Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
A board's performance can be judged by overclocking itself.This board overclocks more than 780i , u cant expect more :)
And since both 780i and 750 support 1333mhz FSB proccy support is the same.

That 5% decrease is UPTO 5% and does not happen with every game.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
nah , the 5% decrease is not due to 8x . .but the newer chipset that supports pcie 2.0 ( x38 ) performs better than the chipset offering pcie1.1 ( x8+x8) . . so performance increase is not majorly due to pcie 2.0 but the chipset itself.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
ok so what is the price for P7N SLI... and what abt the card guys... u never suggested... 2 8800GT or 1 8800GTS both 512 MB...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
P7N Sli=9700-9800 rupees

Don't buy XXX edition of 8800GT.Rest is fine.
I think 8800GTS would do the job for now , u can later add another one.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
so u mean i should for for one 512MB 8800GTS XXX edition... which is factory overclocked i suppose and not 2X 512MB 8800GT

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yes that card is factory overclocked

MSI 8800 GTS OC for 18000

2 of these cards would create a beast , since a single card gives performance same as 8800GTX Stock

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
8800GT seems to have some heating issues. .the 8800GTS has a very good cooler. . so a 8800GTS will be better . if u're going for SLI , think of 9600GT SLI , it scales very well albeit it wont beat a 8800GTS SLI .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
and xfx seems to be making rather HOT cards these days. . xfx 8600 was too hot. now i'm hearing overheating problems with alpha dog edition of 8800GT. . whats up with xfx these days ?

sagardani

Lost in LOST
@ajayashish:

Why don't you consider nvidia quadro ? Geforce series is made for gamers and quadro is specially aimed at graphic designers and animators. FX series provides separate rendering accelerator for each view-port of 3ds max and Maya. Don't know how much they cost, are they SLI compliant or not but I think you should just look at them and then take final decision.

Please someone shed light on nvidia FX series (quadro) cards....

go4saket

Ok guys! I am about to finalize a new system and need to know if the rates are fine... The config is as follows...

Motherboard : Asus 650i
Processor : C2D E4300
RAM : Kingston 2GB 800 Mhz.
HDD : Seygate 160 GB Sata2
Liteon DVD-RW with Lightscribe
Logitech Wireless keyboard mouse combo
Gaming Cabinet
Wi Fi card
Bluetooth Dongle
Samsung 19" Widescreen TFT

Now tell me guys, what should be the final price if this config...

Its urgent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom