Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

I need to buy a 19" Square (4:3) LCD monitor in a budget of around 10K with good responce time. Which do you think I should go for.

Viewsonic VX922 with 2ms responce time seems to be impressive and has good reviews on the net. How do you think it is or is there some other even better in the same price tag.

Please let me know the model and price of the same. I am not interested in Widescreen monitors.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
I need to buy a 19" Square (4:3) LCD monitor in a budget of around 10K with good responce time. Which do you think I should go for.

Viewsonic VX922 with 2ms responce time seems to be impressive and has good reviews on the net. How do you think it is or is there some other even better in the same price tag.

Please let me know the model and price of the same. I am not interested in Widescreen monitors.

Had bought the same 13 months back. Had to RMA twice during the period due to brightness and contrast problems and on both occasions it was replaced once within 10 days and second time within 20 days. But performance is really good when functional. It seems later ones have improved. But is it still in production? Anyways it is available with theitwares for 10.5K.

upendra_gp

In the zone
go4saket said:

first of all 4:3 can NEVER be a SQUARE! LG's 19" lcd is also good btw.

go4saket

janitha said:
Had bought the same 13 months back. Had to RMA twice during the period due to brightness and contrast problems and on both occasions it was replaced once within 10 days and second time within 20 days. But performance is really good when functional. It seems later ones have improved. But is it still in production? Anyways it is available with theitwares for 10.5K.

Any idea which is the current model running successfully...

upendra_gp

In the zone
where is choto?
and also the prices mentioned here are distributor prices or grey market ones?
ok here is my question again(with some changes)
Choto u suggested me this config
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show...postcount=1018
For some reason there is change in the budget so please fit it in 20k keeping 2GB RAM,160GB HDD .
I was thinking of getting an AMD 5000+(Black edition) or 6000+ board-proccy combo . What do you think of this? And I have old DVD-Writer.
And i will be ripping my entire dvd collection on a harddisk using x264.I will be doing DVD ripping in short with x264. And I will be playing games like Crysis etc. My computerwallah says that it will be enough but i still think that Intel C2D is more powerful at a bit less or more price.
Thanks in advance!

sonu1983

Broken In
ok guys..my sis is getin the athlon 5000+black edition for me from the US :D..and also the 8800GT 512mb card...but now am stuck with the motherboard...ill be buyin a MOBO here in india itself..so am wondering which 1 do i go for..i can spend around 5k for it..but i donu for which 1 ... i thought of asus M2N-E..but its not tat gr8 i heard..any suggestions..?thanks in advance

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
Any idea which is the current model running successfully...

Actually I meant that the later productions of the model which I received subsequently seem to have improved in general, ie they might have rectified its original issues. No idea about their later non-wide models. Generally all brands seem to popularize wide ones because they are cheaper to manufacture.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
sonu1983 said:
ok guys..my sis is getin the athlon 5000+black edition for me from the US :D..and also the 8800GT 512mb card...but now am stuck with the motherboard...ill be buyin a MOBO here in india itself..so am wondering which 1 do i go for..i can spend around 5k for it..but i donu for which 1 ... i thought of asus M2N-E..but its not tat gr8 i heard..any suggestions..?thanks in advance
chk MSI K9N Ultra (NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra)
i saw bad reviews abt m2n-e, but i am going to buy that soon becoz its such a nice mobo

dearkumar

Broken In
for processor I am buying Intel e6600 or 6750 . Now I am looking for good motherboard for it . Now mobo should have lan card and bluetooth support, that a major criteria and better if Not an MSI motherboard . so tell me which options I have .

arun_chennai

tech mighty
dearkumar said:
for processor I am buying Intel e6600 or 6750 . Now I am looking for good motherboard for it . Now mobo should have lan card and bluetooth support, that a major criteria and better if Not an MSI motherboard . so tell me which options I have .

Integrated Graphics===>Biostar 7150 (Price ~5k)
No IGP=============>ABIT P35IE;) (Price ~6k)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
For the guy with AMD 5000+ Black Edition:

Make Sure you get a Motherboard which has EXTENSIVE OC capabilities. That Proc is one of best overclockable things out there with Multiplier upto 25x. :D

Read it reviews. So if u want to get max out of it get a rocking mobo ;)

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Guys, please suggest some good Micro ATX format motherboard for my Intel Pentium D 2.8 processor.

I have following requirements for the mobo
1) My cabinet is MicroATX so I need a microATX board. Dont want to buy another cabinet/SMPS.
2) Should have atleast 4 RAM slots.
3) Cost <= 5K Lower the better of course
5) Onboard video is not a must since I have a separate PCIe graphics card.
6) Should be as future proof as possible. like support for quad core processors.

I was thinking of getting XFX 650i ultra but it is not of MicroATX size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom