Attention Readers: December 2005 Movie DVD Problems?

Did this help solve your problem with your Movie DVD?

• No, I still cannot run the DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never had any problems to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
My system is WIN XP SP2 with WMP 10 and all latest updates... I also installed the DivX codecs though I know they are not responsible for running the DVD. Except that I have no extra codecs installed except Real Player n QuickTime...It runs wonderfully both on WMP 10 nd Real Player nd Cyberlink PowerDVD.. Mine is an LG-DVD ROM drive.. Sound+ Video awesome...

elumalai

Broken In
my klite does not contain these two codec....
not asking for this dvd...i have another one..which is not even readable by OS.

think i wud have missed to check that codec in the options dialog box while installing..

somebody know how to reconfigure it...

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
drgrudge said:
Yeah Raaabo, I Personally went and ran the DVDUPGRD command, it did have the codec required.. Even VLC player/MPC couldn't play the DVD. That's why I said, it might be a coaster.

G Spot does show what codec we have installed... it's not really difficult to "read" and infer the thing.. it comes with a small description as well.
*img322.imageshack.us/img322/734/untitled9vr.th.gif
Yeah we can't expect ppl to install this, moreover many of them might not even know abt this.

The image you're showing me highlights MPEG-4, where'd the MPEG-2 decoder that movie DVDs need?

jamyang312 said:
hey raaabo,
I have cyberlink powerdvd 5 and all the codecs required but still, i am not able to play the dvd. :( :( :(
I can hear the sound of the dvd but am not able to see the video in powerdvd5.

Are you playing the movie in the Cyberlink player or Windows Media Player?? Audio and no video = no MPEG-2 decoder!

//siddhartha// said:
Yipppeee. ALL DOUBTS MELT AWAY as the issue arrived and I had no problems with running any of the cds and dvds.. The movie DVD is working awesomely well... But the calender on the issue pack was not included inside..HOpe the DIGIT people send me one for the new year.... ;-)

write to help@jasubhai.com and cc to robert_smith@jasubhai.com we'll send you one asap

vimal_mehrotra said:
there is no sound, infact the audio folder is absolutely empty

The audio_ts folder is supposed to be empty, that will only contain files on DVDs that have DVD audio. Like a music CD if you buy a music DVD, with 5.1 sound etc, you will see files in the audio_ts folder. Since this is a movie DVD, the audio_ts folder will be empty and files are only in video_ts. Hope that clears things up.

kumarmohit said:
my matter's sorted after this

It would be nice if you took the time to vote in the poll to confirm that fact. The poll's looking sort of bare right now :(

deadman please email me your problems step by step with a screenshot of the results of "dvdupgrd /detect".

Raaabo

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Raaabo said:
The image you're showing me highlights MPEG-4, where'd the MPEG-2 decoder that movie DVDs need?
I just took the screenie just to show that G spot also has some small description of the codec installed.
Anyways.. MPG4, MP43, MP42 contains all the stuff that I need to play the DVD. DVDs play fine in my PC, so it's not an issue now ;)

hemselva

Right off the assembly line
DVD Problem

I dont have any DVD movie problems. Instead I have problem with Software DVD particularly in the game section. I am unable to access / play any games.

Any help???

elumalai

Broken In
k...tomorrow going to buy the magazine...my brother and dad has bcome very much attracted with the magazine and they want to buy. they don't understand the dvd probs.

k..now praying the God to give me a pleasant tomorrow.:)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Re: DVD Problem

hemselva said:
I dont have any DVD movie problems. Instead I have problem with Software DVD particularly in the game section. I am unable to access / play any games.

Any help???

Is it a H/W problem of low gphx ? or a DVD problem ?

Go to My Comp > Right click on ur DVD drive and choose Open > browse to the games folder and install waht u like ;)

........wht can i say??.........

*img513.imageshack.us/img513/6857/untitled6yw.jpg
using nero premium .......for everything plus installed k-lite codec mega pack
wht else do i need??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

still im unable to play the digit movie dvd......

well Raabo.this one is my last issue of digit.........i wont be buying it again

Digit peoples take actions toooooo slow........ :

elumalai

Broken In
hooo...hoo..... i am able to run my T2 DVD. no probs...just popped in and everything is alright.

But..but i missed the 2006 desktop calendar. I searched each and every page of the book. but it is missing. somebody tell where to ask for it.

hemselva

Re: DVD Problem

QwertyManiac said:
hemselva said:

Any help???

Is it a H/W problem of low gphx ? or a DVD problem ?

Go to My Comp > Right click on ur DVD drive and choose Open > browse to the games folder and install waht u like ;)

The DVD can explore the games and I tried My Computer > DVD Right Click. But the efforts are vain. No game is installed. It shows some errors like in Chess game, "some file is missing"

Any Help??

one_cool_guy16

DEAR RAABO,
I AM USING CYBERLINK POWERDVD 5 PROVIDED WITH MY LG DVD DRIVE.IN MY PC BOTH THE AUDIO AS WELL AS VIDEO HAS PROBLEMS BOTH AUDIO VIDEO HAS POOR QUALITY { PLAYS FOR 2 SEC. AND STOPS FOR 0.5 SEC---JUST LIKE THAT}.IS DVD PROVIDED IS DUAL LAYER BECAUSE IT SHOWS MORE THAN 8 G.B.

REPLY RAABO AND REPLY DIGIT READERS

one_cool_guy16

DEAR RAABO,
I AM USING CYBERLINK POWERDVD 5 PROVIDED WITH MY LG DVD DRIVE.IN MY PC BOTH THE AUDIO AS WELL AS VIDEO HAS PROBLEMS BOTH AUDIO VIDEO HAS POOR QUALITY { PLAYS FOR 2 SEC. AND STOPS FOR 0.5 SEC---JUST LIKE THAT}.IS DVD PROVIDED IS DUAL LAYER BECAUSE IT SHOWS MORE THAN 8 G.B.
AND I AM SURE I HAVE LOADED POWERDVD 5 NOT THAT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER I AM TELLING BECAUSE THIS REASON WAS GIVEN TO A PERSON HAVING SAME PROBLEM.

REPLY RAABO AND REPLY DIGIT READERS

gkiran

Broken In
Rabo,
I posted a DD for RS 50/- in 3rd week of December. I havent received Terminator DVD yet. How many weeks should it take ?

hpindia

Broken In
well i am also unable to run the T2 dvd . My sys config:
P3 (Compaq presario 5000 M), 128 MB ram , 60 gb hdd , win xp professional witn no service pack , Cd rom + dvd rom . When i try to open the dvd in my computer it says :
Please insert a disc => Its not being recognized

When i tried another video dvd same happens .
They work fine on my friends pc.Also i am able to run the dvds that come along digit . I have formatted my system once so i suppose theres somethig missing .

When i run DVDUPGRD /DETECT :
it shows 2 codescs installed : mpeg16.dll and clvsd.ax .

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
gkiran said:
Rabo,
I posted a DD for RS 50/- in 3rd week of December. I havent received Terminator DVD yet. How many weeks should it take ?

same here i posted the DD in the last week of december
even got a reciept in my email
but still no sign of the dvd
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom