Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
USB 3.0 maybe faster than USB2.0 by ten fold. But now, the bottle neck comes from memory and HDD speeds. And this means that we may not be able to see huge improvements in data transfer rate.

Krow

Crowman
^That is how they market it at least. I think real world increments may be more in the twice as good region. What about SATA 3.0, will that cause an increment in HDD write speeds?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
sata 3 again need sata 3 HDDs to utilize the potential.

but again, there is a serious limitation. It's the speed with which HDD's arm can transfer data (signal).

sata3 will be very useful for something like WD black edition and raptors that are limited by sata2's bandwidth.

tkin

Back to school!!
sata 3 again need sata 3 HDDs to utilize the potential.

but again, there is a serious limitation. It's the speed with which HDD's arm can transfer data (signal).

sata3 will be very useful for something like WD black edition and raptors that are limited by sata2's bandwidth.
I don't think so, only SSDs can cross the SATA2 Speed limit, since they are mostly(i mean all) out of reach its really no use getting SATA 3 now, it will be quite a few years for SSDs to hit the mainstream market, wasting money isn't needed, apart from SSDs most peripheral devices(all that use flash- like ipod, walkmans, cameras, pen drives) are yet to cross USB 2.0 limit so USB 3.0 is likewise useless, the technology needs to catch up first.

layzee

■■■■■■
SSDs are insanely pricey now (SATA3 models if available will be even more costlier)
Anyone who wants comparable performance can get a WD Velociraptor

tkin

Back to school!!
SSDs are insanely pricey now (SATA3 models if available will be even more costlier)
Anyone who wants comparable performance can get a WD Velociraptor
Or better go raid 0 with them, get similar speed at less than 50% price per GB.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
is it available in india ??

I guess not. BTW, it was priced around $30 and it uses pci-e x4 slot & this card also has 2 sata 6gb ports .For pics and more details :p

*www.maximumpc.com/article/news/exclusive_first_usb_30_and_sata_60_expansion_card_will_sell_30

*dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/usb3card/usb3_02_sm.jpg

*dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/usb3card/usb3_06_sm.jpg

WoW! It's one hell of a great card IMO :p

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I guess not. BTW, it was priced around $30 and it uses pci-e x4 slot & this card also has 2 sata 6gb ports .For pics and more details :p

*www.maximumpc.com/article/news/exclusive_first_usb_30_and_sata_60_expansion_card_will_sell_30

WoW! It's one hell of a great card IMO :p
That's really cheap, provided USB 3.0 drives or SATA 3.0 drives will cost a fortune(SSDs).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Need a bit of help.

Is my SMPS "Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W" enough for radeon 4850 / GTS 250 ?
The processor will be an E7500.

Thanks.

Krow

Crowman
It probably will be sufficient, but I would not run my rig on a sub-par SMPS. Anyway, you make up the extra initial investment in terms of power savings, so what goes around comes around.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok. is corsair cx400 enough or shall i get the vx450 ?

i'm inclined to the vx450 but the street price here is 6k. Any shop in B'lore which gives it for 4k ?

offtopic : dang. pop got me a mac book. I cant believe he payed 50k for that stupid thing. The display is so inferior compared to my dell screen. And 9400GT , holy crap. Looks like i cant buy 4870. I'll have to settle with GTS 250 ( street price is 8k for 512mb version ! ) or 4850.

Krow

Crowman
Try GolchaIT or Ankit Infotech on SP road. I would say, go non-Corsair. CM Real Power Pro 460W is just as good @ 3.5k. Make sure you buy Real Power Pro as many dealers may try to sell you Extreme power, which you already have. Just check with the warranty of this one and let us know. AFAIK, it is 5 years, but if it isn't, get the VX450W @ 4k, which has 5 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom