Assassin's Creed IV Discussion

Flash

Lost in speed
But what AC4 didn't discuss is that all the previous games showed that even precursor genes are not enough to make you an assassin, that's why Ezio's brother was executed so easily, same with his sister, she wasn't an assassin and his father was more like a scholar, so he also got executed easily by thugs and Ezio nearly died trying to save is family, he learned blocking, climbing etc throughout the game, later on he could take a dozen guards unarmed, so you need training to become assassin, same with Connor, he learned fighting like all other Native Americans, but learned Assassin fighting techniques later or(the game din't do a good job with this, he was powerful from the start, there was no actual growth, like how Ezio actually became strong by learning techniques).

But Kenway was strong from the start, he killed an assassin on his first encounter, an assassin who had been training for his entire life to become what he was then, then inexplicably he knew all assassin techniques from start(air assassination etc), there was no growth, kenway was as strong in game as he was at start, there was no growth, the only thing that grew was his enormous ego and his ship, that's it, the story was completely disconnected from the Assassin vs Templer storyline, AC4 is all respect was like COD, no story, no character growth, nothing, it feels like a multiplayer ship battle, with a dumb AI.
That's exactly my point. If am right, Altair should've trained by Masyaf - like Mario for Ezio and Achilles for Connor. Kenway is like self-made assassin, right from the start. He free runs, performs leap of faith, kills templars - all just by putting the Assassin outfit. Moreover, there's still a question of how he got those powers all by himself!!

tkin

Back to school!!
That's exactly my point. If am right, Altair should've trained by Masyaf - like Mario for Ezio and Achilles for Connor. Kenway is like self-made assassin, right from the start. He free runs, performs leap of faith, kills templars - all just by putting the Assassin outfit. Moreover, there's still a question of how he got those powers all by himself!!
He could have received the eagle vision from his genes, as AC games have explained before, the precursors sired children with humans. With the precursor gene, their offspring, and in turn their successors all get the eagle vision, so Kenway might have a precursor as his ancestor. But the games had also portrayed the fact that while the genes do give the owners better reaction time, strength, intelligence etc, the persons must get trained to successfully perform assassinations, they can't just become assassin by birthright only, the eagle vision is a birth right, the techniques are not.

What Ubisoft did, was to create a naval combat game, threw in some piracy(perfectly done, though gets tiring), added an eagle vision wielding guy and some cr@p templer plot, some worthless modern world plot without any direction and had called it a day, I liked Desmond way better, and would have loved to play in the modern world.

A crazy idea popped into my mind earlier, they could have continued the Desmond bloodline, and someday his descendant would be the protagonist in Watch Dogs, from what I had seen from the review, Watch Dogs gameplay moves quite like the Assassins, although in a modern day.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I have some more gripes:
The ship battle grows tiring after some time, the game has no replayability, I played AC2 3-4 times, see how things would turn out once I knew all the kicks, how I could tackle situations a bit differently, there is no such thing with AC4, you see ship, charge ship, fire some cannons/mortars, board, rinse and repeat, there are no angles there, soon you would have tried all possible combinations of taking out a ship, so where's the fun?

Even Games like Mass Effect 2 allows you to replay with all powers and upgraded to see how you tackle situations with all powers unlocked, same with Borderlands 1/2, other games like the witcher 2 has a complete alternate storyline, some games like fallout has so many damn explorable areas and random encounters that you would keep going back, some games like Binary Domain/Gears of War draws you with storyline, but AC4 get repetitive over time.

Witcher 2 , mass effect 2 , fallout series are RPG open world game , they are supposed to have replay value . AC series never have replayability . AC 2 was story driven game , Once finished , i didn't got urge to play it again . Not to mention AC 2 was SP only title . So even if you complete it twice , your total hour must be around 30-40 . AC4 on the other hand focused more on exploring then story . You can easily give 40+ hour if you love the game . AC4 MP was also very popular with 30k PC player playing daily . This game has the biggest world/map after Just cause 2 ( excluding MMO games) . So for me , AC4 was more 'value for money' product then AC2 .

Flash

Lost in speed
A crazy idea popped into my mind earlier, they could have continued the Desmond bloodline, and someday his descendant would be the protagonist in Watch Dogs, from what I had seen from the review, Watch Dogs gameplay moves quite like the Assassins, although in a modern day.
I would love to see a modern AC game, similar to AC3's Desmond part.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
He could have received the eagle vision from his genes, as AC games have explained before, the precursors sired children with humans. With the precursor gene, their offspring, and in turn their successors all get the eagle vision, so Kenway might have a precursor as his ancestor. But the games had also portrayed the fact that while the genes do give the owners better reaction time, strength, intelligence etc, the persons must get trained to successfully perform assassinations, they can't just become assassin by birthright only, the eagle vision is a birth right, the techniques are not.

Kenway was a pirate. May be he learnt free running while plundering ships..

Top Bottom