Votes: 69 63.3%
  • No way !

Votes: 40 36.7%

• Total voters

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
what do you call someone from africa? kaala or kaalu
what do you call someone who is mongoloid? chinki

if this is not racism, i dont know what is.

hey devil. **** i am a racist...

just to keep the mood light :D

*s2.favim.com/orig/37/funny-racist-this-Favim.com-302928.jpg

no offence krow, but i think of you as :

*cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/mr-motifake-october-challenge-mr-motifake-finds-an-lolmod-demotivational-poster-1255462975.jpg

Chetan1991

Youngling
Yes. It is basic animal behaviour to be suspicious and untrusting of something / someone you're not familiar with. That is the origin of racism. Every human is racist to a degree. You cannot judge it as a good or bad thing since the intrinsic nature of being wary of strangers is there for safety of one's own life / tribe / race / society. Only exposure to people from other countries, other races etc. can make one more trusting to them. Since most Indians have no or minimal exposure to the rest of the world, they are more wary of foreigners.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I stumbled across this well written article :

Indians, racist? Kabhi nahin | Newslaundry

In this article, A Washington Post article finds that India is the most racist country in the world on basis of a survey asking people to pick up group of people they would not want as neighbours. Though this survey could be flawed, but the author notes that the survey does not prove that we are not racists either. Through some might argue that India is more of a caste-ist society than racist, but our fore-fathers who implemented such methods perhaps themselves never knew the difference between castes and races.

Please have a go at the article and comment.

^ very interesting article.

Anyways, i was just thinking...for a nation with such diverse culture, where no particular group can be called "immigrant", we are a racist lot.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Apparently, "Indian" racism doesn't just exist in India :

India banned the caste system 60 years ago, but it lives on for many in Metro Vancouver

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Re: how to add a video from youtube

Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!

I personally prefer to use the Add Video buton. But if you want to use the Youtube tag, just paste the part after "v=" in the video URL.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
I think our mums have something to do with this. I've heard so many comments which are normal for us Indians but "OMG!" For outsiders.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
My neighbor lady (mid 40s) recently got PR in USA .She went for a job interview.She was almost sure in getting the job,but at the end of the interview someone tried to give her handshake ,she pulled her hand away.When asked she said he was a negro :lol: btw,she never got that job.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
My neighbor lady (mid 40s) recently got PR in USA .She went for a job interview.She was almost sure in getting the job,but at the end of the interview someone tried to give her handshake ,she pulled her hand away.When asked she said he was a negro :lol: btw,she never got that job.

I hope that old thoughts die with the old ones.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
that lady totally deserved it..
there's a bunch of african american students in our institution, they are pretty cool to hang out with

Top Bottom