Assembling a PC first time. Budget 45K (Stretchable)

Cilus

laborare est orare
kamal4883, I have suggested you earlier based on your budget but it looks like you can increase it slightly to incorporate better components. In that case, go with the Asus M5A97 LE motherboard you have chosen. It is better than bot the Gigabyte 970A-DS3 and MSI G43 motherboard. With it, you'll get both USB 3.0 and SATA III 6 Gbps. However, USB 3.0 is more important, SATA III is mainly required for SSD which can utilize the extra memory bandwidth of that interface. For normal HDD, they can't even saturate the SATA II bandwidth.
Another thing, going with AMD 9XX chipset (970, 990X, 990FX) based motherboard is really recommended here as they are made for AM3+ Processors from ground whereas the 7XX and 8XX chipset based motherboards are actually made for AM3 processors (Phenom II and Athlon II) and support AM3+ processors through BIOS upgrade.

d3p

PowerHouse
Not a Suggestion on the config part, its well taken care by Cilus.

These are basic tutorials on building and assembling a RIG for beginners.

[youtube]esA7-vOdjis[/youtube]

[youtube]wKU_g3Bmt68[/youtube]

OP
K

kamal4883

Broken In
Finally i built the pc successfully. The PC was actually for my Big brother. I decided to go with intel Haswell PC. Here is my configuration.
Processor : Intel core i5 4430
Mobo : Gygabyte GA-H87M-D3H
Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600Mhz
Cabinet : Cooler master HAF 912
PSU : Corsair CX500
SSD : Kingston SSD 120GB
Monitor: Dell S2240L 21.5 inch
Keyboard and mouse: logitech combo wireless mice and keyboard.

As this was my first build i wished everything goes fine but I think i got a faulty mobo. As you might be able to see in pic i had to put ram in slots of same channel. If i put a ram in 2nd channel the computer wont boot and i can hear long beep. Looks like other channel slots are faulty. Looks like i have to return it for warranty. :cry:

If i ignore this ram problem, system running fine and very fast. I did not add a graphics card due to my budget. But i will add a strong graphics card in near future. I want to know peoples thought on this build.

Here are some pics of my first ever build :

Attachments

• download_20130922_190829.jpg
    download_20130922_190829.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 62
  • download_20130922_191826.jpg
    download_20130922_191826.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
As this was my first build i wished everything goes fine but I think i got a faulty mobo. As you might be able to see in pic i had to put ram in slots of same channel. If i put a ram in 2nd channel the computer wont boot and i can hear long beep. Looks like other channel slots are faulty. Looks like i have to return it for warranty. :cry:

If i ignore this ram problem, system running fine and very fast. I did not add a graphics card due to my budget. But i will add a strong graphics card in near future. I want to know peoples thought on this build.

Here are some pics of my first ever build :

congrats;-). post individual prices also.
hey, for ram, since you have two rams, install both rams on either black slots or on blue slots. never put two rams on one black slot and other on blue slot. your problem will be solved;-)

Last edited:
OP
K

kamal4883

Broken In
congrats;-). post individual prices also.
hey, for ram, since you have two rams, install both rams on either black slots or on blue slots. never put two rams on one black slot and other on blue slot. your problem will be solved;-)

Yes you are stating right. but the problem was with mobo. if i remove all the rams and put a single ram in any of the first two slots from the side of CPU then pc wont boot and i hear long bip. But my Problem is solved. I talked with flipkart customer care and the told me that they will send me a brand new board.

I purchased everything from flipkart. And i am very happy with their services.

I will also post price list. But it cost me around 40000 for tower.

Yes you are stating right. but the problem was with mobo. if i remove all the rams and put a single ram in any of the first two slots from the side of CPU then pc wont boot and i hear long bip. But my Problem is solved. I talked with flipkart customer care and the told me that they will send me a brand new board.

I purchased everything from flipkart. And i am very happy with their services.

I will also post price list. But it cost me around 40000 for tower.

congrats. that's the only benefit of buying from FK.

BTW, there's lot of potential of improved cable management.

Top Bottom