Apple iphone 5 Is Finally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Who cares about hardware specs? Afaik Galaxy SIII still doesn't have a Jelly Bean update in India. All Apple products get day 1 updates. Besides, ios apps are much better than Android counterparts.

Too many anti-Apple trolls on this forum. Look beyond hardware please, user experience matters the most. And needless to say, ios wins in that department. Windows Phone is good competition, Android is good once you remove all the crapware on the phone.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unimpressed lol.

More excited about Lumia 920 and Nokia's comeback.

Krow

Crowman
I'm looking forward to Windows Phone 8 and the new Lumias. The iPhone is near the end of its evolution. Nothing can "impress" people much anymore. Retina was the last impressive feature.

PS: I want to take a look at the mini iPad more than anything else.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The A6 chip in iphone 5 seems to be having a dual core cpu with A15 Cores which is a completely new architecture than A9.

It should beat the quadcore exynos A9 of s3 out of the water. The gpu is from the A5X chip i.e powerVR sgx 544 mp(quad).
Thanks for beating me Vicky ;)

*www.anandtech.com/show/6292/iphone-5-a6-not-a15-custom-core

*www.anandtech.com/show/6297/iphone-5-memory-size-and-speed-revealed-1gb-lpddr21066

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hmm now some guys gonna get into defensive mode since the A6 chip isn't A15 but Arm V7 custom. Also the GPU is SGX543mp overclocked not the SGX544.

In short, Iphone 5 is less powerful than New Ipad.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^why would anyone expect the phone's SoC to be better than the pads? the pad is so much bigger

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@randomuser-
In short, even my mom won't compare an iPad and iPhone!
And just outta curiosity I'd like to know what device do you use? Have you ever owned an iPhone before or have plan to own one?
If none of the above relates to you then why are you bothering here, seriously, dude? This is an iPhone 5 discussion topic, not an iPhone bashing one, there are plenty of those out there in that stupid XDA, which will even credit you with some thanks by plethora of kids out there and leave this topic clean.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
@Anorion

We are talking about Iphone and Ipad, not Iphone and Macbook Pro. Tablets and smartphones use same chipsets. If the A6 was indeed a true Cortex A15 architecture based chip it would definitely have outperformed the new Ipad.

@ithehappy

Indeed it is. This is the Iphone 5 discussion thread not Iphone 5 owners lounge, so you better not stop anyone from posting here. And why are you being so defensive ? This isn't Apple Official forum that you need to be so wary of anyone criticizing Apple. And I don't see what made you think I was bashing Iphone. I wasn't, all I said was Apple missed the boat with Iphone 5 and came out with virtually nothing new and exciting.

If you disagree with me on that, I wouldn't wanna argue further with an Apple fanboy who doesn't wanna accept any criticism whatsoever.

And yea you need go do some more research on tablet/smartphone chipsets before saying "In short, even my mom won't compare an iPad and iPhone!"

Just because Apple doesn't let the Iphone be as powerful as the Ipad doesn't mean the Ipad uses some revolutionary "huge" chipset or a x86 architecture Intel chipset which just cannot be fitted inside an Iphone.

So next time do get your facts right.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ithehappy

Indeed it is. This is the Iphone 5 discussion thread not Iphone 5 owners lounge, so you better not stop anyone from posting here. And why are you being so defensive ? This isn't Apple Official forum that you need to be so wary of anyone criticizing Apple. And I don't see what made you think I was bashing Iphone. I wasn't, all I said was Apple missed the boat with Iphone 5 and came out with virtually nothing new and exciting.

If you disagree with me on that, I wouldn't wanna argue further with an Apple fanboy who doesn't wanna accept any criticism whatsoever.

And yea you need go do some more research on tablet/smartphone chipsets before saying "In short, even my mom won't compare an iPad and iPhone!"

Just because Apple doesn't let the Iphone be as powerful as the Ipad doesn't mean the Ipad uses some revolutionary "huge" chipset or a x86 architecture Intel chipset which just cannot be fitted inside an Iphone.

So next time do get your facts right.
I'm not a fanboy of ANYTHING, I'm not being defensive, why the hell would I be anyway! I did get my fact right. But I'm not the one who pops up anywhere to chatter. And of course you were bashing Apple, that's what you're doing for sometime now. Whether you accept it or not, it's irrelevant.
You guys accept a hotchpotch Android happily, but when it comes to a product of your dislike then that just needs to be ultimate, that's the story I'm seeing for so long and in fact tired of.
Anyway, I'm ending this OT blabbering here.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I'm not a fanboy of ANYTHING, I'm not being defensive, why the hell would I be anyway! I did get my fact right. But I'm not the one who pops up anywhere to chatter. And of course you were bashing Apple, that's what you're doing for sometime now. Whether you accept it or not, it's irrelevant.
You guys accept a hotchpotch Android happily, but when it comes to a product of your dislike then that just needs to be ultimate, that's the story I'm seeing for so long and in fact tired of.
Anyway, I'm ending this OT blabbering here.

You hate android because you bricked your phone... thats why you hate XDA and bad-mouth all custom ROMs...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hold on, what? :eek: Bricked my phone? How can you just make stuffs up dude?
And I bad mouth xda because it's the meanest place I've seen, I don't like Custom ROMs because I feel they are completely unneeded and I hate Android for plenty of reasons!
Let's just stop this OT, shall we?

oval_man

Journeyman
After all,phone is a phone......! All companies earn by making us fight!

Start enjoying!

I think I'll buy iPhone 30!

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/download.jpg

Enjoy!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Start off with a new thread when you get something sensible to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom