Assassin's Creed IV Discussion

Badmash

Journeyman
Is the game poorly optimized for PC? I mean i can max out bf4 ultra preset at 1080p with 50-60 fps and crysis 3 maxed out with 35-45 fps but can't max Ac4? Everything max with AA to msa only and soft shadows to medium i have constant 30 FPS only :(
Specs:
i5 2500K OC 4.0ghz
8Gb sniper series ram
sapphiire 7850 2GB

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
No its not, i lower the details and i get 60 fps

I believe Vsync locks at ideal FPS at each of the settings (either 30 or 60 fps). I am not sure of the technicality of this but it sure will lock the FPS. As suggested try switching off the Vsync for once and check the fps. May be u can play around with the vsyn to see the locking yourself.

anaklusmos

Youngling
I believe Vsync locks at ideal FPS at each of the settings (either 30 or 60 fps). I am not sure of the technicality of this but it sure will lock the FPS. As suggested try switching off the Vsync for once and check the fps. May be u can play around with the vsyn to see the locking yourself.

vsync forces the gpu to wait for a sync timeout before sending the next frame to the display. When you are above 60 fps, its completely fine. But when you fall below that mark, it will cause frames to be dropped, causing the game to feel jerky. Plus, since frames get dropped, the "average" fps drops, making it a further jarring experience.
Also as the display is waiting for the next frame to be delivered, the screen will not be updated as soon as its available, so you will experience input lag.

Hope that clears out the technicality for anyone interested :D

ASHISH65

Technomancer
vsync forces the gpu to wait for a sync timeout before sending the next frame to the display. When you are above 60 fps, its completely fine. But when you fall below that mark, it will cause frames to be dropped, causing the game to feel jerky. Plus, since frames get dropped, the "average" fps drops, making it a further jarring experience.
Also as the display is waiting for the next frame to be delivered, the screen will not be updated as soon as its available, so you will experience input lag.

Hope that clears out the technicality for anyone interested :D

+1:)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I'm having a tough time trying to play BF4. This game is so, so amazing. Never played a game to this level since Crysis.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ same here .50 hour completed ( 56% done) . I am on sequence 8 .

Don't worry slowly complete the main story but in the mean time complete the Assassins, the Templars and the Treasures as well but finding the treasures are somewhat boring as we have to search which map co-relates to which island.Its really stupid and boring unless there is an indication when we equip the map.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Don't worry slowly complete the main story but in the mean time complete the Assassins, the Templars and the Treasures as well but finding the treasures are somewhat boring as we have to search which map co-relates to which island.Its really stupid and boring unless there is an indication when we equip the map.

If a treasure is indicated while you equip the map is it really a treasure hunt?? Think about it :p

True that the game is amazing.. I am fully onto it.. My BF4 is lying aside as well :p

avj

Broken In
Yeah v sync on locks the fps to 30! And if i turn it off then i get around 40+. IS there any way to stop screen tearing if i turn off v sync?

What is this? o_O

it helps in getting better fps when it falls below 60 and vsync locks it to 30.
it enforces triple buffering.U need to to run it with vsync turned on.Try it and see.

proof
*forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810698-Important-D3DOverrider-question-Forums

RBX

In the zone
finding the treasures are somewhat boring as we have to search which map co-relates to which island.Its really stupid and boring unless there is an indication when we equip the map.

Coordinates of treasure are displayed at bottom right.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I just defeated a Lvl 60 Man o' War.

By climbing it stealthily and killing the crew.

I thought Ubi would be dumb not to include this feature, but I was very wrong. Well, Man o' War was stationary, so....

Top Bottom