Anyone Here Use IDM?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey, anyone here use IDM?

I have noticed a stange problem when using IDM.

TDF page gets blank when using IDM. I have to refresh number of times to get the page.

Here's a screenshot :
*i.imgur.com/sLlwVH4.jpg

As you can see in the above image, 3 Tabs of TDF didn't load. I have to keep refreshing them until they loads :(

Well it may seems idiotic, but I have noticed the same in my home pc, office pc and another laptop from office too.

When I didn't have IDM installed it was working fine, even after uninstalling IDM, it started working fine.

So I came into a conclusion that this problem is only with IDM.

Also another strange thing is, this thing only happens with TDF, not any other forums.

Anyone have any idea regarding this?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Google chrome tendency to go blank while switching in multiple tabs or sometime in single tabs to.
another thing could be that yo uare downloading too much and browser doesn't gets much bandwidth so check that.
i'm using IDM 6.6 no issue except it's not downloading videos from youtube ); file not found error.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Google chrome tendency to go blank while switching in multiple tabs or sometime in single tabs to.
another thing could be that yo uare downloading too much and browser doesn't gets much bandwidth so check that.
i'm using IDM 6.6 no issue except it's not downloading videos from youtube ); file not found error.

No. I'm not downloading anything. And as I mentioned, this is not just the case with my Home PC. It's same on my Office PC and Office Laptop too.

So I thought it may be some issue with IDM Extension on Chrome or IDM itself.

As I already said, if I uninstall IDM, everything seems to be fine.

I'm using IDm and I'm not facing any such issue. maybe updating chrome and idm can solve the issue.

Both Chrome and IDM is updated on all the PC's still facing the issue.

Looks like I have to live without IDM :(

Don't know what's causing this.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
trying disabling all addons except IDM n java in chrome. my firefox IDM addon version is 7.3.48 which is latest i think.

sohan_92

In the zone
Most of time my browser(mozilla) shows "encoding error" or mixed page source file whenever I tries to access TDF... is it due to IDM ?!

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Tried mozilla?

Tried mozilla?

Yeah Working fine on other Browsers.

trying disabling all addons except IDM n java in chrome. my firefox IDM addon version is 7.3.48 which is latest i think.

+1..
Try disabling Chrome extension in IDM options

Yeah. Will do that. Thanks.

Most of time my browser(mozilla) shows "encoding error" or mixed page source file whenever I tries to access TDF... is it due to IDM ?!

View attachment 11134

I have faced this issue sometimes.

Maybe adding HTML file is IDMs exceptions may work.

Yeah. Seems legit.

ratul

█████████████████
is it really idm??? :shock:
i too get frequent problems while opening TDF, but i always thought it to be a DNS problem, like page not getting loaded properly, but it corrects itself after 1-2 refreshes:
*i.imgur.com/RpVh535.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Ek87FAn.jpg

mostly problem is with TDF only, though sometimes Google also faces this problem, like search text bar appearing just like a small box i upper left corner.. :(
I'm using Firefox with updated IDM..

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Using IDM, works fine for me. May be you should remove browser support from settings and check again. To confirm if it is really IDM issue. Ya, TDF made my OS hang in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS sometime back.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah. The issue is only with Chrome. Firefox runs fine. But I don't wish to switch my Browser Preference. I can live without IDM.

Top Bottom