AVAST antivirus problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
actually if i remove the file ie delete it it will delete the infected file as a whole but if by chance i need the file n want to make it virus free wht to do then?
move to chest?
what is meaning of move to chest?

damked

Broken In
Moving to chest means to quaantine the file so that you cannot intentionally or accidently access the file and thus avoid spreading infection. If a file is infected, it is a bad idea to access or use or exeute it. Making a infected file virus free is a matter of luck. You can try repair / heal option (i don't remember exact term used by Avast), but no gurantee can be given.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Healing or moving to chest with the infected file - use AVG in such cases u need a antivirus

Avast 4.8 is best is capturing the virus on the real time most of the user i know will delete the file with Avast !!!

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
so does that mean that delete file is gud option??
and this cums in the avast4.8 home edition (i have ths one only) also.
i think open source any antivirus has this option apart from the ones vich r purchased.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Hey guys hve any one using Norton Security Products 2009 version, I installed it for my friend damn it's pretty fast and I think it rocks coz of it's performance are there any one using it or just tried it pls comment..

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Dude u have to use the VRDB Generator for file rplacement
This is a time consuming process that covers only specific parts of system
Also Avast is far better in speed as compared with Norton Products
The best options is ofcourse to delete the file

Chetan1991

Youngling
so does that mean that delete file is gud option??
and this cums in the avast4.8 home edition (i have ths one only) also.
i think open source any antivirus has this option apart from the ones vich r purchased.

Almost every antivirus has option of deleting the infected file it coudn't repair.
It is a good option or not?? well, that's your choice. If the file is a system file or of very importance to you, you should quarantine it and let it be moved into chest where no virus can access it and application will be able to interact with it, until you move it out of the chest. You can try repairing the file later on, after you've updated the virus database of the antivirus. If the file isn't very important , you should just delete it. Oh, and I've personally found avast as a great antivirus. It catches viruses very efficiently. I don't know any other free antivirus which is as good as it is.

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
hmm thats quite right it catches viruses,trojans etc very fast but it dsnt mean it repairs it.
for eg.
i downloaded a theme from www.themexp.org vch was infected now i moved the trojan to chest n used the program.
dus that mean my pc is virus free or it means that virus is in vault n suppressed from causing any harm?

frontier2002

Broken In
if you are using avast free version you will face difficult task to delete the file...sometimes avast can't even do the job right. and secondly you might delete the file which is need for the windows to run good.

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
that cant happen certainly!
i have registered the avasty 4.8 n is at present g8 n my pc Virus FREE ...it suppresses the virus ,deletes it...howsoever i cant say if the installation of windows is infectious b4 the installation of the antivirus!!

frontier2002

Broken In
that cant happen certainly!
i have registered the avasty 4.8 n is at present g8 n my pc Virus FREE ...it suppresses the virus ,deletes it...howsoever i cant say if the installation of windows is infectious b4 the installation of the antivirus!!

Yeah perhaps you have not encounter the difficult situation. Just wait and see only time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom