Applications are not Opening!!!

buddyram

New Voyage
Hi folks,

My PC was working fine till yesterday morning. Later in the evening, when I switched on my PC, everything was fine till the login page from bootup. But after logging i am not able to open any application! Even it is not detecting the flash drives which i insert.

I had installed the Quick Heal Antivirus along with few Anti Spyboot to detect the malware & spywares.

Now i am not able to run those anti virus software also. I am in a total tormoil!
Please anybody would suggest me the solution!

regards
ramesh

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which OS you are using - Win7 or Winxp ?
What changes you have made before this issue occurred ?

Try using System Restore but if it fails - do a complete format of your HDD and reinstall OS again with updated drivers.

paroh

Padawan
Scan ur computer with the bootable cd or usb with kaspersky rescue cd
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 Download

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
HI Folk,

S I restored my PC in safe mode back to couple of days. Now it is well and fine.

ThanX topgear & Paroh

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Which OS you are using - Win7 or Winxp ?
What changes you have made before this issue occurred ?

Try using System Restore but if it fails - do a complete format of your HDD and reinstall OS again with updated drivers.

Is buying an anti-virus software or anti-spybots with full version is inevitable to protect the PC from viruses & malvares OR will the trial versions which i get thru NET or thru DIGIT will do the job?

plz revert to this

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Free version + antispyware + little commonsense & precaution >>> paid Internet Security or Pro AVs. also remember, without updates, its Kaspersky or Calmwin. virus will enter your PC.

gk2k

gkbhat.blogspot.com
Is buying an anti-virus software or anti-spybots with full version is inevitable to protect the PC from viruses & malvares OR will the trial versions which i get thru NET or thru DIGIT will do the job?

plz revert to this

I think a LITTLE COMMONSENSE is enough for preventing viruses and malwares :-o I have used Win XP connected to internet, used by many people without viruses for 2 years(1 year without reinstalling the OS) and now I have Win7 working fine for the last one and half years without a antivirus and reinstallation.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

plz revert to this

I use this combination Avira Antivir Free+Comodo+MalwareBytes Antimalware + Regular Windows Critical/Security Updates and this combo kept me safe so far though as other's have said your role is the key factor to keep your PC free from malicious apps.

Top Bottom