Attension GPRS Dial-up Users!!!!

Is this trick working?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
If u r using GPRS Dial-up to connect to internet for your system via ur cellphone and facing Low speed here there is hint to Optimize the Speed.

I use Airtel Mobile Office @ 20Rs/Day in Bangalore which gives a smooth access. My SE W810i's EDGE gives me the speed above 380 Kbps and Download speeds of 40-58 Kbps (Without EDGE 115.2 Kbps Browsing and 4-8 Kbps Download Speeds)

Before using SE W810i, i used to Connect Via SE K508i and was getting the 115.2 Kbps Speed and 4-8 Kbps in free time. In peek hours i used to get 1.2-3 Kbps.

So i came up with a plan to inscrease the Signal Reception during Peek Hours with some unwanted old stuff in the House.

All u need is:

- A lengthy old Antenna for TV or Radio (2 Antenna of abt 1Meter is Recommended)
- A Standard Speaker Wire of about 1 Meter (Transperant with red lines)
- A Spring of 5 to 10 mm
- Two Mousqito Coil Stands
- Blade
- Tape
- Scissor
- A Small Cardboard Box to fix the Antenna (CPU box Size is Ideal)
- A Metal Stip of ur Mobile Phone size.

After gathering all these stuff follow the procedure:

1. Make two holes on the Cardboard Box using Antenna and Fix it, leave about 3 Inch Gap between them. (If u have One antenna then fix only one)

2. Open the box, so u can see the two Antenna's legs inside the Box, Slide the antenna upwards a bit and fix the Mousqito Stands in betweent a small hole in the mousqito stands so the antennas will not shake.

3. Take the wire, Cut 3 Pieces of 10 Inch Wire and Peel it at both the ends.

4. Make a hole between two antenna's on the box.

5. Tie the peeled wire at both top of each Antenna, and open the box at bottom and connect two wires to two stands at any place u desire and take the two wires out of the box from the center hole b/w antennas.

6. Take the spring and place beside the hole and connect the two wires that u have taken out from inside the box and tie the wires at both ends of spring.

7. Take an another wire of 5 inch, peel it and tie it to the center of the spring.

8. Take the Metal Strip and make a small hole using a nail and a hammer, Connect the Wire that comes from the spring.

9. Place the Mobile on the Metal Strip connect the Data Cable or IR or Bluetooth (Datacable is Recommended)

10. See the difference.

Any doubts regarding this can be commented...

Refer Diagram

*i170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/Santhosh1/GPRS.jpg

Observe the Speed @ the time of Download using 115.2 KBps Connection:
*i170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/Santhosh1/gprs.jpg

Last edited:

great_manish

Journeyman
mobile office in calcutta gives me peak download speed of 16 kBps...comes for 250 rupees a month .... unlimited bandwidth...not bad huh ??

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Ya not bad without EDGE in culcutta, but if u review the net traffic in Bangalore its Worse.... gr8 manish

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
can u post a screenshot of the finished product? it'd be much easier for people to visualise the same.. and help during the construction procedure....

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
infra_red_dude said:
can u post a screenshot of the finished product? it'd be much easier for people to visualise the same.. and help during the construction procedure....

My Finished Product Looks crap :D so thought of posting Diagram!! Nice Responce!!!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I got a max of 14.1 KB/sec during night (after 2:00am)and a max of 4.8KB/sec during peak hours(10pm as it's the time when the cost/hour drops to half).

int86

You'r Born Free
I think this will help only those who are in not good reception area. i.e. they do not get full tower on their mobile.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Thanks for posting this Intel_Gigacore. ;)

great_manish said:
mobile office in calcutta gives me peak download speed of 16 kBps...comes for 250 rupees a month .... unlimited bandwidth...not bad huh ??

I have MO Unlimited @100/-. Sometimes get good download speeds of 20-22KBps in Limewire and download managers.:p

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
sankaranand said:
Thanks for the tip, i posted about it in my blog.

Nice Job, thanks for posting it in ur blog.. :)

I think the handset and GPRS class of ur dad's cellphone is either newer or older... The trick works fine in GPRS Class 10 @ IR Dude

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
he uses a z550i and afaik, its a gprs class 10 mobile! anyways, its ok. he'll be shifting soon... and broadband is the way for him!! :)

btw, nice tut gigacore :)

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys that wont change...

u can hit as low as 1kbps to max of 8 kbps...

THIS SYSTEM THEY R USING IS CALLED

----T U N E L L I N G----

SAY they have a bandwidth of 100kbps...

if use he gets all of it and is set to bound only by his phone speed

2 users 50kbps each
3 users 25kbps each
4 users 12kbps each
5 users 6kbps each

and it goes on llike this....

so getting 8 kbps is nothing a miracle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom