Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Hmmm ... As I also want to buy an AV for my laptop , so I want to ask that should I go for Net Protector for Rs. 700/yr. or for Quick Heal which is for Rs. 1K/yr.
I'm a casual internet user and wants to protect my system. No need of heavy and costly AVs :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

AnyOne :?:

Talking about costly you can get KiS which is less than Rs. 500 and cheaper and better than our swadeshi AVs ;) If you need only antivirus then there's lots of good options available under Rs. 250.

reddick

Mobile Freak
As I've tried almost every free AVs and I found Avira which suits my needs. As I'm using it from past one year, free version, so I want to go for Avira which is about Rs.1.3K/yr.
Secondly I may choose Net Protector or Quick Heal AV .
By the time, I'll try their trial version of 'Home Edition' and then choose the best one :neutral:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ 1.3k? Avira Internet Security 2014 1 PC 1 Year - Buy Avira Internet Security 2014 1 PC 1 Year Online at Best Prices in India - Avira | Flipkart.com it is avira internet security for rs 416. do not need to try Net Protector or Quick Heal AV. there are far better alternatives for low cost....

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Antivirus Name: Lavasoft

Premium/Free:Fremium(Got through Lavasoft)

Detection Rate:5/5
UI:5/5
Spyware:5/5
Internet Protection:5/5
Consumption:Very Light Weight
Price:₹800 approx

Recommended : Definitely!!!

Thank You!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I've tried almost every free AVs and I found Avira which suits my needs. As I'm using it from past one year, free version, so I want to go for Avira which is about Rs.1.3K/yr.
Secondly I may choose Net Protector or Quick Heal AV .
By the time, I'll try their trial version of 'Home Edition' and then choose the best one :neutral:

Go ahead and if you can do try K7 antivirus as well. It would be great to read the comparison among three of our own security software ;)

shreeux

Movie Buff
HI, All

I am using AVG Internet Security 2014....I am not facing any problem...But better than anything available..?

kapiljhajhria

Broken In
Nod 32 is by far the best. I never had any virus or spyware problem on my system till now. And it uses very less resource. I even plus in the pen drives and harddrive that my friends warn about having viruses. I have tried mcaffe, norton, avast etc on a system that was already infected with virus and none of those detected any virus. Eset nod 32 detected and cleaned around 4000 virus on that system.

Owner of that system was impressed too and switched to eset that instant. I changed antivirus for many systems after this event as it showed how good this antivirus is.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
kaspersky is one of the best though it causes issues on some systems because of some hardware/software clash(i have ran it on win 7 2gb intel atom system fine & also read about it slowing i7 systems) so test it first using trial version.btw almost every AV has these issues.

Top Bottom