Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I hd heard that HD 4850 has some heating issues and also driver trouble on crossfire etc.?? is it true??:confused:

Thanx fr ur support.

Well the new model has a good fan, updated BIOS so the heating problem is solved for good. And I will stand by comp@ddict.... atleast Google the product name once. You will get page full of info which speaks better than us.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
are the fans included in the package not cooler master brand? and what does CFM mean:D... i currently have a zebronics elegance cabinet fitted with 2 coolermaster blue 120mm led fans... is that enough for the 690.?

CFM is cubic feet per minute, ie. the fan will blow that much qty of air. The included fans are not bad, they are coolermaster only and silent but most of us prefer high cfm ones for better cooling. But if you don't overclock and have hot graphic cards etc, the stock fans will be more than sufficient.

soul_reaverrocks

Right off the assembly line
Well the new model has a good fan, updated BIOS so the heating problem is solved for good. And I will stand by comp@ddict.... atleast Google the product name once. You will get page full of info which speaks better than us.

thmx and ..sorry..dude!!already did dat buddy bt turns up d reviews from foreign counterparts:(..i required some feedback frm my bhai bandhus..dats y turnd up2 dis forum!!:rolleyes:
also pleaz lemme know the mobo u suggested :MSI P45 Neo-F ,,it supports crossfire??:confused:
I mite sound stupid bt how is ASUS P5N32,,wud it nt support sli..crossfire or pci-e 2.0??
LOLzz.. m i asking 2 much..frgive me if i am..!!:D

also can nebody refer some gud shops (reasonable prices/ and availability of parts) at New Delhi or Lucknow??
Thanx in advance!!

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
thmx and ..sorry..dude!!already did dat buddy bt turns up d reviews from foreign counterparts:(..i required some feedback frm my bhai bandhus..dats y turnd up2 dis forum!!:rolleyes:
also pleaz lemme know the mobo u suggested :MSI P45 Neo-F ,,it supports crossfire??:confused:
I mite sound stupid bt how is ASUS P5N32,,wud it nt support sli..crossfire or pci-e 2.0??
LOLzz.. m i asking 2 much..frgive me if i am..!!:D

Dude, its hard to get a mobo which supports CF in that price range. Your best bet would be to pick up a Palit P35A for 4.5k.

QuickSilver

Right off the assembly line
Guys like i said earlier i dont know much about upgrades...first time i bought a system i just picked it off the self from a hp store...
My budget is till 30k...just temme wat all to buy so that i can run good games..thanks for helping me and sorry abt my earlier noobgiri..

ganeshravi

Broken In
CFM is cubic feet per minute, ie. the fan will blow that much qty of air. The included fans are not bad, they are coolermaster only and silent but most of us prefer high cfm ones for better cooling. But if you don't overclock and have hot graphic cards etc, the stock fans will be more than sufficient.

can u give me some names of high CFM fans..?? and how much do they cost... and how do i find out that a fan is high CFM so tat shopkeeper doesnot fool me. i have 2 cooler master 120mm led fans... on the CM website its given around 40CFM are they high CFM...?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Guys like i said earlier i dont know much about upgrades...first time i bought a system i just picked it off the self from a hp store...
My budget is till 30k...just temme wat all to buy so that i can run good games..thanks for helping me and sorry abt my earlier noobgiri..

Do you want the whole PC (monitor, cpu, mobo, etc) or only mobo, RAM, proccy, HDD, gfx card, PSU and cabinet in that money ?

If its the first case then buy this :-

AMD X2 4200+
1x2GB Transcend DDR2 667MHz RAM
M2N MXSE
Palit HD4650
Seagate 250GB HDD
Zebronics Bijli cabinet w/out SMPS
CM EP460W PSU
Dell 198WFP 19" monitor
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers
Logitech Multimedia Desktop kbd/mouse combo
LG H55n DVD RW

AND if its the latter case, then go for this :-

Intel C2D E7300
ASUS P5K PLVM
2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar SE16 640GB HDD
Palit HD4850
CM Elite 330 cabinet
Corsair VX450W SMPS
Samsung SH-203B DVD RW

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
can u give me some names of high CFM fans..?? and how much do they cost... and how do i find out that a fan is high CFM so tat shopkeeper doesnot fool me. i have 2 cooler master 120mm led fans... on the CM website its given around 40CFM are they high CFM...?

There are very good ones like Scythe S Flex, Antec etc. but they are costly. You can try to get Coolermaster R4-C2R-20AC-GP which is 120mm, 2000rpm, 69.69cfm, 19dB Noise, Long life sleeve bearing and 50,000 hours life. I am using three of them. Brands like Glacialtech with high cfm are also available but are noisy. Both of these should be available for Rs.300/- or less.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Sparkle also sells this in the same price range. I got quote of Rs. 5800 for sparkle 9600GT 3 months ago.

@shyamno - buy asus board. XFX boards just sucks ( based on my personal experience )

Guys is it true that g31 chipset have some memory issue like
we cannot use dual sided rams ( ie ram which have chips on both sides )
& also some 2GB stick limitation.

Quote from P5KPL-CM Manual :

This motheboard doesn't supports double sided x16 memory modules.

From pdf manual page no. 15

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2566&stc=1&d=1229908402

Sparkle 5.8k, now that's a low price.

acewin

Point Blanc
E8400-But don't u think we mite require procs with 4 cores in future..shud i nt go fr Quad??(if so ..da reason??)
Mobo: can i also go fr smthing cheaper yet supportive in all features??(I no....i m asking fr 2 much..lolzzz)
do you know your own requirements properly with a motherboard. Listing a few to enlighten you
RAID
PCI Express 2.0
Crossfire/SLI
max RAM on a board
what load mobo can take, etc etc, but starting questions are always these.
Check MSI P45 series mobos like Neo2 and Neo3, that is upto 7.5K
Spending 8-10K on mobo buy Asus P5Q series or MSI Zilient/Platinum

also can u temme in wat terms ATI is better then Nvidia??
bro you had put two comments which are kinda strong. And solution for which comes is BIG GOOGLING, you cannot learn anything just by anyone telling you. Besides that its a comparative answer and price also comes in it.

The C2Ds are currently have best price/performance ratio, also they are more energy efficient than older P4s and C2Qs, you wanna run something for a minimum of 3-5 years do consider electricity bills.

Also if you are real that tech savy and work in areas like virtualization multi-core works and wanna spend more bucks then consider C2Qs, also get some good cooling.

If you are nVidia fan and have budget of 6-7K then 9600GT 8-9K 9800GT.
You cross this or consider price/performance more than fanboism then there is ATI HD4850 in around 9-10K

TheG33k

Broken In
Hi guys,
i have a old pc which is amd 3000+ 1gb ddr ram, via chipset board(166Mhz fsb) and a 6800xt (128MB DDR). I am consedering an upgrade by jan or feb 2009 as some of the new games no longer run on this.

I have 2 options
1. a friend recommends to go for a cheaper system i.e 30-40k max and not to go for the latest/greatest and purchase another pc after 1 year for 30-40k again

2.What i have in mind is to buy a core i7 with a good x58 chipset, 4870x2 and 3 gb ddr3 in triple channel config.

Please advise as I have a 22" screen and would like to play all the latest games at highest settings in either 1680*1050 or 1920*1080 resolution.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hi guys,
i have a old pc which is amd 3000+ 1gb ddr ram, via chipset board(166Mhz fsb) and a 6800xt (128MB DDR). I am consedering an upgrade by jan or feb 2009 as some of the new games no longer run on this.

I have 2 options
1. a friend recommends to go for a cheaper system i.e 30-40k max and not to go for the latest/greatest and purchase another pc after 1 year for 30-40k again

2.What i have in mind is to buy a core i7 with a good x58 chipset, 4870x2 and 3 gb ddr3 in triple channel config.

Please advise as I have a 22" screen and would like to play all the latest games at highest settings in either 1680*1050 or 1920*1080 resolution.

How about i7 920, Gigabyte X58 mobo, 1x3GB DDR3 RAM, GTX295 ?

Buy this in Feb and you will be set for 2-2.5yrs.

OR

Q9550, ASUS P5Q Pro, 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, Palit HD4870 1GB SONIC

Buy this if you chose the yearly upgrade thingy :).

spidy333

Broken In
hi guys... remember me... I asked for a pc config for 50k a few days back..

Now the budget is finalized.. i.e 50 +- 2k...
I have decided to go with c2d e8400 as i will mostly use it for gaming...

I am not sure about the mobo... should i get asus p5q or msi p45 neo-f..? which one will be better... Also suggest me a good lokking cabinet which is not transparent and a 19'' monitor in the price range 9-10k...

TheG33k

Broken In
can you also quote the price for those and suggest a good PSU and case to go with that. considering a antect 900 or p180

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hi guys... remember me... I asked for a pc config for 50k a few days back..

Now the budget is finalized.. i.e 50 +- 2k...
I have decided to go with c2d e8400 as i will mostly use it for gaming...

I am not sure about the mobo... should i get asus p5q or msi p45 neo-f..? which one will be better... Also suggest me a good lokking cabinet which is not transparent and a 19'' monitor in the price range 9-10k...

E8400
MSI P45 Neo-F
2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar SE16 640GB HDD
Palit HD4870 512MB
Zebronics Bijli cabinet
Corsair HX520W
Dell 198WFP 19" LCD
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers
Logitech Gaming G1 Desktop kbd/mouse
LG H55n DVD-RW

can you also quote the price for those and suggest a good PSU and case to go with that. considering a antect 900 or p180

Dunno about the i7 config but the prices for the other ones are :-

Q9550 :- 16.5k
ASUS P5Q Pro :- 9.9k
RAM :- 2.1k
Palit HD4870 1GB SONIC :- 18k
PSU for this config ... Tagan BZ600 for 6k and for the i7 rig, Corsair HX1000W for 14.8k

If you want to cut down on the second rig, you can get a Q9400 for 14.2k, BioStar TPower i45 for 7k and Palit HD4850 512MB SONIC for 11k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom