Assassin's Creed IV Discussion

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
This is gonna sound weird but I didn't have any lags at 1080p at pretty much max settings minus vsync. had low motion blur and 2x aa.
The lowest it dropped to once was 24/26 fps. Mostly it was above 30. :O
Its supposed to perform even better on a 6870.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Okay.. So I installed 13.12 WHQL catalyst and updated the game to 1.03. Now I get around 31-40FPS on land, and 42-55FPS on water. Here are the settings I use:

*i.imgur.com/f9DI7LY.jpg

One annoying thing screen tearing is visible even though the FPS is lower than my screen refresh rate (60Hz).. Its present even after turning on V-Sync@30FPS.

This is gonna sound weird but I didn't have any lags at 1080p at pretty much max settings minus vsync. had low motion blur and 2x aa.
The lowest it dropped to once was 24/26 fps. Mostly it was above 30. :O
Its supposed to perform even better on a 6870.

Hmmm.. What is your game version and catalyst driver version? Post a link to your settings in the game.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@rajnusker I uninstalled the game a few days back man. But I'm on catalyst 13.09. And pretty much everything was high/very high. I remember the settings though.
shadow quality:- medium/normal
AA:- the lowest one
ambient occlusion:- lowest option
vsync:- off.

Rest everything was maxed out. And yes I used to get pretty much the same. 30-40fps on land and 40-50 fps on water.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
One annoying thing screen tearing is visible even though the FPS is lower than my screen refresh rate (60Hz).. Its present even after turning on V-Sync@30FPS.

Use d3doverrider (google it) to force triple buffering on. Problem solved, i guarantee it :)

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Use d3doverrider (google it) to force triple buffering on. Problem solved, i guarantee it :)

What is triple buffering? Do I need to have V-sync turned on for this to work?

@rajnusker I uninstalled the game a few days back man. But I'm on catalyst 13.09. And pretty much everything was high/very high. I remember the settings though.
shadow quality:- medium/normal
AA:- the lowest one
ambient occlusion:- lowest option
vsync:- off.

Rest everything was maxed out. And yes I used to get pretty much the same. 30-40fps on land and 40-50 fps on water.

Seems overall my settings are bit higher than yours. I hope more updates comes out to improve the performance further.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
What is triple buffering? Do I need to have V-sync turned on for this to work?

This games uses Double Buffering, Triple Buffering Keeps your Fps at high without any slowdown with displaying of frames.

Download d3doverrider - Run it as Admin - Keep running it in background - start game - turn Vsync on in game :)

Link - *www.datafilehost.com/d/49eec52f

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Where to find large quantities of metal ?

Max quantity i have seen is 180 in some Man O war ship and Pirate hunters ships . Just remember , if you loot the ship , you get full content . If you just destroy it , then only half the content .

gameranand

Living to Play
Max quantity i have seen is 180 in some Man O war ship and Pirate hunters ships . Just remember , if you loot the ship , you get full content . If you just destroy it , then only half the content .

When I first saw the question at instant I thought, WTH why is someone asking for metal in gaming Thread. Then I saw the Thread name. :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^You've just started playing the game, is my guess. I was awe-struck every time till the end.

AC has come so far and improved in every way. I installed Brotherhood and I can't seem to play it.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^You've just started playing the game, is my guess. I was awe-struck every time till the end.

AC has come so far and improved in every way. I installed Brotherhood and I can't seem to play it.

Yeah.. It has exceeded my expectations. First AC game since AC2 which i have enjoyed this much.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Is it just me or does AC4 gets boring over time? I mean attacking and boarding every ship is the same process, and with a fully upgraded ship incl. elite ram, hull and mortar taking any ship takes about 2/3 hits, and then there's the same old process to board the ship, I have enough money and nowhere to spend it(60k+), the land missions are same, absolutely same as I mentioned before, I had the energy for the first 30-40 hrs, now that I have already become stronger than all the ships in the entire sea(minus legendary ships one of which is already down).

The game seems more like a chore rather than exciting, and this is coming from a guy who spend over 600hrs or even more on Fallout 3 and NV separately, there are so many random choices and events that take place in those games, even Witcher 2 had variation with two distinct story lines, but AC4 has become boring with time, right now I don't even care anymore, randomly attacking man-o-wars/frigates when I feel like it, already have enough metal/wood/cloth etc, gotten through most of the treasures.

Life at sea can become boring, specially if you played like me and tried to achieve 100% completion, even before sequence 5 which I believe is not even halfway of the game I have a fully upgraded ship minus a few elite upgrades, all but 2 forts destroyed, naval missions almost all done, same with contracts, and the challenge is completely gone.

One of the biggest gripes I have with the game is when upgrading ship the appearance do not change at all, for the love of the lord, when we spend hours gathering money and stuff to upgrade a ship at least change its appearance a bit, you can change the sail colors but that's it. Also the hometown(great inagua) is completely useless, there is no reason for me to ever go back there anymore or upgrade it. I'll just finish the rest of the main missions and be done with it. And then get back to Fallout 3 ;)

AC4 felt great when I started it, first game to portray piracy in a grand manner and accurate to somewhat, but it quickly turn boring and repetitive.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Is it just me or does AC4 gets boring over time? I mean attacking and boarding every ship is the same process, and with a fully upgraded ship incl. elite ram, hull and mortar taking any ship takes about 2/3 hits, and then there's the same old process to board the ship, I have enough money and nowhere to spend it(60k+), the land missions are same, absolutely same as I mentioned before, I had the energy for the first 30-40 hrs, now that I have already become stronger than all the ships in the entire sea(minus legendary ships one of which is already down).

The game seems more like a chore rather than exciting, and this is coming from a guy who spend over 600hrs or even more on Fallout 3 and NV separately, there are so many random choices and events that take place in those games, even Witcher 2 had variation with two distinct story lines, but AC4 has become boring with time, right now I don't even care anymore, randomly attacking man-o-wars/frigates when I feel like it, already have enough metal/wood/cloth etc, gotten through most of the treasures.

Life at sea can become boring, specially if you played like me and tried to achieve 100% completion, even before sequence 5 which I believe is not even halfway of the game I have a fully upgraded ship minus a few elite upgrades, all but 2 forts destroyed, naval missions almost all done, same with contracts, and the challenge is completely gone.

One of the biggest gripes I have with the game is when upgrading ship the appearance do not change at all, for the love of the lord, when we spend hours gathering money and stuff to upgrade a ship at least change its appearance a bit, you can change the sail colors but that's it. Also the hometown(great inagua) is completely useless, there is no reason for me to ever go back there anymore or upgrade it. I'll just finish the rest of the main missions and be done with it. And then get back to Fallout 3 ;)

AC4 felt great when I started it, first game to portray piracy in a grand manner and accurate to somewhat, but it quickly turn boring and repetitive.

I felt that at the end. ACIV was fragile, I lost interest when I gave a break and played BF4. I couldn't come back. IDK if BF4 is addictive or ACIV was boring.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Try Dark Souls, you will be amazed with so much content and things to find. Levels are crafted well. And helping others in boss fights or during invasions is fun.

Top Bottom