Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ change the 8400 gs to a 8600gt.. ur friend ll thank u in the future..
save on the proccy if u want to.. get a e2140 and oc it..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
pathiks said:

Is it advisable to O/C a media centre PC? Noise?

arun_chennai

tech mighty
pathiks said:

As he is going to use it as Media PC i advised him to get 8400...for gaming it is not good...:D

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
^^ thanks man.. but that's PC was for a computer newb my dad's friend's son

i will suggest the same.. with a better procy !! and save on cabinet and speakers
they also wanted table iin 30k. lets see

CPU -E6750 2.66ghz -07800
MB -Biostar 7050-03200
Graphics -Integrated
HDD -Seagate (250GB SATA) -02600
RAM -Transcend 1024 X 2 (667 Mhz) -01900
Moniter -Viewsonic 1930wm -09100
Cabinet -Zebronics Normal -01000
KB & Mouse -Any -00500
DVD -Sony -01200
TV Tuner -Pinnacle PC TV PCI -02400
Speaker -Altec Lansing Basic 2.1 -01000
=======================================
Total -30200
No need to overclock this system at all....if u wish u may slightly overclock also.....:D:D:D

Last edited:

upendra_gp

In the zone
~It_is_Andrew~ said:
is amd x2 5000+ black edition available in india yet? or might be available in recent future?
I was too going to ask that! btw I asked my computerwallah and got a negative reply that it is ot available here. Though belief is a concern 'cause the same guy quoted 8600GT's price 9.1k!

arun_chennai

tech mighty
manishjha18 said:
hey arun isn't Biostar TF7050-M2 is for AMD platform--

Yes...but Biostar GF7050V-M7 is for Intel platform....for further info "*www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=307"...:D:D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Sigh... Im as confused as a monkey with cellphone... :(

Need suggesstion for MOBO + CPU + RAM,

I will go for E6750 , but please recomend a motherboard, NON-SLI , basic overclocking is ok. budget for all 3 - 15K

I have heard that XFX 650i has some stability issues with it. Also please let me know about the chipsets which came after 965..

I have a nVidia 7300GT with me, so even if there is no onboard graphics its ok for me.

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Charan said:

I will go for E6750 , but please recomend a motherboard, NON-SLI , basic overclocking is ok. budget for all 3 - 15K

I have heard that XFX 650i has some stability issues with it. Also please let me know about the chipsets which came after 965..

I have a nVidia 7300GT with me, so even if there is no onboard graphics its ok for me.
after 965, nividia launched 680 & 650 chipsets and now intels p35 and g33
All decent motherboards for intel are above 7k except xfx 650i ultra.
There is good comparison of intel motherboards in this months digit,have read it?
If u want good performance in games choose nividia based chipset frm xfx or galaxy.
Good features in mb then asus starting frm 7k
Performance+energy efficient then 965 based mobo.(nividia chipset consumes 25-35w more).

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
pathiks said:

he is computer newb so no OC
and i think arun gives a good config
now to that i wil tell him to add a gfx card for gaming and hd movies

arun_chennai said:
As he is going to use it as Media PC i advised him to get 8400...for gaming it is not good...:D

CPU -E6750 2.66ghz -07800
MB -Biostar 7050-03200
Graphics -Integrated
HDD -Seagate (250GB SATA) -02600
RAM -Transcend 1024 X 2 (667 Mhz) -01900
Moniter -Viewsonic 1930wm -09100
Cabinet -Zebronics Normal -01000
KB & Mouse -Any -00500
DVD -Sony -01200
TV Tuner -Pinnacle PC TV PCI -02400
Speaker -Altec Lansing Basic 2.1 -01000
Total -30200
No need to overclock this system at all....if u wish u may slightly overclock also.....:D:D:D

Thanks.. this is much better then the pathetic Config some dumb guy gave for 30k !!
will advice him to add 8600 GT and make it 35k PC and Rock it with games at medium settings.. should satisfy in all ways for a 1st time gamer

arun_chennai

tech mighty
Charan said:

E6750==>7.8k
Biostar P35==>4.2k
2*1gb Transcend 800Mhz==>2.6k
Total==>14.6k

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I was looking for a configuration & I more or less decided on the following: (the prices are indicative from theitwires, if anyone know the updated amount (kolkata) please specify)

AMD Athlon x2 5600+ --- 6600
Asus M2A VM --- 3500
2 GB Transcend DDR2 800 MHz --- 3000
250GB Seagate (16mb) HDD --- 2900
Colorsit SMPS + Cabinet --- no idea(~2000)
---------------------------------------------------
Total ~ 18000+ VAT

Primarily I had a much lower budget but as it came to this, I started wondering if I will make a mistake by not opting for better Core2Duo series by spending little extra?
What do you guys suggest(with specific details please)
Would like to try basic oc.
Please reply , I will be eagerly waiting ;)

arun_chennai

tech mighty
pathiks said:
@arun any idea of the price of this??
*www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=TF7150U-M7
Actually I called Abacus Peripherals (Chennai Branch) to enquire about this MB only...but they told me that it will take 1 or 2 weeks for that board to arrive:-(:-(...but they gave the price of 7050 model as 3.3k...i am also waiting for 7150 only (coz it has DVI & HDMI;-);-))...

~It_is_Andrew~ said:
I was looking for a configuration & I more or less decided on the following: (the prices are indicative from theitwires, if anyone know the updated amount (kolkata) please specify)

Asus M2A VM --- 3500
Total ~ 18000+ VAT

Primarily I had a much lower budget but as it came to this, I started wondering if I will make a mistake by not opting for better Core2Duo series by spending little extra?
For the very same price get the following config & it is equivalent to AMD X2 6000 (at stock)

Intel E6550 --- 6900
Biostar 7050 --- 3200
Total ~ 18000+ VAT
A better system without overclocking....
If u overclock this proc it can easily acheive (400FSB*7==>2.8Ghz) & will kill any AMD offering....:D:D

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
~It_is_Andrew~ said:

Asus M2A VM --- 3500
Total ~ 18000+ VAT

better to choose 5200+ 2.7 Brisbane core(not windsor) for which uses less power and runs cooler than 5600+.
not much difference in performance also.
If u r going for core 2 duo u will need to find a good motherboard(above 6k) to match core 2 duo .
In amd platform u will get good motherboard under 4k,so another option is to buy amd 5000+ black edition having unlocked multiplier(overclocking is easy) and to overclock it to match performance similar to core 2 duo at stock cooling.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@cyberboy , gigacore, arun and vivek , harvik ( via PM :) ) thanks a lot for your suggestions..

I want to choose between these

Biostar P35 ( just one model available ) but there is one problem in this board.. the power connectors are right inthe middle of the board between the processor and the pcie x16 port..

MSI P35 Neo. The board looks quite good. will look into this closer :)

There is one more board Intel DP35DP how is it?

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Thanx for the reply arun_chennai & cyberboy_kerala :)

cyberboy_kerala said:
better to choose 5200+ 2.7 Brisbane core(not windsor) for which uses less power and runs cooler than 5600+.
not much difference in performance also.
If u r going for core 2 duo u will need to find a good motherboard(above 6k) to match core 2 duo .
In amd platform u will get good motherboard under 4k,so another option is to buy amd 5000+ black edition having unlocked multiplier(overclocking is easy) and to overclock it to match performance similar to core 2 duo at stock cooling.

I choose 5600+ because I heard its the first one(in ascending order) in that series to have 2 MB L2 cache .
& also some say 5200+ is 2.7GHz some say its 2.6 GHz?? Once i read somewhere that running a proc with odd number of 1/2 of GHz rating should be avoided as it'll not be able to make use of full 800MHz speed of the ram, I'm not sure about how that works though!?

edit : how to differentiate between "Brisbane core(not windsor)"??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom