Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yes^^

I mean 9800TX @ 20k, can't even beat the 8800GTX honest, leave alone the 8800ULTRA.

The 9800GTX+ @ 12k manages to perform almost par-to-par with the ULTRA, what a shame on nVidia really, the 9-series.

Dude 8800GTX was the first to bring DX10 & it was considered as high end card & still is but nvidia has to bring something for mid high range cards & already was planing to launch GTX 280 & 260 so there must be something to fill the gap of mid-high end gaming position so they launched 9800GTX & at the same time they have to beat 4850 so they launched 9800GTX+
I don't think Nvidia has done something wrong but ATI came with a blast so they sounds lame.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^It was not meant to you, it was to poster above you :).

And ya, 667MHz and 800MHz will hardly make a difference in a normal PC. :| Hope you understand otherwise its your friend's money :D. BTW, you can OC it for him too.

667MHz and 800MHz makes a difference of as much as 10frames per second in some cases, and tight latency timings make the difference even gr8er.

And in an AMD rig, it matters EVEN more, i dunno y the difference is not THAT gr8 in an INTEL rig.

Dude 8800GTX was the first to bring DX10 & it was considered as high end card & still is but nvidia has to bring something for mid high range cards & already was planing to launch GTX 280 & 260 so there must be something to fill the gap of mid-high end gaming position so they launched 9800GTX & at the same time they have to beat 4850 so they launched 9800GTX+
I don't think Nvidia has done something wrong but ATI came with a blast so they sounds lame.

YEah lame is the word.

But all nVidia did with their FLAGSHIP 9800GX2 @ Rs. 35,000 was loot people, and a few months later(just 2-3 I guess), release GTX260 which performs much better @ Rs. 28,000 and GTX280 @ Rs. 44,000.

Pura loot liye logoon ko. Aab dekh, GTX280 is for 300$ only, which roughly converts to 22k in India, although shopkeepers still sell it for 27-28k.

Last edited:

redmanc

Broken In
I can't get a Kingston 2GB 800 Mhz ram here, only Trancend is available here

So, would I be wise a go to lamington road to get a Kingston ram?

OR,is the trancend equally good as the kingston ?

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
I can't get a Kingston 2GB ram here, only Trancend is available here

So, would I be wise a go to lamington road to get a Kingston ram?

OR,is the trancend equally good as the kingston ?

TRANSCEND is better than KINGSTON ,,, CROSAIR is better than transcend

OCZ=CROSAIR ........

janitha

Wise Old Owl
TRANSCEND is better than KINGSTON ,,, CROSAIR is better than transcend

OCZ=CROSAIR ........

You cant generalize like that. Even the better brands have ones with same speed but different specifications and thus diff prices. For eg., Value, Performance etc. series.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
You cant generalize like that. Even the better brands have ones with same speed but different specifications and thus diff prices. For eg., Value, Performance etc. series.

ya can tell u, because i have used that 3 types of Brand except the OCZ ,, i can tell u OCZ is one of the best brands Avail in RAM

But OCZ & CORSAIR are expensive compared to transcend and kingston

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^I think he needs value RAM and not enthusiast level RAMs. Corsairs value series is more or same as Transcend and Kingston.

redmanc

Broken In
Yup, I need a value Ram.
So, maybe I'll have to go for the Transcend, can't be arsed to go all the way to lamington.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ya can tell u, because i have used that 3 types of Brand except the OCZ ,, i can tell u OCZ is one of the best brands Avail in RAM

But OCZ & CORSAIR are expensive compared to transcend and kingston

Then try and compare Transcend AxeRam with CorsairValueRam!

tkin

Back to school!!
Yup but it is still a small scale company. That's why I dont trust them much.
Every company starts out small(even microsoft), I've used Zion for 3 years in my earlier PC and I'm quite satisfied with them, atleast they give better latencies @ same price as the competitors.

@ 1.7k I got Kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM @ 6-6-6-18
Zion @ same price provides the same @ 5-5-5-12.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ had the same thought when I bought Mercury UPS and am still rueing that decision.

These are small scale companies that never want to make it big

and don't compare MS with them. There was lot of fire in Bill Gates and you can't say tht it was small scale industry. Took total control of computing platform in 10 years. Another example: Google, amazon, ebay, hotmail, Apple, Yahoo, Dell, Samsung. These started small but dreamed big. We prefer such brands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom