Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Not possible in 3k, besides Quadro is for workstation not for general OS or gaming.

Better buy Asus P5GC-MX or a new platform upgrade.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
it has gefore 6100 and its AMD's AM2 socket
i had x2 3800+ on it and its a good board.i reached 2.53ghz
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=343&model=1338&modelmenu=1

it has gefore 6100 and its AMD's AM2 socket
i had x2 3800+ on it and its a good board.i reached 2.53ghz
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=343&model=1338&modelmenu=1
I am looking for either a second hand P4 mobo, or a brand new AM2 mobo.

Not in PCI-Express X1 slot.

Upgrade your motherboard to Asus P5GC-MX, Rs 2,500
is there a mobo with the following requirements ?(yours does not fill them)

1. Supports Intel E2160
2. Is Sub 3K cost
3. Supports DDR2 800 RAM in Dual Channel Configuration
4. Has a PCIe 16x Slot
5. Can be used with stock cooling to take E2160 to 2.4 GHz or 2.2 GHz

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Not possible in 3k, besides Quadro is for workstation not for general OS or gaming.

Better buy Asus P5GC-MX or a new platform upgrade.
Whats the cost of P5GC-MX?

I am looking for either a second hand P4 mobo, or a brand new AM2 mobo.

is there a mobo with the following requirements ?(yours does not fill them)

1. Supports Intel E2160
2. Is Sub 3K cost
3. Supports DDR2 800 RAM in Dual Channel Configuration
4. Has a PCIe 16x Slot
5. Can be used with stock cooling to take E2160 to 2.4 GHz or 2.2 GHz
Intel DG31. Get the OEM piece for 3.05k Supports all LGA 775 procs. and possibly with a bios upgrade can support 45nm chips too. Has onboard x3100 and also a pci-e x16, x1, pci slots.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Its gonna be either IP35E + E8200 or DG31 + E6550 for me. Going tom monring to get it.

Can anyone temme how are Samsung 20x SATA octo-edge enabled drives? Any problems? Can I buy them?

Getting Viewsonic 1912wb DVI for about 8.6k+. Thats the lowest I could find anywhere.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Its gonna be either IP35E + E8200 or DG31 + E6550 for me. Going tom monring to get it.

Can anyone temme how are Samsung 20x SATA octo-edge enabled drives? Any problems? Can I buy them?

Getting Viewsonic 1912wb DVI for about 8.6k+. Thats the lowest I could find anywhere.

Using the 203B model bought some 5 months back for 1.43K. Very good performance till now. Earlier I was not at all in favour of SS but when I went to buy one, it was the only one available and the reviews @ cdfreaks was good. I think you will get the newer and better 203D at a much lower cost now, may be 1.1K.

Whats the cost of P5GC-MX?

Intel DG31. Get the OEM piece for 3.05k Supports all LGA 775 procs. and possibly with a bios upgrade can support 45nm chips too. Has onboard x3100 and also a pci-e x16, x1, pci slots.
but intel boards don't overclock. I specifically need a mobo in which I can OC a E2160. Otherwise it beats the perpose of going intel in the first place

go for the former IP35-E + E8200. You can even OC it and its a very decent configuration, as it can easily be a part of a budget gaming rig. If you plan to game in the near future, it will really be a worthy investment.

and all samsung drives are "Octo Edge" drives, though I neither care nor know what that means. You might want to try a lite-on DVD-RAM drive(that has support for DVD-RAM, DVD+-RW(DL), DVD+-R(DL), CD-R and CD-EW) which also has lightscribe. A similar philips drive if you get one will only make things better.

and if you don't mind, please check whats the current price of branded DVD media(HP, Moser Baer, Sony, Samsung, and the like) in SP Road. I am planning to buy a consignment of DVD+R discs in order to backup my hard drive. Your trouble will be appritiated.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
IP35E + E8200 combo will cost me 3.5k over DG31 + E6550. So I'll make the decision on spot tom :)

Samsung OEM Drives don't haf the octo-edge stickers on them.

All branded DVD writable media are Rs.15 (or at the most Rs.20). Unless you buy like 1000 of them there won't be much difference in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom