Badass Gaming PC for 80K

vkl

Cyborg Agent
The point here is better gaming performance.When moving from i5 2500k to i5 3570k one won't get better gaming performance as one would get from moving from hd7870 to hd7950.

@ takemein
Check the link in my post.It was 24k at the time I posted.

Last edited:

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Would have receommended this -
Asus AMD HD7950-DC2 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

But the price should be at least 2k less. I got it from Flipkart only for 25560. The price they are quoting right now is for TOP edition. All the 7950 on flipkart, primeabgb & theitdepot are above 27k now.

Update -

Pick any cooler... DirectCUII, TwinForzr, IceQ... all are badass.

Ops I missed the link from vkl. Go for it... eyes closed.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Would have receommended this -
Asus AMD HD7950-DC2 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

But the price should be at least 2k less. I got it from Flipkart only for 25560. The price they are quoting right now is for TOP edition. All the 7950 on flipkart, primeabgb & theitdepot are above 27k now.

Update -

Pick any cooler... DirectCUII, TwinForzr, IceQ... all are badass.

Ops I missed the link from vkl. Go for it... eyes closed.
The link by vkl has a MSI 7950 with stock cooler(single fan)

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ True. Thats what I am thinking about... but not sure how this stock cooler will perform. Its fan is positioned damn in the middle and not at the back which usually helps cooling with stock coolers by throwing hot air out of the cabinet.
Call SMC and get the current price from them. If its beyond 26k then go for 7870 or wait for some time and hope for some price drop.

@takemein - thx. Will be trying to push core colock beyong 1100MHz tommorrow morning by upping the voltage to 1.2... lets see how the beast responds to it.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ True. Thats what I am thinking about... but not sure how this stock cooler will perform. Its fan is positioned damn in the middle and not at the back which usually helps cooling with stock coolers by throwing hot air out of the cabinet.
Call SMC and get the current price from them. If its beyond 26k then go for 7870 or wait for some time and hope for some price drop.

@takemein - thx. Will be trying to push core colock beyong 1100MHz tommorrow morning by upping the voltage to 1.2... lets see how the beast responds to it.

I've seen some tests,the stock cooler goes to around 80-85 Celsius on load and that too when they had a room temperature of 22 degree Celsius. God knows what will happen in Indian Summer. No way I'm going for that. Going to order rest of the components and wait for a few days to decide on Graphics Card.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Even with stock cooler that would overclock past 1000MHz.At such a low price point one won't get custom cooler version cards unless price drops take effect.
80-85 degree Celsius at load is normal.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Even with stock cooler that would overclock past 1000MHz.At such a low price point one won't get custom cooler version cards unless price drops take effect.
80-85 degree Celsius at load is normal.

80-85 degree Celsius on a room temperature of 22 degree. I don't have AC in my room and think what will happen in summer when the temperature is more than 45 degrees here. I know at that price point I won't get a custom cooled card. Let me think about it.

Darth Vader

In the zone
80-85 degree Celsius on a room temperature of 22 degree. I don't have AC in my room and think what will happen in summer when the temperature is more than 45 degrees here. I know at that price point I won't get a custom cooled card. Let me think about it.

HIS 7950 Fan (Reference) - Roundup 6x Radeon HD 7950 2012 - Tom's Hardware - YouTube
HD7950 reference design acoustic performance LOL :D

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
HIS 7950 Fan (Reference) - Roundup 6x Radeon HD 7950 2012 - Tom's Hardware - YouTube
HD7950 reference design acoustic performance LOL :D

SOB! I am not getting that reference model for sure.

None of the custom cooled 7950s are available anywhere(for the right price) and the price difference of 10k between the 7870 and 7850 is not justifiable for me. I think I'll go with the MSI 7850 Power Edition(for 16K only:-D) and overclock the s**t out of it and then add one more 7850 in future to my rig.

Aesir

Broken In
OP please read my post on the last page at the bottom. From what I read, a 670 GTX Amp edition can fit in your budget and there's nothing like it. 60+ fps in all present games @ 1080

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
OP please read my post on the last page at the bottom. From what I read, a 670 GTX Amp edition can fit in your budget and there's nothing like it. 60+ fps in all present games @ 1080

It's 33k. I would have to compromise on a lot of other stuff. I know it's super awesome but too expensive.

havoknation

Journeyman
Hold on for a while.. Prices of 7 series will go down.. and FYI.. Dell U2312 prices has increased a lot.. Best VFM TFT is Benq G2420HD @ 10.4k

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Hold on for a while.. Prices of 7 series will go down.. and FYI.. Dell U2312 prices has increased a lot.. Best VFM TFT is Benq G2420HD @ 10.4k

How long I have to wait for the price cut? My hands are itching for shooting some terrorists and my ears are desperate to hear Fus Ro Dah :-D

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
We are not at all sure about the time period when price cuts will get implemented in India. Infact you can contribute to gamer community in India by buying 7950 or 7970 at the current prices. That way stocks with dealers will get reduced and then they will give a thought to reducing prices. :cool:

Go for 7850 as of now... Pair it with another in future :)

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
We are not at all sure about the time period when price cuts will get implemented in India. Infact you can contribute to gamer community in India by buying 7950 or 7970 at the current prices. That way stocks with dealers will get reduced and then they will give a thought to reducing prices. :cool:

I would love to contribute but my budget does not allow that :p
Yeah,I will stick with 7850 I think.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys was thinking to order ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com instead of the P8Z77-M Pro. Better for overclocking and much better sound chipset from the reviews I've read. What say?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
you are from MP right why cant you come to Hyderabad,AP and buy because here at Arun Computers,CTC,Secunderabad you can buy the following config at the best possible prices along with PCI WIFI Card for 700 INR.

CPU- Intel Core i5 3570k- 15200
MB- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4- 9500
GPU- Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5- 15500
HDD- WD Black 1TB SATA3- 6800
CASE- Corsair 400R- 4000
PSU- Corsair GS600 PSU- 4000
DVD-RW- Asus 24B3ST- 1100
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz- 3400
MONITOR- Dell 22inch LED - ST2220L- 7900
KB COMBO- Microsoft Sidewinder X6 + Logitech G400 = 1950+1450
COOLER- CM Hyper 212 Evo- 2100
SPEAKERS- Logitech Z313 2.1 Spkrs- 1650
TOTAL- 74350

You can contact Mr.Raghu of Arun Computers on this number:9849457428. CTC stands for Chenoy Trade Center.This is in Secunderabad.Ok.I have bought the exact same rig and I am not facing any issues so far from Mar2012.

Top Bottom