Any problems with any desktop brands?

Zinc Vision

Broken In
Hi guys.
I want to know all your opinions on desktop brands such as HP, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, etc

I've heard problems with each of them.
HP with it's power button

Dell with it's broken components (or was this HP?) and it's bad customer service.

I want to know your experience and what you think about these brands

saswat23

Human Spambot
My ranking:
1. DELL
2. HP/Compaq
3. Lenovo
4. Acer
5. HCL

I dont think branded PCs have any such problem u have mentioned. If its so, then that would be the case with only few no.s.
The only drawback is branded companies charge a lot for the same components and moreover they dont have good PSUs. And for adding a GPU in these PCs u need to change the PSU, else it will burn due to excess load.

doomgiver

Warframe
BRANDED PCs = FAIL!!!!

true, i'd sooner eat glass than buy one.
besides the shitty psu, i think there are several negatives points too,
1. cpu/mobo not optimally matched
2. DETAILS ARE ALWAYS FUDGED UP. they will try to intentionally misguide you regarding the components and configuration.
3. airflow is not very good, coz design takes preference over function
4. warranty.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Design wise there's nothing wrong with branded pc's. Dell gives a lot of flexibility in its desktop line up and gives lots of options including choices of adding discrete cards.

But they charge a lot more. The same config can be built much cheaper and maybe even better.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
assembled pcs rock always..branded pc suck in price to performance ratio in front of assembled one..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Branded is reccomended for guys who dont want to go through the hassle of building their own or have limited knowledge. They offer little less VFM but give technical support ,etc

My list is same as-
saswat23 said:
My ranking:
1. DELL
2. HP/Compaq
3. Lenovo
4. Acer
5. HCL

d3p

PowerHouse
Branded PC's are better choice for a noob, who don't even dare to open & see what kind of Hardware is inside, instead of referring the Manual instruction booklet.

A much better & powerful sexy beast can be assembled, with the price tag charged for branded PC's

doomgiver

Warframe
Branded PC's are better choice for a noob, who don't even dare to open & see what kind of Hardware is inside, instead of referring the Manual instruction booklet.

A much better & powerful sexy beast can be assembled, with the price tag charged for branded PC's

YES!!! go away noobs, you dont deserve to own a computer. learn the **** first, before going out to buy it.

arko1983

In the zone
Follow these steps before buying:-
1)just post ur budget and fill the questionnaire here.
2)go to local shop and give him the list and tell them that u want everything in the list without any changes.
3)chck ur bill & boxes while buying & assembling.
4) take home pc by cab.:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Design wise there's nothing wrong with branded pc's. Dell gives a lot of flexibility in its desktop line up and gives lots of options including choices of adding discrete cards.

1. less warranty: most parts carry 3yrs warranty & some even 5. but what you get is 1yr or 2. want more, pay more. WTF.

2. limited option or fixed: Dell allows, i agree but still they are not flexible enough as assembled. most are offered with some shitty GT310 or GT430 cards. & some XPS have upgrade route to HD58** cards. nothing else. wheres the HD6850, 6950s?

3. mini tower: No........

4. no to AMD: hardly any AMD design. & as from what i have seen, the AMD ones have the least upgrade path. they usually ship with a slow card & no upgrade available.

& the list just gets long.

Branded PC's are better choice for a noob,

:agreed:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sam said:
4. no to AMD: hardly any AMD design.
& as from what i have seen, the AMD
ones have the least upgrade path.
they usually ship with a slow card &
no upgrade available.
Well, I did manage to find a amd based pc in Dell's Us site.
But yeah there was almost nothing to upgrade it with.

Dell doesnt give too many flexible. Certain cpu's have just 1 choice of gpu.
No option to insall network wifi card.

Why does Skype software finds a place in features list?

d3p

PowerHouse
The same goes with Alienware too.

Cabinet is a mini tower, cramped with H2O cooling, but its say there's option for SLI of CF.

OMG after SLI of CF, the temp will be swinging so high that he don't require Oven to bake a cake.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
d3pkor said:
The same goes with Alienware too.
I woulnt reccomend Alienware to any one! Whether he is a n00b or god of geeks.

Alienware are SO senselessly priced that a assembled PC of same cose will be double faster.

Ofcourse, you could brag to your friends bout it but that bragging wont have any effect on people with sense.
Mac's bragging will be more effective

d3p

PowerHouse
Branded PC are good for Industries, IT Companies & such, but not for home & Specially for Gaming.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well, I did manage to find a amd based pc in Dell's Us site.

i know. that why i used the world "hardly ". its a 1 (AMD) vs 20-25 (Intel).

No option to insall network wifi card.

usually an option is provided later in the accessories section (if you go all the way to that part).

Why does Skype software finds a place in features list?

they'll brag whatever software/bloatware/adware they can bundle with their. even if it does more harm than good.

Top Bottom