Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk

Broken In
Hello friends,
i want to upgrade my 1 year old compaqpc [core2 duo]because it has no vt support
so i want to know
q1=is integrated graphics provided by corei3 is equal to g31based mobo or inferior?
q2=should i buy core i3 now or if i wait 2/3 months is it possible that price of corei5 will fall in range of core i3?
thx for info from you expert guys.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hello friends,
i want to upgrade my 1 year old compaqpc [core2 duo]because it has no vt support
so i want to know
q1=is integrated graphics provided by corei3 is equal to g31based mobo or inferior?
q2=should i buy core i3 now or if i wait 2/3 months is it possible that price of corei5 will fall in range of core i3?

Prices are always going down but can't assure on the i3=i5 price thingy.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello friends,
so i want to know

q1. better.
q2. forget i3, i5. get Athlon II or Phenom II. if going for Intel, get i7.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
one quick question...is it safe to buy gfx card online? if yes thn plz suggest sme online stores on which i can trust...actually i am finding it rather hard to get a hd 5770 1gb gddr5...in rashi peripherals m getting the xfx one. i think that was 5670 1 gb nd it was for 10.2k, which really goes above my budget..nd hd 5770 of xfx was 12.5k...

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
one quick question...is it safe to buy gfx card online? if yes thn plz suggest sme online stores on which i can trust...actually i am finding it rather hard to get a hd 5770 1gb gddr5...in rashi peripherals m getting the xfx one. i think that was 5670 1 gb nd it was for 10.2k, which really goes above my budget..nd hd 5770 of xfx was 12.5k...

primeabgb (based in Mumbai) and lynx-india (based in Chandigarh ? Not sure), are the two most trusted online sellers and you shouldn't hesitate to buy from them :).

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

ok,but is there any possibility of price falling of corei intel based processors,as i have read in various places that intel may be soon launching new processors?

Told you man, the prices are always falling. The prices will sure go down in a couple of months. It might be a little but they will.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
MEDIAHOME.IN MSI HD5770 HAWK @ Rs 10.1K Shipping extra
Else BIOSTAR HD5770 @ 8.6K Shipping extra. Biostar RMA center is in DELHI. You have to send the card there for any RMA requests

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hi everyone, I was not active here for quite a long time, so would guys help me to buy a new rig for about some 15k bucks.

The rig is for one of my colleague, he just needs it for basic home use.

Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hi everyone, I was not active here for quite a long time, so would guys help me to buy a new rig for about some 15k bucks.

The rig is for one of my colleague, he just needs it for basic home use.

Thanks.

Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8k
Gigabyte GA740G-UD2H (check spelling) @ 2.5k
A-Data or Hynix/Kingston 2GB DDR3 @ 2.5-2.6/2.8kk
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 2k
Cabby+SMPS @ 1k
Logitec KB+M @ .6k
AOC 15.6" @ 4.7k
Creative A35 @ .4k

Total: 16.5k cheaper than this, DDR2 based.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Temme the best mobo+proccy+RAM (DDR3) for 20ish k ? (give or take a couple grand). It is for me and will most prolly be using it with a 8800GT (or if i get luck, a GTX260 coz my card has gone for replacement... fingers x :D). The purpose of the PC was, is and will be gaming. On 1440x900 I may add so if you think that a combo for 15k will suffice then dont go further :).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well Processor+Mobo+Ram @ 20k eliminates all the Intel configs. AMD is there only.
Processor: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 7.7k
Motherboard:
ECS A885GM-A2 @ 4.9k or Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k
Ram: 2 X 2 GB KingSton 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 5.4k

Total is around 18k+Tax

Justification: Phenom II 955 is a very good processor and hell of a overclocker. Even with the stock cooler 3.8 Ghz is possible. I am running it @ 3.6 GHz all the time and very good for gaming also.

Special Suggestion: Since you are having 2k extra, you can go for a Phenom II X6 1055T @ 9.5k. It is also very highly overclock-able and has very good Cooling.

For mobo I've suggested the AMD885 chipset based mobo as it will give you the SATA 3 and USB 3 features.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Thanks guys. I will be going with the suggestion made by Sam.Shab since my friend needs the system just for basic home usage.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well Processor+Mobo+Ram @ 20k eliminates all the Intel configs. AMD is there only.
Processor: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 7.7k
Motherboard:
ECS A885GM-A2 @ 4.9k or Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k
Ram: 2 X 2 GB KingSton 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 5.4k

Total is around 18k+Tax

Justification: Phenom II 955 is a very good processor and hell of a overclocker. Even with the stock cooler 3.8 Ghz is possible. I am running it @ 3.6 GHz all the time and very good for gaming also.

Special Suggestion: Since you are having 2k extra, you can go for a Phenom II X6 1055T @ 9.5k. It is also very highly overclock-able and has very good Cooling.

For mobo I've suggested the AMD885 chipset based mobo as it will give you the SATA 3 and USB 3 features.

in short:

X4 955 ---> out of box gaming.
X6 1055T ---> out of box >>> OC ... gaming.
ECS mobo ---> crap. better get biostar motherboard. atleast reliable & freely available. also cheaper.

Guys,

Did you check AMD website ? They have listed a 95W TDP X6 1055T.

its nothing but a X4 955 story. first release a processor at 125/140W & as manufacturing process improve, slower TDP to 95/125W.

just hoping, Athlon II X4's TDP lower to 80W-85W. a L3 cache less processor. non Black Edition. cheap but 95W @ just 2.6-3Ghz. too much.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Ya. I will wait for X6 processors to evolve and upgrade to X6 next year.Unless AMD starts making 32nm proccys my mobo would support a 45nm X6 Proccy

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
in short:

X4 955 ---> out of box gaming.
X6 1055T ---> out of box >>> OC ... gaming.
ECS mobo ---> crap. better get biostar motherboard. atleast reliable & freely available. also cheaper.

its nothing but a X4 955 story. first release a processor at 125/140W & as manufacturing process improve, slower TDP to 95/125W.

just hoping, Athlon II X4's TDP lower to 80W-85W. a L3 cache less processor. non Black Edition. cheap but 95W @ just 2.6-3Ghz. too much.

Thank you Cilius and Sam. I will go for the X4 if I have to buy a new combo. Thanks a lot for the suggestions :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom