AskVG.com - The Ultimate Place for all Windows Tutorials, Tweaks, Themes & lots more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK Guys

The time has come to announce about my website:

*www.askvg.com/wp-content/uploads/AskVG_Logo.png

AskVG.com

Yes. After getting lots of suggestions for "AskVG" domain, finally I got it. Thanks to "Choto Cheeta" (Saurav Basu) who purchased it without letting me know about it and surprised me. He is a very nice person. He helped me a lot in seeting up the site. He arranged the webspace, installed all required things, etc. I can't forget his help. :)

Then its turn of "Navjot Singh". He helped me in installing all required plug-ins, setting up the sidebar and lots of. He was a tutor for me.

I can't describe in words how much these both guys helped me. If they were not with me, I could not launch the site. To be honest I could not think about the site. So hat off to both of them. It means a lot for me. I appreciate the help. :)

The things I did were creating the theme for the site. Which I didnt make from scratch. I took help from other themes and used them as a base but all the graphics are my own work. and of course the site material is mine. :D

I hope you guys will like the site and its contents. It was you who encouraged me to start a site and now its here in front of you all.

Thank you guys.

If you want then you can Digg it here:

*digg.com/tech_deals/Hacking_With_Vishal_Windows_Tutorials_Tweaks_Tips_n_Tricks_Themes_Etc

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
looks awesome .. .congratulations ... a small suggestion as of now u have the sections in the sidebar ... a link on the top by the name sections would be really good and also a deviantart plugin like on joejoe for ur gallery and then if some 1 wants to download or see full screen they go to ur gallery on devaintart

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Thanks Imav for your suggestions, your first suggestion definitely seems achievable.
Can you show example for your second suggestion?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
first post on this page ...

*www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=10507

and also out of curiosity what web management has been used ... seen a lot of such 'blog' based sited ....

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Wordpress backs AskVg.com but since Vishal wanted a static type website, so Wordpress has been tweaked to make it look as a static site.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok its afterall a blog based site :) ... static site :? whats dynamic in other wordpress blogs??

@shady: the forum goes to merawindows ....

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Nothing....But this one behaves as a static website. Vishal wanted a static one, but we ended up using Wordpress. :p
Dynamic websites have php queries and parse pages dynamically. This one does same but the look is of a static one.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o! that dynamic thingy :) ... i didnt know php queries are referred to as dynamic sites :) thanx for the info ...

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Ok...Imav...got your second suggestion as well. And just got lucky as found the only single deviant-art plugin for wordpress. Should be implemented by tomorrow.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Re: AskVG.com - The Ultimate Place for all Windows Tutorials, Tweaks, Themes & lots m

i love that glossy header...

P.S i got the following err
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.jocasta/vishal/vishal/wp-content/plugins/ddeviantart/ddeviantart.php on line 313

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
*img215.imageshack.us/img215/351/20070919160522sr5.jpg

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/4362/20070919160539wm1.jpg

The error isn't clearly visible unless you highlight it.:neutral:

Oh,and BTW what's that error for??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom