Status
Not open for further replies.

prunthaban

Broken In
Hells_Fury said:
^^Youre here too? :p
Hehe...

So you got to know my config ;)

You are using that Corsair 620W power supply. right? Let me know is it enough for me.

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Nothing better than XFX!

Lets start:
1. Processor: It should be a quad core because we are talking about future proofing. Overclock or not, its your option.

2. Memory: Try www.memoryc.com, where u can own an OCZ for almost half the price of Corsair or may be Kingston( Check the offer).

3. GPU: Ultra? Really?.....The GTX is really worthy enough and having fair P Vs P (Performance vs Price). So.... 8800GTX will be my choice.

4. Motherboard: Since now i was only in favor of ASUS STRIKER EXTREME or P5N 32 SLI....but this motherboard (P5K-c) is a deal.

4. Spend some more on PSU if u are buying GTX or Ultra and building a monster...like 750Watt PSU.

5. Cabinet: I 'de say.... COOLER MASTER....had a very good experience with Cavalier.

6. Try some liquid cooling for ur monster boy.

Rest of your system is rocking.....well the whole system is rocking!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the suggestions...

I agree with you on most of the stuff.

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Well based on the fact that we have very similar configs I would say that the Corsair is more than enough.
As for your motherboard, why dont you buy a 650i motherboard for now? If you decide to go the DDR3 way later you can buy an X38 based mobo then. Since you do not plan on overclocking anyway, the 650i should be sufficient and its pretty cheap too.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Hells_Fury said:
Well based on the fact that we have very similar configs I would say that the Corsair is more than enough.
As for your motherboard, why dont you buy a 650i motherboard for now? If you decide to go the DDR3 way later you can buy an X38 based mobo then. Since you do not plan on overclocking anyway, the 650i should be sufficient and its pretty cheap too.
Are u saying its more than enough?
Well dude if u haven't seen the price difference......its 5000/- between Corsair and Kingston.Compared to them OCZ is really a good option and way less expensive!!!
The 650i motherboard is a good option but the P5K-C is really woth for 9500/-!!!!

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
honestly p5k-c is an overkill, u wouldnt need that thing now its not even fully optimized for it i would say its kind of like a beta you know u should consider p5ne sli right now unless u really wanna go for p5k-c
ocz brand is really really good and to be honest kingston, corsair, ocz doesnt really make a dam difference just get ddr2 1066mhz or ddr 1333mhz if ur getting that p5k-c

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
yeah he's right!
DDR2 and DDR3 aren't gonna make a big difference in performance. But in price.....wohhhh.....u can get 2 GB DDR2 fro the price of 512 MB DDR3 as for now and i m sure that this price will remain for a long time because there aren't even much graphics card with DDR4 RAM except 2600XT and 1950XTX....may be 2900XT but the price is what really matters.
Even if the price is not the big difference among the brands....my option will still be OCZ.

prunthaban

Broken In
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Are u saying its more than enough?
Well dude if u haven't seen the price difference......its 5000/- between Corsair and Kingston.Compared to them OCZ is really a good option and way less expensive!!!
The 650i motherboard is a good option but the P5K-C is really woth for 9500/-!!!!
I think you got him wrong. He is talking about the Corsair power supply (and not RAM).

entrana said:
honestly p5k-c is an overkill, u wouldnt need that thing now its not even fully optimized for it i would say its kind of like a beta you know u should consider p5ne sli right now unless u really wanna go for p5k-c
ocz brand is really really good and to be honest kingston, corsair, ocz doesnt really make a dam difference just get ddr2 1066mhz or ddr 1333mhz if ur getting that p5k-c
Ok. I think I will better go with 650i Ultra MB. But I am not sure whether 1066 MHz DDR2 is available (I could not find it listed in priceguru.in). I am not sure how costly it is. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

prunthaban

Broken In
entrana said:
650i doesent suppor 1066mhz ddr2 only 800mhzddr2
Yep:(

Now I wonder how come Hells_Fury has 1066 MHz RAM with P5N-E 32 SLI board! Even that motherboard does not suport 1066 MHz!!!

I have a few more doubts,

1. Will 2 * 8600 GT in SLI mode will give better performance than 8800 GTX? I don't think so. But just asking.

2. P5K-C has hell lot of new features with P35 chipset and it looks cheap for the price of 9.5K (Remember P5N-E SLI is 7.5K. But it does lacks many features). So why not P5K-C?

3. Why not 4 GB RAM? I am planning to use Vista ulimate. So will I require 4 GB?

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Just because a motherboard doesnt officially support 1066 MHz RAM doesnt meant that it wont run it...The P5N32-E SLI officially only supports 800MHz, but that doesnt mean that higher speed RAMs wont run on it...
And yes i was talking about the Corsair PSU, not the memory.
No 2 X 8600GT wont give better performance than an 8800GTX.
Why do you want all the features of the P5K-C? What particular feature are you interested in?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
AMD 64 X2 4400+ @ Rs. 3800/-

1GB DDR-II 667MHz @ Rs. 1800/-

Asus M2N8- MX @ Rs. 2950

XFX 8600 GT @ Rs. 6800

This is what I am planning for my Dabba upgrade. I am on a shoe string 13-14K

Going to use all other things exising and sell the former parts stated above

Basically using for Moderate Gaming. Caeser IV and AoE III TAD etc

Is this good buy or I can get better ?

This Mobo has a built in Geforce 6xxx. Can I get a Mobo without a built in GPU so it will cost even lesser?

plz help

prunthaban

Broken In
Hells_Fury said:
Just because a motherboard doesnt officially support 1066 MHz RAM doesnt meant that it wont run it...The P5N32-E SLI officially only supports 800MHz, but that doesnt mean that higher speed RAMs wont run on it...
And yes i was talking about the Corsair PSU, not the memory.
No 2 X 8600GT wont give better performance than an 8800GTX.
Why do you want all the features of the P5K-C? What particular feature are you interested in?

The same logic should apply to 650i MB too right? Will it run 1066 MHz RAM? I doubt the MotherBoard will not make full utilization of the RAM speed.
So I think I better settle down with 650i Ultra and Corsair 800MHz RAM (I seriously doubt the availability of 1066MHz RAM here).

Hells_Fury

In the zone
If youre sticking with 800 MHz and dont want to OC, then go for 800 MHz Kingston itself. AFAIK 1066MHz RAM isnt available in India.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
prunthaban said:
The same logic should apply to 650i MB too right? Will it run 1066 MHz RAM? I doubt the MotherBoard will not make full utilization of the RAM speed.
So I think I better settle down with 650i Ultra and Corsair 800MHz RAM (I seriously doubt the availability of 1066MHz RAM here).
good choice

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
can any one give me the EXACT price of the following with tax, i am living in Çhèññäì ..so anyone from Çhèññäì or anyone knows the price exactly can help me.

1 gb Ddr2 667mhz
1 gb Ddr2 800mhz
Many here suggest to go for 667mhz ,why is it?is there a problem or compatibility issue in using 800mhz?
320 gb hard disk with 16 mb buffer.

XFX 8600 256 DDR3 (today i asked one shop,they said 6800 Rs including tax?but someone here said its now 6.2k...is it so?has the price in Çhèññäì haven come down?

Good well ventilated, 2 fan atleast cabinet with smps

E440 processor

Asus P5K ,is this the latest one or the asus P5B ?
And what is the difference in V AND VM in these mobo? And also the price?

Anyone who does know or have bought these recently can help me out.
I dont have much time as i have to give quotation within 2 days.so help me fast!
And one last question.
Is XFX 650 ultra a better performer than asus P5K OR P5B?
If possible denote whether tax is included or not...chota pls update your first post.

prunthaban

Broken In
naveen_reloaded said:
can any one give me the EXACT price of the following with tax, i am living in Çhèññäì ..so anyone from Çhèññäì or anyone knows the price exactly can help me.

1 gb Ddr2 667mhz
1 gb Ddr2 800mhz
Many here suggest to go for 667mhz ,why is it?is there a problem or compatibility issue in using 800mhz?
320 gb hard disk with 16 mb buffer.

XFX 8600 256 DDR3 (today i asked one shop,they said 6800 Rs including tax?but someone here said its now 6.2k...is it so?has the price in Çhèññäì haven come down?

Good well ventilated, 2 fan atleast cabinet with smps

E440 processor

Asus P5K ,is this the latest one or the asus P5B ?
And what is the difference in V AND VM in these mobo? And also the price?

Anyone who does know or have bought these recently can help me out.
I dont have much time as i have to give quotation within 2 days.so help me fast!
And one last question.
Is XFX 650 ultra a better performer than asus P5K OR P5B?
If possible denote whether tax is included or not...chota pls update your first post.
I am also from Chennai :)
I buy stuffs from a shop called delta peripherals in richie street. They have a site where you can see price list (Check *www.deltapage.com/)

Regarding 650i is better than P5K or P5B... Well.. even I am interested in knowing...

Why do you want to give quotation? Go to ricihie street and buy...

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
prunthaban said:
I think you got him wrong. He is talking about the Corsair power supply (and not RAM).
ohhh.....my bad!

Also if u are not going to overclock i suggest go for AMD. Its almost half of the power hungry Intel. Also in that case the Corsair(PSU) will be enough.
or
u can wait till 2nd half of November till u get Phenom processors if u really want a Quad core. But then also there will be Penryn core from Intel. Then u will be having a good option.

Although the mainstream Phenom will be available in January but u will get a fair idea about the Phenom and Penryn.

Last edited:

vishal_2032

Broken In
I want help in building a pc( also tell me to change anything u feel)

processor- intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz E 6750- Rs.8000

ram - 2*1 gb zion ddr2 800mhz-2400*2=4800

hard disk- seagate 400gb sata- 4700

graphic card-- 256 mb asus EN 8600GT-7200(please tell me this card has tv output or not)

lcd monitor-- 19 inch wide screen LG -10000

please refer me a mother board with all the new features ( upto Rs. 12000)

1 should also support core 2 quad
2 fsb support 1333Mhz
3 Ram support- ddr3(1333 )
4 sata,raid,sli,hd audio,ethernet onboard,firewire etc
and also tell me other features

few of my choices are-
1 msi P35 platinum
2 msi 935 neo
3 intel DG975 XBX2
4 msi P6N SLI platinum D3
5 Msi K9N SLI Platinum
6 gigabyte -Ga-G33m-D52R

Please tell me oter options available and also evalute these mother boards with refference to features and price.

and also tell me should I wait for sometime as intel next line processors are due shortly?

I want every one of u to help me

You can also tell me other configurations for pc.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
scrath ur ram and change it transcend, its cheaper and zion isnt good anyways. get the k9n sli platinum its pretty fine although i reccomend u get asus p5n32 e sli, because im pretty sure u dont want to spend 20k on ddr3 ram

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys i am waiting for some one to reply to my prev question.in
Deltapage i was not able to find price of what i want.
Please some one help me or atleast answer my other questions which are not price related.
Thanks in advance.

gsenthil

Broken In
Hello Guys,

I am planning(finally!!!!) to dump my very old P4 system and get myself a new one... need ur expert help to get the rite config....

I need a good multimedia system. Would be primarily be using it for watching Dvds,HD content,Converting one video/audio format to an other, browsing...and very casual gaming....

I have the following config in mind.....help me understand the nitty gritties and remove any performance bottlenecks....

Budget ~ 45K (Can push it to 50K, if it is really worth it !!! )

Intel Core 2 Duo - E6750
Motherboard - Intel DG33 / XFX 650i ??
Ram 2*1 gb Transend - 800 Mhz (or will a 667 Mhz do? )
Hard disk- seagate 320 gb sata

lcd monitor - 19 inches Viewsonic or samsung ?? ( I need a one with a DVI Port and a widescreen one.....It should also do justice to HD Content !!! )
Is the Samsung 206Bw available in India ??

Dvd Writer - LG
UPS - APC
KB + MS - Logitech

TV tuner card - Pinnacle (Can anyone suggest a very good one here...This is Imp, as I would be doubling my comp as TV in my room.. :) )

Graphics Card - suggest a card, which is capable of Playing HD content very smoothly and should run windws Vista to max Potential....and some decent gaming...)

many thnx in advance !!!!

Cheers,
Senthil Gopalan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom