Apple iphone 5 Is Finally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^ Hell yea!
I'm really sad, disappointed! Was expecting something much much better, but no, none delivered! Damn it. Frankly the phone is targeted for previous iPhone owners, but for people like me, who are using 1 GB RAM and a Dual Core CPU phone with a bigger screen, why would one find that hardware worth upgrading?
Looks like I'll have to keep using this poor Android again!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^ Hell yea!
I'm really sad, disappointed! Was expecting something much much better, but no, none delivered! Damn it. Frankly the phone is targeted for previous iPhone owners, but for people like me, who are using 1 GB RAM and a Dual Core CPU phone with a bigger screen, why would one find that hardware worth upgrading?
Looks like I'll have to keep using this poor Android again!
Dude, dont go on specs! iPhone is not an android device. It requires less requirement and outperforms better. Practically it is faster experience than any android phone.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Dude, dont go on specs! iPhone is not an android device. It requires less requirement and outperforms better. Practically it is faster experience than any android phone.
Yea, that's correct. The main concern for me is the screen size, I mean it's really hard to go down by 0.3 inches. Does anyone know the CPU and GPU details, I mean architecture, core, clock rates etc? Can't find them anywhere !!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
disappointing huh? those slamming it, can you detail what is missing ?
one thing that they could have gotten rid of was that ugly belly button - the one home button is so old fashioned now, check out the discreet sensor buttons on a Sony Xperia (S or U) - that is soo much better
*i.imgur.com/hMVxB.jpg

diff cdma/gsm versions, letterboxing of existing apps both not cool

Hrishi

These days People consider devices(smartphones) with highest hardware configuration to be the best and most VFM in the market. :(
But this is Not true always.

R2K

In the Zone
@Abhi191
Nice share dude :rofl:

Exactly what is happening nowadays. Not just with iphones but almost every gadget out there !! :D

Hrishi

^well , I am not an Apple fanboi , neither I like them(in fact I hate their monopoly).But I do like the quality and standard of their products .They are worth every penny(In India they are quite expensive due to duties and taxes).
For anti-apple droid fanbois , Its just like saying that a 3000Cc mahindra car is better than a 2000Cc Ferrari or Lamborghini,/Porsche , because its 1000CC lesser than former. And costs almost thrice due to taxes.

Lol , I just now saw that video share by abhi , .....can't stop laaughing......ahahha .:lol:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Some people think phone with the highest price is better, which is not true always either.

Btw, Nokia lumia 920 wp8 phone has higher resolution and PPI and will be cheaper than the latest iPhone. So all retina lovers should also have look at that before buying blindly. And yes, the camera on that thing is no contest, wish it ran android :( .

Hrishi

Nokia Lumia 920 is yet another brilliant piece , which was also misjudged at launch , since people were expecting a high-res camera sensor and maybe some even wanted a quad-core saying that high-end androids have quad-core , why not nokia ?? . [ wp8 phones too are very efficient , unlike androids ]. Haven't tested them practically yet. :(

^^ Some people think phone with the highest price is better, which is not true always either.

:( .

Completely Agree.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I read somewhere that ios and Wp7 run the ui thread on highest priority that's why you never notice any lag in UI. But this implementation makes multitasking inefficient, hence the reason of android ui lag in some cases but better true multitasking.
I have used ics and jb on new phones/tablets, UI is as fluid as any other OS out there.

Btw, nfc would have made the iphone thicker. May be that's why they didn't decide to include it. I am sure there will be a variant soon with nfc.

Hrishi

But Apples cost almost twice their original price in India. In US its just around 450-500$ unlocked. There are more expensive phones than IP4s in US.

^^With JB there has been improvement.

Flash

Lost in speed
In US,
iPhone 4S is now $99 with a two-year contract.
iPhone 5 16GB is $199, the 32GB is $299 and the 64GB is $399, all with a two-year contract.

iPhone 3GS production will be stopped soon.
Does that mean iPhone4 will be provided in India with the 2-yr contract,as aircel do now with 3GS?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
cant compare with cars, it is not the same thing, if you do compare with cars, then apple has some new kind of car where you have to pay every time you change the gears, and the boot space is infinite because apple mysteriously clears unused pillows, tissues, umbrellas, slippers and the like automatically, the car decides for you when to keep the air conditioner on, and you are not allowed to choose that yourself, and the radio only works in some countries... can go on and on, just dont compare because it makes no sense
it's not luxury, it's not a vertu or a cartier, and even samsung had a samsung armani, so that's a totally diff market and the iphone is not in that market
there is a difference between saying its expensive and hate apple for no other reason than that, and understanding that yes, iphones are overpriced because the margins on an iphone is more than the margins on an ipad. at least their pricing is so consistent that nobody is surprised.
till the 3GS and the 4, apple was consistently delivering new stuff, now they seem to have run out of things to replace. think about it this way, this one device is a camera, ebook reader, pmp, gaming console (through airplay), watch... all in all worth more than the price of having one phone. it's replacing every other thing we may think of buying, the app store is still why they are going strong, would jump ship if droids had a similarly active store
also these devices are not delicate darlings, laugh at people who use casings and covers on their idevices, these beautiful devices are meant to be used naked, and they are pretty sturdy, you can forget you have one of these in your back pocket and it will emerge just fine, don't even worry about them when it is drizzling lightly, people said "this is apple, not watermelon"
and what monopoly, they have no monopoly
these devices are meant to be used for a long time, please, the 3gs will still get the next software update, half the droids in the market right now don't run the latest version, and forget about how long the software support will last
also

xperia iphone
*i.imgur.com/Lfjlj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom