Assassin's Creed IV Discussion

tkin

Back to school!!
^^

post moved to the right place.

Thanks ico, missed this thread.

I am experiencing graphical corruption randomly while playing ac4,i have a geforce 450-has anyone else experienced this issue?All other games including newer ones like BF4,COD:ghosts etc run just fine on my system,even though i don't have the latest drivers installed for my gpu.Will installing all the official patches fix this problem?

Same thing I'm getting, sometimes there is texture filling the screen randomly, it goes away after restarting the game, need patches?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i.ve had this issue with AC since ACII.. everytime i increase the AA to above 2X, it fills the screen with bs textures..
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/803/ac3sp2012120720325997.jpg

that happened with AC3. :evil:

tkin

Back to school!!
i.ve had this issue with AC since ACII.. everytime i increase the AA to above 2X, it fills the screen with bs textures..
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/803/ac3sp2012120720325997.jpg

that happened with AC3. :evil:
I got this only in the last ship battle in ac3, when there was lots of smoke at the end cutscene, in ac4 I get it at times, mostly in havana and underwater shipwrecks, goes away after a restart

Nerevarine

Incarnate
anirbandd
we have the same card but I never got that issue.. Try updating driver ? I played both AC3 and 4 on 13.9, try this maybe itll fix

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
naaah.. dont feel like playing again only for testing :p :D

- - - Updated - - -

and im on the latest Driver 13.251-131206a-165817C-ATI

Flash

Lost in speed
I've searched as far as i can, but i didn't get a possible explanation!
Here's the question - How Kenway became an Assassin?

Altair was born into the Brotherhood, so he became an Assassin by birth.
Ezio's father was an Assassin, and after his families death, he seeks to avenge the rogues. His uncle Mario trained to become an Assassin.
Connor's father was sort of an Assassin and after his village was destroyed by Templars, he was trained by Achilles to become an Assassin..

Kenway is different. If you've noticed at the beginning of the game after the shipwreck, he and Wadpole reach shore. Wadpole escapes, and (for the first time), Kenway uses his eagle vision to locate it among the trees. How is it possible? Isn't the eagle vision is for the Assassins? People might say, he wore the Assassin outfit of Wadpole and was sort of recruited unofficially as an Assassin in the middle of the game.

There isn't an possible explanation? Anybody's enlightened here ??

tkin

Back to school!!
I've searched as far as i can, but i didn't get a possible explanation!
Here's the question - How Kenway became an Assassin?

Altair was born into the Brotherhood, so he became an Assassin by birth.
Ezio's father was an Assassin, and after his families death, he seeks to avenge the rogues. His uncle Mario trained to become an Assassin.
Connor's father was sort of an Assassin and after his village was destroyed by Templars, he was trained by Achilles to become an Assassin..

Kenway is different. If you've noticed at the beginning of the game after the shipwreck, he and Wadpole reach shore. Wadpole escapes, and (for the first time), Kenway uses his eagle vision to locate it among the trees. How is it possible? Isn't the eagle vision is for the Assassins? People might say, he wore the Assassin outfit of Wadpole and was sort of recruited unofficially as an Assassin in the middle of the game.

There isn't an possible explanation? Anybody's enlightened here ??

He probably had the precursor genes, anyway don't go deep, even the hardcore fans agree that assassins creed 4 had the worst storyline ever, the story doesn't connect the assassins vs templers story even remotely, its just an afterthought, ac4 is a pirate simulator.

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^ yep , try to think AC4 as a good pirate game . Modern day story in AC4 was crap which involved only hacking . AFAIk , game doesn't show that he become part of assasin brotherhood , only hint is given during sequence 12 .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Maybe he was like Altair.. He was the first one with eagle vision.

We did not question how he got it..

Similarly kenway.. He just had it.

tkin

Back to school!!
Maybe he was like Altair.. He was the first one with eagle vision.

We did not question how he got it..

Similarly kenway.. He just had it.
One of the games did discuss it, the powers came from precursor genes, altair's predecessor had a precursor parent.

tkin

Back to school!!
Exactly. Even Desmond had this ability but he just didn't knew how to use that.
But what AC4 didn't discuss is that all the previous games showed that even precursor genes are not enough to make you an assassin, that's why Ezio's brother was executed so easily, same with his sister, she wasn't an assassin and his father was more like a scholar, so he also got executed easily by thugs and Ezio nearly died trying to save is family, he learned blocking, climbing etc throughout the game, later on he could take a dozen guards unarmed, so you need training to become assassin, same with Connor, he learned fighting like all other Native Americans, but learned Assassin fighting techniques later or(the game din't do a good job with this, he was powerful from the start, there was no actual growth, like how Ezio actually became strong by learning techniques).

But Kenway was strong from the start, he killed an assassin on his first encounter, an assassin who had been training for his entire life to become what he was then, then inexplicably he knew all assassin techniques from start(air assassination etc), there was no growth, kenway was as strong in game as he was at start, there was no growth, the only thing that grew was his enormous ego and his ship, that's it, the story was completely disconnected from the Assassin vs Templer storyline, AC4 is all respect was like COD, no story, no character growth, nothing, it feels like a multiplayer ship battle, with a dumb AI.

I have some more gripes:
The ship battle grows tiring after some time, the game has no replayability, I played AC2 3-4 times, see how things would turn out once I knew all the kicks, how I could tackle situations a bit differently, there is no such thing with AC4, you see ship, charge ship, fire some cannons/mortars, board, rinse and repeat, there are no angles there, soon you would have tried all possible combinations of taking out a ship, so where's the fun?

Even Games like Mass Effect 2 allows you to replay with all powers and upgraded to see how you tackle situations with all powers unlocked, same with Borderlands 1/2, other games like the witcher 2 has a complete alternate storyline, some games like fallout has so many damn explorable areas and random encounters that you would keep going back, some games like Binary Domain/Gears of War draws you with storyline, but AC4 get repetitive over time.

Top Bottom