Are these temperatures fine?

These are my CPU temperatures and volts in idle ( booted up into bios 10 minutes earlier ):

Temps:

*i.imgur.com/mu5aY.png

Volts:

*i.imgur.com/Br2hG.png

Note: My ambient room temperature must be around 40 degrees..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bios can't show actual idle temp - Bios puts sme loads on cpu and that's why the temp bios shows is higher than idle temp - for eg. while in bios 955BE shows temps of 45c but the actual idle temp using HWmonitor/HWinfo is around 36-38c - while in bios no cpu power saving feature works as Bios puts moderate loads on cpu .

@ OP - to reduce temps you can try reducing cpu volt.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even i had around 50c-55c with my i5. I think its due to this weather.
What are temps today? Its a cool weather today.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Temps are 45-46 in bios now.. its raining :D

Ok guys, here are my idle and load temps( after 2 hours of FEAR 3 @ ultra ):

Idle:

*i.imgur.com/YLDHF.png

Load(after heavy gaming):

*i.imgur.com/Z2RDN.png

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
vcore doesn't get reduced in BIOS... it jumps back to 1.475V if I touch it. ASUS AI Suite allows me to undervolt.. but most of the games crash and bsod occurs if that software is installed..and moreover.. with asus ai suite the fan doesnt spin above 4500RPM whereas after installing it the fans spin at 5500+ RPM when temps reach 60

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Hey Arjun, I live in Orissa too and temp is unbearable for me as well as my pc :/

Ambient temp is 38-40C but my CPU idles at 51C with Hyper 212 EVO installed :/ Too bad, looks like screw might've loosened. I'm using Antec Diamond 6 compound. I've 6 x 120mm fans in my case. All good ones.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the paste that comes with Hyper 212 Evo is also god - try using that if you are going to remount 212 Evo.

vcore doesn't get reduced in BIOS... it jumps back to 1.475V if I touch it. ASUS AI Suite allows me to undervolt.. but most of the games crash and bsod occurs if that software is installed..and moreover.. with asus ai suite the fan doesnt spin above 4500RPM whereas after installing it the fans spin at 5500+ RPM when temps reach 60

now I remember you've opened a thread for this vcore issue.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
^^ Yea buddy, no one replies there, and this issue was also different so I opened another thread, played MW3 today, temps were 52C at load, played GTA 4, 59C at load, played BF3, 60C at load, are these OK ? vcore is 1.4V

BTW temps while AC is on: *i.imgur.com/YlkSW.png

dibya_kol

In the zone
i can't see any heat issues in there, temps are fine. No need to mess up with anything, leave everything as default.
And in bios you always get more temp than desktop.
BTW aren't u r using any aftermarket cpu cooler ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ acc to the screenshot ( post no. 14 ) your +12V is showing only 11.58V which is not a good sign ( and this may be the reason non changeable cpu vcore ) - check bios for correct +12v reading and post it here.

Top Bottom