Anyone having fixed IP address in MTNL 256 unlimited plan in Delhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
u get better torrent and download speeds...u can subscribe to private trackers...which reward u as u upload and download...and best of all u get to host ur own private dedicated server for games:D:D:D

prateek_san said:
dude....we have a lot of proxy servers to do that thing...but why take useless headache for a doing silly things when the ISP is providing Dynamic IP......

btw if u know any better solution for using Rapid..then pls free to share ur knowledge with us....

Dude, what makes you think that having a dynamic IP is better to access rapidshare?

Besides, how many times are you going to restart your modem to get a new IP? And what makes you think that the IP you are going to get when you reboot/reset has not been used by another user to already access rapidshare??:D

Trying to use dynamic IP with rapidshare is just a gamble and a total waste of time.

As far as static IP's are concerned, the list of goodies never ends, describing all of them is beyond the scope of this post. Do a google for yourself and find it out.

lol.."I'm new to the internet".. still can't stop lauging....lol:D

gaurav_indian said:
Customer care guys at MTNL are saying that its by mistake you have got the static ip.

You get, you don't get thing is going to be there in India for some more time because no one knows whether they really require a static IP or not and companies hardly bother to educate people on this.

For certain unlimited plans, from the above mentioned posts, it clear that, if you ask for it, you get it, if you get it without asking, you are lucky, if you don't get it at all even after asking, then it's just a case of bad customer service and uneducated technicians.

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
uneducated technicians!!.......who says even one of them is educated in the first. place....i wanted to ask them how do i configure it with my router....blank...i say i have a static ip and i want to configure it with my router...*sir we do not have static IP available* ...chichik..line dead....thts how it went...but i figured it out some how....and started my own dedicated server...:D:D

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I have MTNL unlimited connection and it does come with Static IP ... damn thing made me move from Rapidshare to finding torrents for everything I have to download :mad:

Yeah you have proxies but they kill the speed .. if you know some which don't do lemme know ... :cool:

And about MTNL technicians they'r amazing creatures .... recently they had some problem with their DNS servers (Most MTNL users should know) when I called them to inform they promised me some technician will come to my place to restart their servers :!: thank god no fool showed up :smile:

^^^ lol...:D

Anyways, for those of you searching around for torrents, there is one site that gives you genuine torrents. It's called torrentspy, do a search and find the address, I don't want to post it here and later get barred saying I spoke about piracy!!:D

Anyways, that site gives you genuine no virus/spyware torrents. Read the comments before you dowload anything to make sure what you download works the way you want, if no comments, don't take the chance of downloading.

There are a few other ways in which you can access rapidshare other than through proxy servers. Do a google and find it out coz again, I don't want to post it here...

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
@Help~Is~Here

ur saying that wats the possibility of getting an free IP in rapidshare with dynamic IP....now im asking the same kinda question to u ..wats the possibility of getting an Free IP with some Proxy with ur static IP....??

btw u dont need to restart ur modem evrytime..just disconnect and reconnect the adsl wire..it hardly take 10-20 secs for getting a new IP...

for getting speeds...u cant get more Speed than the ISP is providing to u by using static IP...i dont thing .. i get cosntant speed around 26-29 KBps in both torrent and also in regular downloads....yeah about starting a server for that reason static IP is better........

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Ambar said:
u get better torrent and download speeds...u can subscribe to private trackers...which reward u as u upload and download...and best of all u get to host ur own private dedicated server for games:D:D:D

i have dynamic ip. could that be a reason why after downloading and uploading approx 2gb, my demonoid account still shows up and down 0kb??

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
xbonez said:
i have dynamic ip. could that be a reason why after downloading and uploading approx 2gb, my demonoid account still shows up and down 0kb??

thts exactly the reason....:p:p

prateek_san said:
@Help~Is~Here

ur saying that wats the possibility of getting an free IP in rapidshare with dynamic IP....now im asking the same kinda question to u ..wats the possibility of getting an Free IP with some Proxy with ur static IP....??

btw u dont need to restart ur modem evrytime..just disconnect and reconnect the adsl wire..it hardly take 10-20 secs for getting a new IP...

for getting speeds...u cant get more Speed than the ISP is providing to u by using static IP...i dont thing .. i get cosntant speed around 26-29 KBps in both torrent and also in regular downloads....yeah about starting a server for that reason static IP is better........

Read what I wrote properly, I never wrote a word asking anyone to use proxy server for rapidshare as most of the proxy servers are already blocked. Don't misquote me!!

if the second para is something to what i said, then I never said anything about getting better speeds with static IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom