Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ shantanu...... do u think its not enough :O......................?

Its more than enough....
4 GB of RAM..... .......pheewwwwwwww

Pathik

Google Bot
man shantanu ur config simply rocks... you dont need anything more IMO..
and if u want more performance then wait for barcelona to release...
also ur hard disks are prolly a bottleneck in ur current system.. so get 2 of them and configure them in RAID 0 to get a performance boost..

Reena

Broken In
Which cpu is better c2d E6750, C2D E6850 or Quad core 6600? I need to use the pc for graphic animations music autocad...2 gb or 4gb ram wud be required? and which motherboard with particular processor.. thanks pls reply as soon as possible..

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah sure i am gonna post my system pics today,, in that thread...

and yep i got seagate 250Gb * 2 HDD .
and am planning for the raptor now..
well for Keyboard and mouse i got Microsoft Entertainment desktop 7000 with M$ laser mouse 8000 (both bluetooth) :D

and thanks buddies for your suggestions... i think i will now replace my HDD with raptors *2 :p

niladrisde

Dhishum
Hi,

I already purchased a system with the following configuration (31st July 2007).

ASUS M2A-VM - 3.8k + Tax
AMD X2 4000+ - 3.35k + Tax

I also have Kingston DDR2 800 RAM 1GB - 2.85k + Tax, and WD Sata2 HDD 250GB - 2.7k + Tax, with this system.

I am working on some CAD design projects, and it seems, this new system, though has good fire-power for everyday things, is little slow, for my CAD softwares.

Now I have to purchase another new system anyway. And I want get some advice on the combination of procy, and mobo I should go for, and their prices, for this new second system.

For the MoBo, and Procy, my previous price was 7.15k + Tax. I feel for more fire-power, I have to raise the bar. Please suggest best combinations of MoBo, and Procy, for each of the following budgets.

1. 10k (for MoBo + Procy only)
2. 12.5k (for MoBo + Procy only)
3. 15k (for MoBo + Procy only)

In the earlier system, I'll beef up the RAM to 2GB anyway, and the in the new system also I'll have 2GB RAM. Also, my CAD design softwares are not too demanding on graphics, and hence I would go for MoBo-s with on-board graphics only.

Please, please, please, help...

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hulk said:
Hi Guys,
Need Help. Thought of upgrading the system. Here thought some configuration.

1) Processor- AMD X2 Dual Core 4200
2) Mother Board- ASUS M2A-VM_HDMI
3) RAM-Transcend 1GB *2 DDR2 Ram @ 667Mhz
4) Graphics Card-XFX 8600 GT
5) Hard Disk-250 GB Seagate (7200RPM)

My Budget for these things are between 15k to 20K

Please let know your view on this.

And I want to retain My 15” CRt Monitor(Synmaster 45Bn), or do I have to change for the above configuration.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

Config is good enough... !!! :) if u can fit those under ur budget then thats the best u would get...

but tell me are u aware of the prices of the products u just mentioned ??

omdhar

Broken In
I have my system based on C2D E4300, ASUS P5B-MX/wifi, Kingston valueram 1 GB DDR2-667, 400 W Powersafe SMPS. I use integrated graphics memory of 256 MB. My mobo(Intel 946GZ chipset) supports Intel GMA 3000 which has Pixel Shader 2.0, Vertex Shader 3.0 (software) & Open GL 1.4 and no Hardware Transform & Lighting. Can anyone suggest me of some good race & action games for my pc.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
My friend is going to buy a PC for gaming as soon as we get time to go outside college. Maybe after 5 days. Budget is 35k. Here is a tentative config. Please give your suggestions..

Processor +mobo_: E4400 & xfx 650i ultra__________Rs 10800
RAM____________: 2*1gb ddr2 667mhz___________Rs 3200
DVD-Writer______: Lite-ON 20x__________________Rs 1600
HDD____________: Seagate 250GB_______________Rs 2800
Graphics card____: xfx 8600gt___________________Rs 7000
Cabinet &SMPS___: Zebronics RAGE with local psu___Rs 2350
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The whole box = Rs 27,750

UPS:_____APC 650VA_____Rs 2950
Monitor:__798MG s/s______Rs 5700
Keyboard:_MS____________Rs 300
Mouse:___MS comfort300__Rs900
Speakers__Altec ATP3_____Rs 3000
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Other Stuff = Rs 12,850

Total = Rs40,600

I want to reduce it to 35k. Please help me with the following
1) In out hostel we get only 1 minute power cuts 4 times a day. So should i get cheaper UPS. I am worried that lower VA UPS cant handle the load of graphics card running at full speed. Cold booting is not required. Will 500VA handle this config?
2) My friend got samsung 794mg monitor and it had curved top screen edge and the text in the middle of the screen were blurry at 85Hz 1024*768. Does 798MG solve these problem or should go for viewsonic 17" CRT.
3) Should my friend get AMD system instead of intel to reduce the cost. lowest available AMD x2 in hyd is x2 4000+. Please suggest a fast mobo without onboard graphics with it.
4) Is there a better dvd-writer under Rs1800?

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@adithyagenius
o need for APC UPS, go for Vguard 600VA UPS. Its only 1900/-
Samsung 798MB Plus is a good monitor. Set the v nd h moire to around 30 and its clearer than nything in its range.
ATP3 costs onle 2.4k
AMD 4000+ is for 3k, 4400+ is for 3.5k and get a RS690G based mobo like Asus M2A VM for 3.3k or MSI for 2.5k. They perform more or less close to the top nforce 570 Ultra . Its only downside its micro ATX mobo.

i wud say get
AMD 5600+ and MSI 690 AM2 for 9.5k.
At stock speed, it cud easily beat E4400 and it cud even beat stock E6550.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^
I checked 798mb plus and its very good. But the processor...
according to anandtech 5600+ has difficulty beating e6420 at stock speeds and core2duos are meant to be run o/ced.
*www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=3012

If I o/c the processor , will the RAM be affected or adjusted?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
omdhar said:
Can anyone suggest me of some good race & action games for my pc.

Sorry, frnd this is not the thread where u should ask this question,

please refer here..

Will this game run on this configuration?

@adithyagenius

Few personal Suggestions...

LG CRT 700E is Rs. 4150/- + TAX Kolkata... its semi Flat but works great !!! :)
APC Price seems high... its around 2500/- + TAX (More or less)
Microsoft Desktop Pro 700 Combo is Rs. 700/- + TAX
You are getting very cheap deal under RAM !!!

More or less system specs are good, and I would also Suggest if possible do take a look at E2140 (Intel Dual Core) its Rs. 2450/- + TAX :D

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@adithyagenius
E6420 is more powerful than E6400 coz of its 4MB L2. Thats gives u more performance in tasks like video encoding, winrar compression etc, but in games more or less da same.

get this month's chip. There is a detailed comparison on CPU, mobile CPU, GPU etc. Really nice.
The 5600+ has more vfm than 6400 nd 6420. Also gud performing AMD mobo is for as low as 2.5k and performs no less than nforce 570SLI.
U can save much money and invest it for GPU. Make it an 8600GTS.
Its worth going for 8600GTS than getting a slightly better CPU when gaming is concerned.

Also if u plan to oc, get quality RAM as the memory frequency also gets increased when u overclock the CPU.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I think upgrading to 8600gts will prove to be too costly because it needs a 6pin connector which means I will have to buy Zebronics 400W platinum which is 2.4k. Add to this the cost of the graphics card.
I am now quite convinced about the 5600+ since I saw the chip review in the college library. I will do some research on the mobo.
My friend has got 40k but its meant for buying a computer and also a mobile phone. Thats the reason we are trying to keep the budget below 35k.

@choto cheeta
Does the mouse included in ms combo good enough? I had serious skipping issues with cheap mice.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
adithyagenius said:
@choto cheeta
Does the mouse included in ms combo good enough? I had serious skipping issues with cheap mice.

umm.. Personally i didnt face any issue till today... I am using few... :|

I will do some research on the mobo.

as u are buying a Card too, then I would say M2A-VM for Rs. 3.6k + TAX would a good deal !!!

Pathik

Google Bot
If u plan to oc than u hav to get a c2d.. Or keep the other config same and get a e2140 instead of a e6750.. It s abt 3k.. Get a 650i ultra +a 8600gt wit it..

Also get 800mhz ram if u plan to oc high.. U shd get 2*1gb 4 4.4k..

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Choto Cheeta said:
umm.. Personally i didnt face any issue till today... I am using few... :|

as u are buying a Card too, then I would say M2A-VM for Rs. 3.6k + TAX would a good deal !!!
Did you use the mouse at high sensitivity and tried placing very quick headshots without your view rotating at 2000rpm. I have seen few cheap mouse which don't skip or lag. So whats the dpi on the mouse?

M2A-VM is in short supply in hyd and it costs Rs 3900+ here. The onboard graphics card is waste of money when there is already a card.

My friend is scared to O.C because he fears loss of warranty on procy, ram and mobo. Is this true? Hyderabad temperatures reach 44 degrees in summer and the room temperature is 32 degress right now. All o/c in reviews were done in cooler countries under a/c. No kind of fan or heatpipe will reduce the temperation below room temperature. Hardwares always reach a temperature X+room temperature when the heat production = heat dissipation. X can only be reduced by water cooling which is too costly.
Without OC E2140 will be a very significant bottleneck for 8600gt. Even with x2 3800+ fps drop is significant. For 8600gt, Amd 4000+ is minimum to utilise it fully. I dont know about intel's procy but I think e2140 will be a bottleneck.
Please comment on this

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Y doesnt ur friend want to oc.. If u do it right it wont harm ur mobo/ram.. And 2140 can reach 2.4 easily on stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom