AsRock & Biostar Motherboard Sellers in India

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
re: AsRock & Biostar Sellers in India

By wait do you mean like till next month or like not sure,..indefinitely?? :shock:
I can wait till march. :-?
BTW, How much did you pay for that board and from where??

I brought The P8Z68-V for Rs.12500/- from Lamington Road Mumbai......

AcceleratorX

Youngling

Any news on this??? I also want to buy Gen 3 Extreme 3 mobo to combo with 2500k. I am from Mumbai. Please update if there are any new details regarding the ASROCK motherboard's availability, pricing and Warranty. :-?

The best VFM at this time for motherboard remains the Biostar TZ68K+. If you want to buy a motherboard, take a look at that one instead.

(ASRock is good but has warranty concerns)

NHS2008

Broken In

The best VFM at this time for motherboard remains the Biostar TZ68K+. If you want to buy a motherboard, take a look at that one instead.

(ASRock is good but has warranty concerns)

I know that..but it lacks some future proof features...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ what is the use of truck load of features with only 1 year warranty - while investing in mobos one should at-least look for 3 years warranty - it's better to play safe ;-)

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz

Oh ****! I was getting it for 10500 two days back!
Good for you. I hope ASROCK Mobos lauch soon...

Cool.......I brought it in October.....Good Price you got.....But from where ???

AcceleratorX

Youngling

I know that..but it lacks some future proof features...

Like? It's GEN3, supports Ivy Bridge (with UEFI update), has SATA 6gbps and USB 3.0, packs rudimentary crossfire at x16+x4, supports Lucid Virtu, Smart Response and can use Intel's QuickSync with fully functional onboard graphics.

The only fault of that motherboard is the 4 USB ports at the back panel, but it's not something that's taking away its value (it does have a 3-year warranty).

Note: Don't get carried away by "accelerated" USB 3.0 and SATA performance claims by Asus or Asrock or any other vendor, the chips are mostly the same! The only real feature advantage I see for ASRock is Quad Crossfire and SLI support, but imagine the power bills with running 4 graphics cards on your PC :D

devx

Back on TDF :)

I think it's Z68 Pro3, not Extreme3 for 7100 rs. since that is the board advertised on the website. However, someone should check with Frontech to be sure. And yeah, 1 year warranty pretty much sucks.

(jupiter Int.-calcutta)They told me 8000 + Tax.,

Last edited:

NHS2008

Broken In

Like? It's GEN3, supports Ivy Bridge (with UEFI update), has SATA 6gbps and USB 3.0, packs rudimentary crossfire at x16+x4, supports Lucid Virtu, Smart Response and can use Intel's QuickSync with fully functional onboard graphics.

The only fault of that motherboard is the 4 USB ports at the back panel, but it's not something that's taking away its value (it does have a 3-year warranty).

Note: Don't get carried away by "accelerated" USB 3.0 and SATA performance claims by Asus or Asrock or any other vendor, the chips are mostly the same! The only real feature advantage I see for ASRock is Quad Crossfire and SLI support, but imagine the power bills with running 4 graphics cards on your PC :D

No, I was talking about the lack oF PCIE 3.0 on BIOSTAR at very similar price..

AcceleratorX

Youngling

No, I was talking about the lack oF PCIE 3.0 on BIOSTAR at very similar price..

TZ68A+ and TZ68K+ fully support PCIe 3.0, though it is not advertised on the motherboard box. See Biostar's website (news section) for details. :)

NHS2008

Broken In

TZ68A+ and TZ68K+ fully support PCIe 3.0, though it is not advertised on the motherboard box. See Biostar's website (news section) for details. :)

Thanks for that! So finally my i5 2500K dreams are looking possible!! :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks for that! So finally my i5 2500K dreams are looking possible!! :p
and your i5-2500k will provide the motherboard only PCIe 2.0 lanes which means, despite the fact that the motherboard *might* be PCIe 3.0 capable, it will only run at PCIe 2.0 because it has i5-2500k in it. :)

Need more light on this from Bostar. I have read their News.

They need to be clear like this: Gigabyte Sets Record Straight on PCIe 3.0 Support

:)

AcceleratorX

Youngling

^Note that this announcement came only after MSI pounced upon Gigabyte's claims of GEN3 support. You can bet the same would happen with Biostar. Yet, nobody has pounced yet and it's quite a long time since the announcement.

Put two and two together and the fact that Biostar's announcement is very honest about it's motherboards (take a look at that list where it says for some motherboards that only 1 of the PCIe slots will be GEN3 enabled), and it gives a pretty solid impression that Biostar isn't lying.

(Also, since this board supports only x16 + x4 crossfire, there are probably free lanes here that can be used to "emulate" PCIe 3.0 functionality, which is why I think both slots will be PCIe 3.0 enabled)

In any case, PCIe 3.0 is a non-issue at this point and nothing in the next generation will come close to utilizing that bandwidth.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ yup, pretty much true.

devx

And today as informed by Jupiter Int. Ltd.., ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen-3 mobo. is available in stock with a 3 years of Indian warranty and service center is Digicare.
So guys please i need your urgent help for which one to buy among:-

-ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen-3
-MSI Z68A GD55-(B3)

NHS2008

Broken In

And today as informed by Jupiter Int. Ltd.., ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen-3 mobo. is available in stock with a 3 years of Indian warranty and service center is Digicare.
So guys please i need your urgent help for which one to buy among:-

-ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen-3
-MSI Z68A GD55-(B3)

Out of them I will suggest Asrock.
Solid 8+4 vrm design. PCIE 3.0 support. Esata port
but MSI B3 has USB 3.0,
but will you tell me the prices or where can I see more details on the availability??

I've ordered MSI Z68A-GD65 G3.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

^ I would still vote for MSI because of the fact that extreme3's on & off quality with their boards. Although you will get 2x pci-e 3.0 slots there, I'll say avoid it.. + it have no usb3.0 header.
But if you think about extreme4 & gd55, then I'll suggest for extreme4 because of its better quality than gd55.

devx

@ NHS2008 >> contact: -Jupiter Int. Ltd., price is approx 8000 + Tax. for Z68 Extreme 3 Gen-3.

@ d6bmg >> Yup tht's correct no USB 3.0 Header but 2 is enough for me., and performance wise i opt for Extreme 4 but they told me there's no stock nor any order neither any chance till.....nobody knows & at present they have Extreme 3 & other 990FX Fatality boards.
I know about both of it's performance MSI GD55 & ASRock Extreme 3., so according to the situation what is your FINAL answer., hurry ??

Top Bottom