Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Yeah, the PSU can run it, but then again the same explanation holds about PSU's. A lower watted but highly efficient PSU > a higher watted low efficiency PSU.

so a CM Real Power Pro 460W >>> CM Extreme 500W.

For a 4770 however, I would not worry much. It is a low power consuming card anyway.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
thanks. I'll go for hd4770 then.

Can anyone explain WHY the macbook costs so much even though its crappy ? OK , the Mac OS X is likable but other than that , what the hell ?

smltngs

Broken In
i want to play games at max 1280*1024 since i only have a 17 inch crt monitor..
so will 4850 or gts250 be a overkill to play at that resolution with all settings high
or can i go for one of them..
which one is better of the two at my settings..
please state pros and cons of these two cards..

tkin

Back to school!!
i want to play games at max 1280*1024 since i only have a 17 inch crt monitor..
so will 4850 or gts250 be a overkill to play at that resolution with all settings high
or can i go for one of them..
which one is better of the two at my settings..
please state pros and cons of these two cards..
No, GTS250/ HD4850 won't be overkill, but you need to have a good SMPS(500W atleast- local cheap SMPS won't count). You can max out any game with those GPUs @ 1280x1024 with 4x/8xAA(except- Crysis).

HD4850:
Pros:
1.DirectX 10.1 support(with DX11, DX10.1 is dead, so its not a pro technically)

Cons:
1.Runs a bit hot.
2.No PhysX support.

GTS250:
Pros:
1.Has PhysX.
2.Runs comparatively cooler.

Cons:
1.No Dx10.1

In most game benchmarks GTS250 is marginally faster than HD4850,so you may like to get it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks. I'll go for hd4770 then.

Can anyone explain WHY the macbook costs so much even though its crappy ? OK , the Mac OS X is likable but other than that , what the hell ?

:lol:

You really put your point across straight and clear. I like that.

Honestly even I feel that the Apple Products (including the Macbook) are way way way over priced for their price. They have a niche market and am not really sure why people purchase their equipment for such exuberant prices.

I tried the MacBook/iPhone/iPOD and found them really irritating to use. Way too over priced.

spartan_117

Broken In
Hi guys,
My dad's buying some PC's for his office and needs a reasonable configuration(for mostly buisness applications and the like.) the price limit is around 15K:shock: each.
could you all suggest some configs. Also as its gonna run ONLY buisness apps(NO games, movies etc.) plz post configs mebbe and AMD/Intel comparison if you got the time..and its pros and cons.no graphics cards needed.
So very low end configs will do..
Also note as its mostly for business concentrate mainly on the processor/ram bit...
PLZ post quickly as i need it urgently..Thanks in advance.:p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hi guys,
My dad's buying some PC's for his office and needs a reasonable configuration(for mostly buisness applications and the like.) the price limit is around 15K:shock: each.
could you all suggest some configs. Also as its gonna run ONLY buisness apps(NO games, movies etc.) plz post configs mebbe and AMD/Intel comparison if you got the time..and its pros and cons.no graphics cards needed.
So very low end configs will do..
Also note as its mostly for business concentrate mainly on the processor/ram bit...
PLZ post quickly as i need it urgently..Thanks in advance.:razz:

Here goes ur config
1. AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 Ghz@ 2.8k
2. Biostar A785GE @ 3.4k
3. 2 GB Kingstone DDR2 800 MHz ram @ 1.85k (deltapage.com)
4. Seagare 250 GB @ 1.9k
5. Zebronics 17 inch ORD CRT @ 2.9k(deltapage.com)
6. Keyboard and Mouse @ 0.5k
7. Any good Cabinet with 450W PSU @ 1k
8. LG DVD Writer @ 1k

Total price is 15.4k. Street price is lower than that.

rulerofthecity

Right off the assembly line
Hello every1,
I am new to this forum.
I wish to upgrade my PC.
I need my PC for surfing, word processing and video/movies....but the performance shud be swift.
I plan to install win 7 and also dont want to upgrade my PC H/W for next 6 years, so please suggest me.
There are so many motherBoardss and processors that i am confused which 1 to buy.
I need these things and my budget is 10-15k (Mumbai)
Processor -
Shud I buy Intel or AMD? And which model frm them will be good for my use?
Need good cache.
Motherboard -
A good one which will not be obsolete in the near future.
RAM -
2-3 GB .. Is that a little too much for my kind of usage.
RAM has to be 1333Mhz
HDD -
250 GB
Graphics card -
256/128.. Please suggest 256 or 128....and which model if at all?
I am taking graphics card so that just in future i can play decent games like CS on my pc with out hassles.

Can u please give your valuable suggestion.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD Athlon II X2 240: 3k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H: 5.5k
Transcend 2x2Gb DDR3 1333MHz ram: 5.5k
Western Digital 500Gb sata2 HDD: 2.5k

the onboard 785G should be good enough for casual gaming.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hello every1,
I am new to this forum.
I wish to upgrade my PC.
I need my PC for surfing, word processing and video/movies....but the performance shud be swift.
I plan to install win 7 and also dont want to upgrade my PC H/W for next 6 years, so please suggest me.
There are so many motherBoardss and processors that i am confused which 1 to buy.
I need these things and my budget is 10-15k (Mumbai)
Processor -
Shud I buy Intel or AMD? And which model frm them will be good for my use?
Need good cache.
Motherboard -
A good one which will not be obsolete in the near future.
RAM -
2-3 GB .. Is that a little too much for my kind of usage.
RAM has to be 1333Mhz
HDD -
250 GB
Graphics card -
256/128.. Please suggest 256 or 128....and which model if at all?
I am taking graphics card so that just in future i can play decent games like CS on my pc with out hassles.

Can u please give your valuable suggestion.

Desibond config is gr8 - Go with it .

If u r planning to use Linux (except UBUNTU) then u have to get basic nvidia graphics card !
Linux has less support on Ati except UBUNTU & SABAYON , other linux distros donot support

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It does run but ATI drivers are not refined. And if you pick some lesser known distro, then it will be a big headache and there is also a luck factor.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Friends...
Help me out.
My mashi is in need of updating her pc.
She has scraped around Rs.12000-13000(max) for the purpose.
We will only change the cpu,mobo,ram,hdd,dvdrw and the smps(if possible,add a new mouse&keyboard).

Can anybody suggest something?
I have my final mbbs exam within a month so cant delve into much details at the momment myself.

Proposed usage:movies,music with an occasional game.
Oh,I am from Kolkata.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

And hey,a new cabby+psu(500w) combo may also cut it? Plz advise...we're real short of money....

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

And hey,a new cabby+psu(500w) combo may also cut it? Plz advise...we're real short of money....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have not you got that answer earlier by Anubis

Processor: Athlon II X2 240 - 3k
Motherboard: Biostar A785GE - 3.3k(HD 4200 is a very good IGP. Plays HD with eaze and directX 10.1 complaint)
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 1.9k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli ATX - 1.1k
SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k
Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

Total - 15.2k

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1192342&postcount=465

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Have not you got that answer earlier by Anubis

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1192342&postcount=465

yes i did bro....
but here now i have revised the budget to 12-13k,u see...and so cant afford the gigabyte psu as suggested....
isnt there a good 500w psu bundled with a cabby?shud be enuf for such a rig in my opinion?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most cabby comes bundled with 400-450W generic PSU. They may provide all required juice to the above mentioned rig but as their efficiency is low they will consume much power.

If you want something cheap then you can get Colorsit 450 PSU which is around Rs. 1K and will suffice for the above mentioned rig. For the cheapest psu look for zebronics sata power plus 450W around 400-500 bucks. For HDD get 320GB one. It will save around 200-300 bucks.

For Ram get 1GB one if you are going to get the colorsit psu. It will save you around 600-700 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom