Avast Antivirus Madness

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
This is the second time madness done by my Avast antivirus..
the story is as follows...
I was working on my computer and everything was working fine... I wasnt connected to the internet and to remove samsung kies and to make sure it is completely removed, i restored my computer... Restoration done..... Windows restarted, i entered my paswsword.... waited for 2min for explorer to open.. nothing happens... opens task manager and then restart explorer... explorer finally open.... now sincce avast has once shown its madness, so i instantly opened avast and :evil: ..... avast has got a virus database error.... i got mad.... i cant delete or uninstall avast coz it was open so i restarted my comp and started win repair... 15min past, still repairing... then it shows it cant repair and restarts... still same problem... i did a restart and live booted ubuntu and deleted avast folder.... restart... this time a BSOD.... now again started repair but no result... then booted into safe mode and re installed avast from DIGIT dvd..... then booted and again same BSOD.... then booted safe mode and unistalled avst and restarted..... And finally my comp started.... Big sigh of relief... Avast wasted my 2hrs.... :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That was quite some frustration you dumped here! :lol:

At least you are free from Avast now! :) Enjoy life w/o an Antivirus! (like me)! :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ pramudit - thanks for sharing your experience with avast - even I've stopped using it 7 years ago for it sluggishness and hyper active works and alerts and some similar situation like you - you better use avira free edition if you have to use a antivirus ;-)

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
i am on windows so without antivirus i'll be surrounded by :evil: devils while browsing internet....
thinkin of buying kaspersky antivirus 2012, available for 400rs only....

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
earlier i was thinkin to install avast on my andro too but now it seems its lot better without that :evil: antivirus.... :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
earlier i was thinkin to install avast on my andro too but now it seems its lot better without that :evil: antivirus.... :p

i have already tested avast on my mobile. its light but unnecessary bloatware. android doesn't need any antivirus unless you download application from unreliable sources or sources other than the ones from market.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
currently my andro is new so using reliable sources only, even dropped the idea of rooting for sometime... so no need of antivirus....

Top Bottom