App issues with the Xperia P

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello
I am new to android and just got my Xperia P
I had a few problems:
1. As soon as I launch FlipBoard, it starts blinking and a black screen starts flashing and it eventually crashes.
2. Angry birds space crashes as soon as launched.
3. *IMP* I tried to play some 720p movies but they stutter a lot. I used MXplayer and the H/W Decoder wasnt available. I wanted to know is there a way I can make Divx files run on a Mali GPU phone WITH H/W acc.?
Please help me if you can. First 2 problems arnt really an issue, I guess Ill wait for updates and stuff, I just want my 3rd problem to be solved asap!
Thanks!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Sadly, it's a problem that only good custom ROMS can fix... Maybe one day Sony will issue an update to fix your problems.

I am on a cheap Android phone, LG.Optimus One, but never faced any problems. Flipboard works fine. Angry Birds Space runs smooth. Racing Thunder 2 is great...

Android is in a sad state right now... Disappointing...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Most phones come with unoptimized crappy ports of Android...

If a bunch of programmers can make awesome ROMs like CM9 and AOKP, why can't these huge corporations like Sony which have huge development budgets.

Can you believe Xperia P is still on Gingerbread? Even newer Sony phones being released today, like Xperia Ion, are still running Gingerbread... All this while ICS has been released for 9 months now, and Jellybean will be coming out next month...

If it wasn't for Cyanogenmod team, my phone would be a piece of crap... This has to change if Android really wants to compete with iOS and WP8 in the future...

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Most phones come with unoptimized crappy ports of Android...

If a bunch of programmers can make awesome ROMs like CM9 and AOKP, why can't these huge corporations like Sony which have huge development budgets.

Can you believe Xperia P is still on Gingerbread? Even newer Sony phones being released today, like Xperia Ion, are still running Gingerbread... All this while ICS has been released for 9 months now, and Jellybean will be coming out next month...

If it wasn't for Cyanogenmod team, my phone would be a piece of crap... This has to change if Android really wants to compete with iOS and WP8 in the future...
True that!
Well I hope the ICS update fixes the problems. UCS for Xperia S was released just a few days back!

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
I had no problems with Flipboard and Angry birds space on my Xperia S running GB, even on ICS they run without any issue.
I suggest you try a factory reset once.

As for the third issue, try Dice player. Dice player supports HW decoding and you will also have Bravia Engine working with it. BE doesn't work with MX player for some reason.

X-jo

Broken In
^
I had no problems with Flipboard and Angry birds space on my Xperia S running GB, even on ICS they run without any issue.
I suggest you try a factory reset once.

As for the third issue, try Dice player. Dice player supports HW decoding and you will also have Bravia Engine working with it. BE doesn't work with MX player for some reason.

btw he has issues with Xperia P not Xperia S

techlover

In the zone
there is also a thread in sony forum regarding this ..sony has also replied to it ...see here
Main: problems with xperia p

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
They did reply to it but Im not so sure Ill be sending the phone off to sony any time soon. They take months to repair the phone. Any one else who can help me out?

techlover

In the zone
well atleast u can go and try if they replace yours?...see that thread many people get it replaced and foind no problems at all :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes I asked a couple of P owners and they all have no issues with Flipboard and/or Angry birds space.

@theletterD

Can you try factory reset once ? OR else you can wait till ICS update is made available. It will out in a few days, apparently already out in Japan and China.

rider

as Kratos
Try factor reset, it is common problem in sony/se phones, I had X10 and I faced this problem too.. apps crashes or hang after opening.

Is it true that Mali 400 GPU in Xperia Sola & Xperia P is underclocked?

This Mali-400 is downgraded dual core version unlike mainstream quad core versions in S2 & S3.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
single core and its known as ARM Mali-400 MP1 whereas the MP4 version is found in Exynos. The clock is definitely raised else performance will be extremely low.

Top Bottom