Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
raj best card for you is 9600GT, do not go for 8800GT,
Your motherboard is for sure compatible.
Where do you live.
There are also options of getting these shipped. So just do not think of XFX.
Getting a palit/xpervision 9600GT sonice edition would cost you less than 8K shipped.
Normal Palit 9600GT comes in 6.5K

Besides just for our knowledge where do you live.
What are the prices of 9600GT and 9800GT cards available there.
If only XFX is available you have lesser options and lesser worries :D
Besides that check the prices of HD4670 and HD4830 there and which companies.
6-8K very good budget so spend it wisely, and not just get curtailed by your local suppliers. There are few good online stores.

Thanks for replying . . .
i can shell out 50ks . . . ( including cabby and SMPS)thats the max. . .

so . . considering i7 and X58 mobo . . they wont come in that price for sure . . and most importantly . . i need to get this system in another 15 to 20 days . . .

so . . can u suggest me . . which one to go for . . E8400 or the Q9450....???

you did not mentioned need of your system.
50K is good budget.
If you are in such a hurry, shell out very less on proccy + mobo you can get them as cheap as 5K.
Spend on otehr components properly, save as much you can so that pick the i7 core system in next 6 months or less. Currently the prices have gone up due to downtime, when they will get stablized and i7 become more available it would be a good go.
Otherwise go for the C2D E8400 or quad C2Q Q9400 (there are two separate C2Q Q9400 and Q9450 keep that in mind)

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I have intel DG33FB motherboard and xfx 8400gs. Now I want to upgrade my graphics card. my budget is only 6000 to 8000 not anymore. Suggest me a good XFX graphics card. How about 9600gt or 8800gt ??? is my motherboard compatible ?? (only XFX is available in my village)

were do u live???

raj_v1982

Broken In
raj best card for you is 9600GT, do not go for 8800GT,
Your motherboard is for sure compatible.
Where do you live.
There are also options of getting these shipped. So just do not think of XFX.
Getting a palit/xpervision 9600GT sonice edition would cost you less than 8K shipped.
Normal Palit 9600GT comes in 6.5K

Besides just for our knowledge where do you live.
What are the prices of 9600GT and 9800GT cards available there.
If only XFX is available you have lesser options and lesser worries :D
Besides that check the prices of HD4670 and HD4830 there and which companies.
6-8K very good budget so spend it wisely, and not just get curtailed by your local suppliers. There are few good online stores.

were do u live???

I am from tamilnadu near madurai :D

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I have intel DG33FB motherboard and xfx 8400gs. Now I want to upgrade my graphics card. my budget is only 6000 to 8000 not anymore. Suggest me a good XFX graphics card. How about 9600gt or 8800gt ??? is my motherboard compatible ?? (only XFX is available in my village)

Before confirming, I wud like to ask ur SMPS/PSU.
Please tell me toe ???W with brand, as that depends a lot too.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
update: after lot of vendor switching here is what I got.

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz :( ( my vendor didnt give me a 45nm one :( )
Motherboard: Intel DG45ID
Montior: Dell E178WFP 17" Widescreen
Transcend 2 x 1GB DDR2 @800Mhz
Segate 250GB SATA HDD
Logitech Internet 350 KB+Mouse
Sony DVD writer

Total with tax came upto 37K . no breakup price of components was provided :( ..
neway the bill goes to my company and the computer to me :p

After a long time with my single core P4 system with limited RAM at home , I finally tastes what C2Q felt like :D , its awesome,Installation of SP3, unzipping of huge files was never so quick ... I wonder how i7 will perform :eek:.. I still have to install a Legal copy of XP on that. hope fully I will get the legal copy by tmro :)

mannrak2003

win2k intrnls xpert
My friend at Dell discouraged me from buying a laptop for 3ds max work.He suggested a rough configuration like this(He assembled it 1 year ago from Singapore.He said it came under 40,000) :

AMD 4800 X2
ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe
7600GT(or GTX)(512 MB) graphics card(is a 512 MB version available ?)
6 GB DDR2 RAM
500 GB Wetern DIgital 7200 rpm hard disk
24'' Dell monitor[He bought it under EPP so greatly reduced prices for him.Which one is good i am satisfied with a maximum resolution of 1440*900).So could go for Viewsonic or Benq(with DVI input)]
Antec 450W power supply (Rs 3,500/-)
Antec Executive Cabinet(Rs 2,000 /-)
APC 650 VA
Please tell me the approximate price for such a configuration inside Kerala.Digitians from Kerala are welcome for suggestions.But please make it fast

Is there a single shop in Kerala where I can get all these stuff?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
STOP hijacking, crate ur own thread^

And yes, saran, u cud bargain, but it's good

The purpose of this thread is for suggestions for purchase of a system within a budget range and for a particular purpose. He has mentioned his budget (40,000)and purpose(3ds max work). So what is wrong in it and why should he create another thread?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
The purpose of this thread is for suggestions for purchase of a system within a budget range and for a particular purpose. He has mentioned his budget (40,000)and purpose(3ds max work). So what is wrong in it and why should he create another thread?

I am sooo sorry, I mistook the thread, too many tabs, MY MISTAKE again SORRY

satyamy

Alive Again...
guys who dont want to read full detail can read only next 2 lines
Need a Processor, Motherboard, LCD (19 or 22)
Budget is Rs. 18 or 19maximum, Please Help

now the detail......
Whenever someone ask for LCD i suggest go for 22" instead of 19"
it is cheap, wide blahh...... blahh............ blahh......................

but now its my turn

Please suggest me what should I go for
I am in need of 19" LCD bcoz it looks good and fair enough big in size
But like me all other are suggesting me to go for 22", if I go for 22" the budget get problem

Budget is tight 28-29K

The Component already selected are
HDD - Rs. 3000, RAM - Rs. 1800, Cabinet - Rs. 1500, DVD - Rs 1100, Floppy Disk - Rs. 250, Keyboard-Mouse - Rs. 650, Speaker - Rs. 1150
Total = some 10K

Remaining Processor, Mobo & LCD Monitor ????
Which is the Best i can get from the remaining Amount ??? Please Help with your suggestions

As I think I should go for 19" LCD @ Rs. 9K and can get a good Proc like E7200 + MOBO for 10K

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
guys who dont want to read full detail can read only next 2 lines
Need a Processor, Motherboard, LCD (19 or 22)
Budget is Rs. 18 or 19maximum, Please Help

now the detail......
Whenever someone ask for LCD i suggest go for 22" instead of 19"
it is cheap, wide blahh...... blahh............ blahh......................

but now its my turn

Please suggest me what should I go for
I am in need of 19" LCD bcoz it looks good and fair enough big in size
But like me all other are suggesting me to go for 22", if I go for 22" the budget get problem

Budget is tight 28-29K

The Component already selected are
HDD - Rs. 3000, RAM - Rs. 1800, Cabinet - Rs. 1500, DVD - Rs 1100, Floppy Disk - Rs. 250, Keyboard-Mouse - Rs. 650, Speaker - Rs. 1150
Total = some 10K

Remaining Processor, Mobo & LCD Monitor ????
Which is the Best i can get from the remaining Amount ??? Please Help with your suggestions

As I think I should go for 19" LCD @ Rs. 9K and can get a good Proc like E7200 + MOBO for 10K

Go for Dell 198WFP 19" LCD for around 9.2k. Its one of the best LCDs ATM.

For CPU/Mobo... you can buy E7200 plus ASUS P5K VM with IGP.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Thanks for the suggestion, I will go for Dell 19"
dont know why but I roamed a Lot of Shops in Lamington Road, Mumbai most of the dealers says View Sonics is the best and also VS has many service center

also they says "chahiye toh Dell le loo but Dell's support & service center is not available in mumbai"

is this true ?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the suggestion, I will go for Dell 19"
dont know why but I roamed a Lot of Shops in Lamington Road, Mumbai most of the dealers says View Sonics is the best and also VS has many service center

also they says "chahiye toh Dell le loo but Dell's support & service center is not available in mumbai"

is this true ?

The only service center of VS in Kerala is at Cochin. On both the earlier RMAs, they didn't get the necessary spares from VS and after delay of weeks VS sent me replacement. This time also I am waiting. (for godot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom