Are We (Indians) Racists ?

Are you color conscious

• Sometimes

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • No way !

Votes: 40 36.7%

• Total voters
Though this issue never crops up when i have a talk with my Indian friends it almost always crops up in all my conversations with my friends abroad and leaves me very embarrassed .
Our Fair and Lovely Adverts are a standing joke abroad ..... It gives everybody the idea that Indians hate to be brown and desperately want to be pale skinned ! If you look at matrimonial sites/papers the discrimination is even more apparent

Heres a sample of what people think about our ads
//unable to post links ?:-o

Your opinions

Last edited:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Re: There is but one step from the sublime to the ridiculous.

^^^Don't you know what a forum is for?? :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

crawwww

Banned
First of all the options given for the poll are wrong. They shud be "yes" & a "no" not "sometimes" as given by u. And secondly a big yes. Indians are the most racist ppl in the world. Trust me. Just take a look at the conflicts dat have taken place in India in recent times, Attack against Biharis by Maharashtrians, revolts taking place in north eastern states & in Jammu and Kashmir, the supposed partition of Andhra Pradesh, attack on women by members of Sri Ram Sena, attacks on Christians, attacks on Muslims, attacks on Dalits in various parts of the country, the hooliganism shown by MPs in Parliament of a certain party when a supposed oath was not taken in the native language of the state, the Barbari Masjid demolition, the Godhra carnage, Hindu- Muslim riots in Mumbai,.... the list goes on. Even foreigners have not been spared. Look at the gruesome murder of the Australian, Graham Staines and his children in the name of religion. These are all different forms of racism in India. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel if u consider the achievements of certain ppl belonging to the minority in India. For eg. the former President Abdul Kalam (a Muslim), the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (a Sikh), Sonia Gandhi (an Italian Christian), the Khans of Bollywood, the pluralism shown in the players of the Indian cricket team, one of the richest Indians Azim Premji (a Muslim), Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Anju Bobby George, etc..... This shows dat India presents equal opportunities to ppl of all cultures, races and sex. So minor incidents of racism will happen and can't be avoided. We shud consider only the bigger picture and move with a positive mind to lead us to the path of development

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Aren't all humans racists in some way or the other? What's with the fuss? People who say they aren't racists are nothing but hypocrites.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
You got the tile Wrong.What you are talking is fascination with being fair.Not racism.
Its not that when foreigners comehere we hate them or cant stand them.
We just dont stand dark color something..few i mean..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every Indian will prefer marrying a 'gori' rather than 'kaali'.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Every Indian will prefer blaming himself and cowering under his dhoti. Its a long 1000 years of genetic effect which will require atleast 100 years to ward off the effect.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Many people say that ARYANS came from outside India. All rubbish. This was done by British. Actually in Sanskrit the word Aryans means elder people in a family. Even today in schools they teach the same rubbish things. What do all say about this.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I am racist. To add more, i wont allow my siblings to marry outside our community or against the wishes of the family; with this liberal and grown-up crap going around, parents spend heir money and time to give the best of lives to us and all we tend to do is ignore them. Even the courts have given judgement that parents have no say in their childrens lives when they acheive majority. Why not? If parents dump their new borns in wastebin, everyone brings love and cries horse; so imagine the feelings of the same parents who gets the finger.
:lol: What the hell :lol: The topic is racism, when one discriminates by colour :lol: and you are going off topic. Hello? :lol:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Even the courts have given judgement that parents have no say in their childrens lives when they acheive majority.
Actually to an extent I agree with this. This actually does give you the means of fighting back if the need arises. I'm not saying that its a boon but I do say that its a necessity.

Furthermore I think that the term racism is being taken a bit too broad.

Rahim

Married!
:lol: What the hell :lol: The topic is racism, when one discriminates by colour :lol: and you are going off topic. Hello? :lol:
Now that you are done with your making faces; go back to your Rafa slurping.;-)
Come back and post when you have something for this thread. Enough of you and your minion's shadowing.

Racism is a much wider concept than just fair and dark skin. Someone should have realized that before waving his hands to get noticed.

@fuzzy: No I wont.

@all: I see most of the comments not touching the core; just by-passing with a general comment and i agree completely with Sorcerer.

@FilledVoid: Racism in India is not solely on skin colour; its all about caste and dont tell me fair skinned people are not in low caste families.

MCDC

Broken In
Every Indian will prefer marrying a 'gori' rather than 'kaali'.

sorry dude !! i wont mind if she's black or white. All i need is intelligence, care towards my child(this aint
racism)
But all of us must agree that we indians are racist in a way.
the root of this problem is Money.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@FilledVoid: Racism in India is not solely on skin colour; its all about caste and dont tell me fair skinned people are not in low caste families.

I don't recall writing anything about skin color. All I said is I definitely support the court ruling and I think its a necessity. As far as racial prejudice goes I would believe that it involves comparisons based on your origin or the race you believe you descend from.

And again I don't think caste arrogance is the main cause of racism in India . I believe its pure ignorance and stupidity. That's just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom