought this.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550.
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
2X1 GB Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G DDR2 667 RAM
Zebronics Lava Cabinet with 500W SMPS.
Western Digital WD1600AAJS 160 GB SATA 2 Hard disk with 8 MB Buffer.
Samsung SH-SH203D DVD Writer
Pinnacle PCTV Tuner kit for Windows Vista

I gave the following configuration of my old PC as buy back.

Pentium 4 3.06 GHz
Intel 865GBF Motherboard
2X1 GB DDR2 400 RAM
Frontech Pace cabinet
Samsung 80 GB SATA 1 HD
Samsung optical drive
Pinnacle PCTV 100i TV Tuner.

Along with this I had to pay Rs 8k

I will buy a GeForce 8600GT with 256 MB RAM, LCD Monitor & a Cooler Master SMPS next month.

However, the most important thing....I DID NOT NEED TO REINSTALL WINDOWS :D

I connected my old harddisk to copy data from old to new harddisk but forgot to change the boot drive, so instead of my new SATA hard disk Windows booted from my old 80 hard disk & to my shock, it worked fine. I m using the old windows Vista in Old HD to write this post at this moment.

But that's not all, since I found that Windows is working, I made a Windows Complete PC backup using Windows Backup & restore center & then booted using the Vista DVD & copied the old installation image to new hard disk's C Drive & it again..worked fine :D

Most important, I did not need to migrate my license. Windows told me it need to reactivate, I just clicked to reactivate & my new motherboard & HD have the old license working just fine :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
[/b]Wow!!! :) Thats the next best thing ever happened to man landing on the moon! :D

Lolz...I hope you know, Vista installation on this new machine completes in 17 mins, now this isn't a lot but reinstalling & reconfiguring each & every update takes lots of time specially in my case.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Eureka, I bought the new computer atlast. After 4.5 years of efficient usage of my old workstation I bought this.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550.
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
2X1 GB Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G DDR2 667 RAM
Zebronics Lava Cabinet with 500W SMPS.
Western Digital WD1600AAJS 160 GB SATA 2 Hard disk with 8 MB Buffer.
Samsung SH-SH203B DVD Writer
Pinnacle PCTV Tuner kit for Windows Vista

hey gx...congrats on purchase of ur new pc..
btw would you mind posting some benchmark results..preferrably wheatstone & dhrystone performance?

Ankit

Journeyman
Eureka, I bought the new computer atlast.
I gave the following configuration of my old PC as buy back.

Along with this I had to pay Rs 8k
:D

Great deal saurav, I'd say. Seems that vendors in lucknow are quite co-operative. Can you PM me the address of vendor from where you got such a nice deal?

samurai3

Broken In
I have planed to buy a destop with the following config.I am an mechanical engg. student and Iam intersted in designing.so that i need my pc to be helpfull to me.so i need your help in choosing me the correct brands & model in that brand.....Is the brands i have choosen is correct are any alter should made in it ???????????give me good choose for graphics card and monitor....my budget is about 35k to 40k..including other perpherials...I do little bit of gaming also.....

Configuration: Intel core 2 duo(3.4),
intel's P965 mother board,
1*2 GB DDR2 RAM 667(kingston),
200 or 250GB HDD(seagate),
256MB graphics card(asus en8600GT or GF8500GT,XFX 8600 GT 256 MB ),
LCD moniter 17" TFT(view sonic or samsumg),
TV Tuner card(Leadtek win fast TV2000xp global),
dvd writer(sony DRU 8455),
speakers (2.1 logitech),
cabinet 500 watt (zeberonics),

Iam not sure about the motherboard and graphics card..... pls help me with approx. cost of my pc.....??????

shaan4u

Right off the assembly line
hi bro i'm new here & wanna buy a computers so could u plz suggest me d Configurations of a Good Pc & also i need a Computer part's pricelist of Hyderabad City....................................

Thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in advanced

nil1982

hi bro i'm new here & wanna buy a computers so could u plz suggest me d Configurations of a Good Pc & also i need a Computer part's pricelist of Hyderabad City....................................

Ask with budget and purpose dude. I have been benefited by the experts here, so will be you.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I need to assemble a new PC for general everyday use.
I'm deciding between

Intel Pentium E2160
Intel DG31PR mobo

and

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus M2A-VM mobo

If I go with Intel I get a better processor but worse mobo. With AMD I get a worse processor but a better mobo.

I have no need to overclock so only consider stock performance. I'm leaning towards the AMD combo because it has 4 slots for the RAM and better onboard graphics.

Please give me the prices of all the components in Mumbai and suggest which would be a better buy (or give a better alternative).

shaan4u

Right off the assembly line

Price at aroung 20K & need it for surfing d net , some application & games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom