ASUS HD7970 Temperatures

saiyaman

Journeyman
Hey guys,

I have a ASUS HD7970 3GD-5 card. It idles around 40(with air conditioner on) to 55c. The problem is before summer started (might sound sort of funny), my load temperatures for the card were around 77 to 80C. Now in the heat of summer I get upto 88 or even 89 and 90C. Especially Farcry 3 which drives it toward 89 or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve my temperatures for the card? By the way I always turn off AA and AF for every game. I'm using the stock cooler and the card looks like the reference HD7970.

WOW!! Those are really high temps. Post a few pics of your cabinet and the temps. You better add a few fans to the cabinet or the card may get spolied.

Shiva

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
90C load temp though is high but not alrming but the load temp shoul remain under 80c - that's generally the loa temp of most stock HD7970 cards.

Mention your whole pc config or better a few pics of the cabinet with side panel closed and in open position.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
90C load temp though is high but not alrming but the load temp shoul remain under 80c - that's generally the loa temp of most stock HD7970 cards.

Mention your whole pc config AND a few pics of the cabinet with side panel closed and in open position.

please do this..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't worry too much. My HD 6950 also goes to 90 degrees in summer. Consistently over 90? Then cleaning is required.

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
20130505_131428.jpg
20130505_131528.jpg
20130505_131554.jpg

Images uploaded.

Configuration:

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
RAM: 2 x 4 GB DDR3 Corsair
Motherboard: ASUS P8H67-M PRO
SMPS: Corsair TX850v2
Graphics: ASUS HD7970 3GD-5

@ico: Oh that's nothing to worry about? I was worried a little since 85 and above seems....dangerous. I recently cleaned it about 3 to 4 days ago.

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
change the cabby immediate and do some cable management man :/ how will the air flow ?? ...also is it a reference card ?? they do have high temps

Reference card yes. What is the standard load temperature for reference? The cables don't come around the card but do you mean anywhere near the card is not good?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
the cabby is not good...how can u expect the high power GPU to remain cool in a tin ka dabba?

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
dude change your cabinet asap and get corsair 400r or nzxt phantom.

Wow both of those cabinets look great. The phantom looks good too is that available in India? Corsair I checked on FK it's sold out. Probably need to try somewhere else.

Update: I have gone through my cabinet and somehow managed a temporary solution till I get a new cabinet.

Is this okay now?

20130505_162423.jpg

Wow both of those cabinets look great. The phantom looks good too is that available in India? Corsair I checked on FK it's sold out. Probably need to try somewhere else.

Update: I have gone through my cabinet and somehow managed a temporary solution till I get a new cabinet.

Is this okay now?

View attachment 10301
no offence bro, but your cable management sucks.

shreymittal

Being Human

Is this okay now?

View attachment 10301

That is looking great :facepalm:
Man change your cabinet asap you are insulting that graphic card there and your cabinet is not a cabinet it is tin ka dabba
Yup both cabinet are available in India where do you live??

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Give some breathing space for the computer organs along with new skin. They might suffocate and die before you know.

Top Bottom