Assassin's Creed IV Discussion

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I just defeated a Lvl 60 Man o' War.

By climbing it stealthily and killing the crew.

I thought Ubi would be dumb not to include this feature, but I was very wrong. Well, Man o' War was stationary, so....

Were u able to send it to your fleet after that ?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
^That's what I did. Since my wanted level was nil and no damage was taken, I sent it to the fleet.

LOL great man..

What have you all upgraded so far on your jackdraws??

I have acquired all mortar unlocks, the harpooling and other smaller ones. The quest now is to upgrade my side guns and hull armour (1 more lvl on hull armour will make the ship crazy strong)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Hull armour , broadside cannon and stroger round shot are the most important upgrade . Without that , you will get pawned by legendary ship .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hull armour , broadside cannon and stroger round shot are the most important upgrade . Without that , you will get pawned by legendary ship .

Yup true that.. Broadside cannon requires lot of looting to be done to aquire the whole set.

Hull armour is just one more upgrade away. I have the metal and wood, but thinking if I shud use it for broadside (300 metal) or upgrade hull armour to max it out. Any suggestion? Metal is hard to find.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Yup true that.. Broadside cannon requires lot of looting to be done to aquire the whole set.

Hull armour is just one more upgrade away. I have the metal and wood, but thinking if I shud use it for broadside (300 metal) or upgrade hull armour to max it out. Any suggestion? Metal is hard to find.

If you want to take legendary ship , then upgrading hull armour only will not help you much . it depends on the preference , but i upgraded hull armour and cannon side by side . One you get wanted meter high , the ship that comes to attack you have lot of metal part ( 100-180) . Before attacking any ship/enemy , see the content using spyglass .

IF it has material that you require for upgradating jackdaw , then take over that ship . If not , then just destroy it , you will still get the metal,wood , rum , but only half .

The mission where you have to find keys to loot plantation can also give you metal part in large quantity .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
If you want to take legendary ship , then upgrading hull armour only will not help you much . it depends on the preference , but i upgraded hull armour and cannon side by side . One you get wanted meter high , the ship that comes to attack you have lot of metal part ( 100-180) . Before attacking any ship/enemy , see the content using spyglass .

IF it has material that you require for upgradating jackdaw , then take over that ship . If not , then just destroy it , you will still get the metal,wood , rum , but only half .

The mission where you have to find keys to loot plantation can also give you metal part in large quantity .

I have unlocked every warehouse on the map I have seen so far and hull armour is just 1 step ahead, I got the large rounds maxed out. But now its the broadside cannons that are to be upgraded and Hull armour is 1 point away from maxing out (for which i have the resources already)

I am thinking of swimming to the legendary and take over the ship :p parking my poor Jackdraw long away.. May be out of vicinity of the legendary :p

Also, I have lot of money too with me but money cant buy you metal :p

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can even defeat any ship if you maintain your distance and keep on blasting it and not fall into its cannons or mortars line of fire.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I have unlocked every warehouse on the map I have seen so far and hull armour is just 1 step ahead, I got the large rounds maxed out. But now its the broadside cannons that are to be upgraded and Hull armour is 1 point away from maxing out (for which i have the resources already)

I am thinking of swimming to the legendary and take over the ship :p parking my poor Jackdraw long away.. May be out of vicinity of the legendary :p

Also, I have lot of money too with me but money cant buy you metal :p

But you cant take legendary ship like that . When you go near those ship , a small cutscene start . And you have only two option - to fight or to retreat , no stealth .

You can even defeat any ship if you maintain your distance and keep on blasting it and not fall into its cannons or mortars line of fire.

Indeed .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Oh yes we can.. But only point is we should take no hits which is wat is difficult when you dont have enough damage to finish off the ship faster and a fight with legendary ship is not a walk in the park.

But you cant take legendary ship like that . When you go near those ship , a small cutscene start . And you have only two option - to fight or to retreat , no stealth .

Ok now thats interesting.. Let me gather the fire power and i shall teach the legendary a lesson. :)

bippukt

In the zone
I can also confirm that you can only beat a legendary ship. Oh well, that will be possible when a full-fledged pirate game comes out :D

BTW, this game is awesome. I haven't played any AC game since the original, so I don't much care for the main story. But the graphics are awesome, the naval portion is a time sink. The only downside is that it is too easy, especially on land. Even if I am surrounded by 20 guards, I need not suffer any hit at all, unless somebody fires a bullet at me.

BTW, how evil and satisfying is it to shoot dead a brute when he is preparing to land a heavy attack on you? But even more fun is to shoot a berserker dart a guy with the long gun. He clears so many guards for me :twisted:

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Well am close to beating the game(Sequence 12) but still only 37% overall completion.There is sure a lot of side stuff to do but it gets boring after a while.Even sailing the seas and defeating ships also gets boring after a while.Overall a decent game but not great.Series needs a revamp.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Absolutely. It depends actually, some people might like it, all these pirate stuffs, but for me its nonsense. From first stage to last, all seemed same to me, its like playing a same mission over and over again!

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well am close to beating the game(Sequence 12) but still only 37% overall completion.There is sure a lot of side stuff to do but it gets boring after a while.Even sailing the seas and defeating ships also gets boring after a while.Overall a decent game but not great.Series needs a revamp.

Just 37% ? You have missed the great part / The thing about AC4 is tons of side activities , underwater treasure , Fort hunting , legendary ship hunting , animal hunting , treasure hunting , unlocking the map , Collecting shanky , doing Naval and assassin contract , upgrading ship etc .

Main story was meh , Honestly i dont want to play main mission any more ( i am on sequence 9), its a little dragging . But doing other stuff is lot more fun .

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Just 37% ? You have missed the great part / The thing about AC4 is tons of side activities , underwater treasure , Fort hunting , legendary ship hunting , animal hunting , treasure hunting , unlocking the map , Collecting shanky , doing Naval and assassin contract , upgrading ship etc .

Main story was meh , Honestly i dont want to play main mission any more ( i am on sequence 9), its a little dragging . But doing other stuff is lot more fun .
Sorry its actually 44%

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag‘s Freedom Cry DLC releases on December 17, 2013 for the Ps3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Confirmation for PC is awaited.

Top Bottom