Badass Gaming PC for 80K

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Gaming,some more gaming and then some more Gaming :twisted: Skyrim(2K texture Pack Mod and various other mods), Crysis(again with HD texture pack),CODs,FIFAs and all the Games for the next 2 year at least.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
Maximum 80K, +-5K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans
:Not instantly. Maybe after a year if I feel it is not up to the competition.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit,Windows 8 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
Have a1TB HDD,only need a SSD for performance.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans
:Yes want a monitor. Minimum 22 inch and more if budget allows.Full HD obviously. :-D

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans
:Will be using my Seagate 1 TB hard disk a few months old,except that need EVERYTHING.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
Will start purchasing components as soon as I finalize the configuration.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
I've not assembled a whole desktop before as my last desktop was assembled by my big bro around 6 years ago. But since then I've played around with my old desktop a lot and have a fair idea about what to do. So I'll do it myself. If you think it is not a right decision please tell me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
I'm currently in Rewa (Madhya Pradesh) and it is a small city so I do not hope to find many components here.I'll check the local market once but will probably buy everything online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
There are a few specific requirements. As mentioned in the title I want the PC to look badass.:-D So I'll probably want a nice looking cabinet.Also,I want a monitor with a narrow bezel. Also suggest a good Speaker System. The system needs to have Wi-Fi adapter as my broadband is connected to my download rig and this rig will be connected to internet through Wi-Fi.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
ComponentProductPrice (rs)
ProcessorIntel i5 2500k13000
MotherboardAsus P8Z77-M Pro12932
Ram2x4gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz cl92548
Graphics CardMsi HD7850 Power Edition OC16600
Hard Drive1tb Western Digital Cavair Blue5406
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24B5ST1114
PC CaseCorsair Carbide 400R4576
Power Supply UnitCorsair GS6004576
MonitorAOC I2251FW 21.5" Full HD LED8239
MouseLogitech G4001885
KeyboardMicrosoft Sidewinder X42412
Heatsink
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo2101
TOTAL

Prices taken from diff sites..street prices should be similar...
Source: OCfreak's Gaming PC Buying GUIDE

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Very nice configuration. Exactly what I had in mind> A few things,please also suggest a 24" monitor and a speaker. Isn't Sidewinder X4 unavailable now? Thaks mate. :)

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^overkill FTW :p
Monitor
AOC e2352 Phz 23" LED 3D14490Link
u really should check out the link given :p

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
^^overkill FTW :p
Monitor
AOC e2352 Phz 23" LED 3D14490Link
u really should check out the link given :p

True:-D Checking out the link. Meanwhile,how about some non 3d monitors. I totally hate the present state of 3d technology.

I would like to know one thing. Being AMD chipset based card,7850 does not have support for PhysX and CUDA technologies of NVIDIA? Do they make big impact? Is it a serious drawback?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think there are games which use CUDA GP-GPU technology to improve game Graphics. PhysX might be useful but there are only very few games which use it and fewer can show dramatic display quality improvement by implementing it. Actually both of these technologies are reaching their EOL due to the rise of open architecture based languages like OpenCL. In future it is going to be used to improve game quality by performing the computation of Dynamic Lighting, FOD etc in GPU.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
^^nope....physx and cuda as of now dont make a big dent unless u are a fanboy :p
try dell u2311...

Nope,no fan boyism for me. Have read about those technologies in many ads that's why asked. Yup,have seen the Dell U2311H at recommended at many forums and websites it looks really good but the low response time can result in ghosting while gaming.

I don't think there are games which use CUDA GP-GPU technology to improve game Graphics. PhysX might be useful but there are only very few games which use it and fewer can show dramatic display quality improvement by implementing it. Actually both of these technologies are reaching their EOL due to the rise of open architecture based languages like OpenCL. In future it is going to be used to improve game quality by performing the computation of Dynamic Lighting, FOD etc in GPU.
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

iSachin

Right off the assembly line
ComponentProductPrice (rs)
ProcessorIntel i5 2500k13000
MotherboardAsus P8Z77-M Pro12932
Ram2x4gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz cl92548
Graphics CardMsi HD7850 Power Edition OC16600
Hard Drive1tb Western Digital Cavair Blue5406
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24B5ST1114
PC CaseCorsair Carbide 400R4576
Power Supply UnitCorsair GS6004576
MonitorAOC I2251FW 21.5" Full HD LED8239
MouseLogitech G4001885
KeyboardMicrosoft Sidewinder X42412
Heatsink
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo2101
TOTAL

Prices taken from diff sites..street prices should be similar...
Source: OCfreak's Gaming PC Buying GUIDE

Why 7850 ??.. he can easily get a gtx 660 ti or 7870

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
@sumonpathak Bro,in the config you have given I don't need the 1TB HDD. Suggest 60-80 GB SSD isntead. Benq 24 inch LED - GL2450 Monitor: Flipkart.com And how about this monitor?

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

Darth Vader

In the zone
Nope,no fan boyism for me. Have read about those technologies in many ads that's why asked. Yup,have seen the Dell U2311H at recommended at many forums and websites it looks really good but the low response time can result in ghosting while gaming.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Check out Dell U2312HM which is a e-IPS panel LED Monitor and w.r.t ghosting......i haven't experienced any.
Dell U2312HM Review
It cost around 15k or less.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
@sumonpathak - Why go for i5-2500k ? It wont give us PCIE 3.0 support, right ? All 7xxx series from AMD and 6xx series from NV are PCIE 3.0 cards. So until we have a Ivy Bridge processor, we wont be able to exploit PCIE 3.0 bus.
Agreed that 3570K does not give more than 5% increase in performance so 2500K owners should not think about upgrading to 3570k but for building new rigs 3570K is recommended as cost difference is only 2K. So IMO lovedonator should go for i5-3570K for pairing with Z77 mobo.

AOC 2353PHz is available for 13K in local markets now. Using it for last 4 months now... no issues encountered as of now. 3D functionality is provided by Tridef software which functions better with AMD cards.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Check out Dell U2312HM which is a e-IPS panel LED Monitor and w.r.t ghosting......i haven't experienced any.
Dell U2312HM Review
It cost around 15k or less.

Saw it,was 17K on flipkart so din't give much thought.

@sumonpathak - Why go for i5-2500k ? It wont give us PCIE 3.0 support, right ? All 7xxx series from AMD and 6xx series from NV are PCIE 3.0 cards. So until we have a Ivy Bridge processor, we wont be able to exploit PCIE 3.0 bus.
Agreed that 3570K does not give more than 5% increase in performance so 2500K owners should not think about upgrading to 3570k but for building new rigs 3570K is recommended as cost difference is only 2K. So IMO lovedonator should go for i5-3570K for pairing with Z77 mobo.

AOC 2353PHz is available for 13K in local markets now. Using it for last 4 months now... no issues encountered as of now. 3D functionality is provided by Tridef software which functions better with AMD cards.
Valid point about the processor. The AOC 2353PHz is not available locally for me.Any online link?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@lovedonator

Intel i5 2500k - 12.5k
Asus P8Z77 V - 15.5k
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB X 2 DDR3 - 3K
Corsair carbide 400r - 4.5k
Asus DRW-24B5ST - 1.1k
Corsair GS600 - 4.6k or Seasonic S12ii 520w - 4k
Logitech MK200 - 0.7k
OCZ Vertex4 128GB - 8k or Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD - 8.2k
MSI R7950-2PMD3GD5/OC -24k
BENQ G2420 - 10k
CM Hyper212evo - 2.1k
Total~86k

Asus P8Z77 V has a wifi chip on it.
No point of PCIe3.0 here as PCIe2.0 does not bottleneck hd7950 in gaming.

Last edited:
OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
@lovedonator

Intel i5 2500k - 12.5k
Asus P8Z77 V - 15.5k
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB X 2 DDR3 - 3K
Corsair carbide 400r - 4.5k
Asus DRW-24B5ST - 1.1k
Corsair GS600 - 4.6k or Seasonic S12ii 520w - 4k
Logitech MK200 - 0.7k
OCZ Vertex4 128GB - 8k or Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD - 8.2k
MSI R7950-2PMD3GD5/OC -24k
BENQ G2420 - 10k
CM Hyper212evo - 2.1k
Total~86k

Asus P8Z77 has a wifi chip on it.
No point of PCIe3.0 here as PCIe2.0 does not bottleneck hd7950 in gaming.

Thanks. Although I'm not going to use Logitech MK200 with my gaming PC. The Graphic Card is too expensive as of now. No speaker is included so after buying Speaker and good Gaming Keyboard and mouse I'll overshoot the budget.
I'm aware that all the present Graphic card don't even utilize the full potential of even PCIe 2.0 let alone 3.0/ But all the modern SSDs do and that makes a difference.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
he better invest the 2K on good cooling because

1. PCI 3.0 brings no noticeable gain in FPS
Example:

• [*=1]*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-69.jpg
    [*=1]*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-68.jpg
    [*=1]*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/24.html
    [*=1]*vr-zone.com/articles/does-pcie-3.0-matter-for-today-s-gpus-we-test-with-the-radeon-hd-7970/14306.html

2.IVY is a pain to OC on air(trust me you will know about t gradually :p)

its better if he buys a kickass cooler like HOC 40 or D14

and unless you are using top of the line pci SSd you wont see a difference...and those ssd's cost an arma and leg and probably you firstborn :p

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. Although I'm not going to use Logitech MK200 with my gaming PC. The Graphic Card is too expensive as of now. No speaker is included so after buying Speaker and good Gaming Keyboard and mouse I'll overshoot the budget.
I'm aware that all the present Graphic card don't even utilize the full potential of even PCIe 2.0 let alone 3.0/ But all the modern SSDs do and that makes a difference.

Many currently available SSDs are bottlenecked by sataII but are fine with sataIII.And all the H67/H77/Z77/Z68/P67/B75 etc. have sataIII except h61 and older boards.
PCIe has nothing to do with this unless you use PCI-e SSD.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
he better invest the 2K on good cooling because

1. PCI 3.0 brings no noticeable gain in FPS
Example:

• [*=1]*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-69.jpg
    [*=1]*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-68.jpg
    [*=1]*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/24.html
    [*=1]*vr-zone.com/articles/does-pcie-3.0-matter-for-today-s-gpus-we-test-with-the-radeon-hd-7970/14306.html

2.IVY is a pain to OC on air(trust me you will know about t gradually :p)

its better if he buys a kickass cooler like HOC 40 or D14

and unless you are using top of the line pci SSd you wont see a difference...and those ssd's cost an arma and leg and probably you firstborn :p

Many currently available SSDs are bottlenecked by sataII but are fine with sataIII.And all the H67/H77/Z77/Z68/P67/B75 etc. have sataIII except h61 and older boards.
PCIe has nothing to do with this unless you use PCI-e SSD.

So confused about the processors. Aarrggghhhhhh:| Mind saying 2500K and heart saying 3570k(just because it's the latest technology :-D ) Tell me what if I decide not to overclock my PC? Then should I go for the 3570k? Is 3570k in no way better than 2500k except for integrated graphics?

Top Bottom