Apple all set to expand more: Bad news?

roady

Digital Marketer
Maneesh Dhir, Sanjay Kaul: The men behind Apple's sudden surge in India - Economic Times

----

So, Apple is all set to expand here in India. Will the hatred increase or will it eventually subside over the years?

Sarcasm aside, this is pretty interesting news. The speed at which Apple is growing here, despite selling what-you-call a 3 year old product, is astounding. India might still lack 'content' but Apple is pushing iTunes pretty hard in India now.
And now they're planning to do with iPad and iMACs as well. Are we ready to sell our current tabs and windows devices?!

Krow

Crowman
I'd gladly swap my netbook for a MacBook Air. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhones, but the two-year-old iPhone 4 is still on par with or better than other devices in the 19k range. It's not like the phone is junk, iOS updates are available for it even today.

Tablet buyers pretty much have no other choice. The iPad is the best tablet in the market.

MacBooks are much better than most ultrabooks. The iMac is a good alternative to branded desktops. Assembled PCs are awesome, but confusing for most people.

All Apple needs to do is try and bring prices closer to US rates, but I know that's not happening. ;-)

Imacs are good products but not at the price they retail at it India. Even if they were available al lower prices, no computer enthusiest would buy them because of lack support for latest games.

Imacs are good products but not at the price they retail at it India. Even if they were available al lower prices, no computer enthusiest would buy them because of lack support for latest games.

noob

Cyborg Agent
I'd gladly swap my netbook for a MacBook Air. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhones, but the two-year-old iPhone 4 is still on par with or better than other devices in the 19k range. It's not like the phone is junk, iOS updates are available for it even today.

Tablet buyers pretty much have no other choice. The iPad is the best tablet in the market.

MacBooks are much better than most ultrabooks. The iMac is a good alternative to branded desktops. Assembled PCs are awesome, but confusing for most people.

All Apple needs to do is try and bring prices closer to US rates, but I know that's not happening. ;-)

Even i would love to trade my netbook for a MacBook Air.

However, I disagree with Apple update logic here. Whats the point of providing latest OS update to iPhone 4 when it wont get even a single feature ?

Krow

Crowman
Even i would love to trade my netbook for a MacBook Air.

However, I disagree with Apple update logic here. Whats the point of providing latest OS update to iPhone 4 when it wont get even a single feature ?

What features are missing on iPhone 4? Siri is the only one I can think of and that isn't full-featured in India anyway. No Android phone in the 19k range gets updates until at least 6 months after release. The iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 on Day 1. That makes a big difference.

Well iMacs are not built for gamers. In media houses and the printing, publishing industry, designers love their iMacs. The display is pretty good and the entire unit takes up less space, which is vital in cluttered offices.

root.king

geek in action
No Android phone in the 19k range gets updates until at least 6 months after release.
Please don't compare any droid with an iphone, coz at costomization level offer their is no iproduct near the droid,
(gts5360 with android 4.1 maybe next update also keylimepy )

noob

Cyborg Agent
What features are missing on iPhone 4? Siri is the only one I can think of and that isn't full-featured in India anyway. No Android phone in the 19k range gets updates until at least 6 months after release. The iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 on Day 1. That makes a big difference.

apple maps , panoramic photo feature, shared reminders, no wifi plus cellular, and no streaming to itunes match music and few others.

I think for older devices, only core OS is updated so that existing 3rd party apps & new ones will continue to work as intended.

nikufellow

In the zone
Please don't compare any droid with an iphone, coz at costomization level offer their is no iproduct near the droid,
(gts5360 with android 4.1 maybe next update also keylimepy )

Lmao gts5360 is if i remember right Samsung galaxy y– when did sgy get 4.1??? It doesn't even have a usable ics official/unofficial port yet :rolleyes: and you are talking of keylimepie! Droid still stuck on ginger bread! - great example to show apple sucks :p
Edit : no offense meant nor am i comparing iPhones to sgy just wanted you to realise that you are a bit misinformed!

Last edited:

root.king

geek in action
Lmao gts5360 is if i remember right Samsung galaxy y– when did sgy get 4.1??? It doesn't even have a usable ics official/unofficial port yet :rolleyes: and you are talking of keylimepie! Droid still stuck on ginger bread! - great example to show apple sucks :p
Edit : no offense meant nor am i comparing iPhones to sgy just wanted you to realise that you are a bit misinformed!

This is wt I got with my 2.3.6android sgy think wt happens if it got 4.1
*picasaweb.google.com/102307325266258681423/CODV142Sbg
*picasaweb.google.com/102307325266258681423/CodMix

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

But you won't.

As your chipset isn't the most popular one around and nor is Samsung known to release sources

My Dell XCD35 beats the crap out of your phone and it has CM10.1 aka 4.2.2

Also there are MUCH MUCH better phones out there under 19k range than SGY thank you very much

nikufellow

In the zone

Yup exactly like I assumed its just a themed gingerbread rom not android 4.0/4.1. Read your post above what you said implied or at least it felt to me that you were saying sgy got 4.1 which afaik hasn't happened till date either officially or unofficially through roms nor does it seem a possibility in near future. But let's not go off topic here these are not related to OP's post

root.king

geek in action
Yup exactly like I assumed its just a themed gingerbread rom not android 4.0/4.1. Read your post above what you said implied or at least it felt to me that you were saying sgy got 4.1 which afaik hasn't happened till date either officially or unofficially through roms nor does it seem a possibility in near future. But let's not go off topic here these are not related to OP's post

Yes themed ,then wt u want
*picasaweb.google.com/102307325266258681423/Avi
in droid everything is an app so basically everything is customizable,
does siri works on i4
*mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-...ofit-drop-in-decade-as-iphone-slows-tech.html

*mobiles.pricedekho.com/mobiles/samsung/galaxy-s2-i9100-price-p1ZDC.html

*mobiles.pricedekho.com/mobiles/apple/iphone-4-8gb-price-p2eUc.html

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ios updates are topsy turvy, all models had siri as an app till it was introduced as an os feature
Google maps went away and came back

Top Bottom