Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Just make sure you install avira engine.
Mate,the 360 total security which I've installed in lieu of uninstalling avast! ,is amazing,performing gratly. But,it seems to be running on "avira" and "bitdefender" - 2 engines.
No issues,no problems. But is it plausible and practical?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
many 3rd part AVs are using multiple AV engines for quite some time now.It all depends on implementation how these multiple engines will perform,e.g.for certain types of threats 1 AV engine is given priority while for other types of threats other AV engine is given priority.It is also why performance of different 3rd party AVs using same AV engines is never same as the original one(Total 360 will not perform same as avira or bitdefender in tests).

dummydave

Broken In
guy one more query

i went through the site of 360. i am confused which one to install
360- total security or 360-internet security

also please guide me how to install avira engine separately as told by minion

it will be a great help
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

^Download 360 total security

Go to virus scan there on left lower corner you will see umbrella just click on it and switch on avira.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate,the 360 total security which I've installed in lieu of uninstalling avast! ,is amazing,performing gratly. But,it seems to be running on "avira" and "bitdefender" - 2 engines.
No issues,no problems. But is it plausible and practical?

I only use Avira since my system is very old.bitdefender engine signature takes lots of space and will slows down system a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

many 3rd part AVs are using multiple AV engines for quite some time now.It all depends on implementation how these multiple engines will perform,e.g.for certain types of threats 1 AV engine is given priority while for other types of threats other AV engine is given priority.It is also why performance of different 3rd party AVs using same AV engines is never same as the original one(Total 360 will not perform same as avira or bitdefender in tests).

360s default engine with avira engine is best.It is lot better than any other free alternative out there just try it you will know what i am saying.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am fine with avira free & being a stable product for years it has the upper hand over 360 total security which is a new product not to mention very good test scores.360 Total Security is a good option if you don't like Avira for any reason(e,g.avira does add some time to system startup).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I am fine with avira free & being a stable product for years it has the upper hand over 360 total security which is a new product not to mention very good test scores.360 Total Security is a good option if you don't like Avira for any reason(e,g.avira does add some time to system startup).

I agree...and Avira is improving in UI also day-by-day..if u compare it with old classic one...even the new dashboard and user login is good now

kg11sgbg

Then shall I download and make an Avira antivirus (Free)CD?
Or shall I go for the whole paid suite?

kg11sgbg

just compare Avira Free with Avira paid and choose whichever suits your needs
Actually Friend,I meant that Avira Free is the antivirus package only.
But Avira Internet/Complete suit comes with av,firewall,ant-keylogger,ant-spyware,.....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never buy any software without trying it first.If you like the software & are willing to pay then go ahead.However both avira & kaspersky AV are available for Rs.299 1 pc 1 year at flipkart so i suggest trying both first.Otherwise avira free version is more than enough for normal usage.

dummydave

Broken In
guys is there any direct link to download bitdefender and avira engine for 360 total security??

coz my net connection is slow and due to interruption is starts again

kindly guide me in this matter

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
guys is there any direct link to download bitdefender and avira engine for 360 total security??

coz my net connection is slow and due to interruption is starts again

kindly guide me in this matter

Check the following links

Bit-defender AntiVirus 32 Bit
Bit-defender AntiVirus 64 Bit
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 32 Bit
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 64 Bit
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 32 Bit
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 64 Bit

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Check the following links

Bit-defender AntiVirus 32 Bit
Bit-defender AntiVirus 64 Bit
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 32 Bit
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 64 Bit
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 32 Bit
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 64 Bit

Read what the other person wants :facepalm:
[MENTION=173505]dummydave[/MENTION], AFAIK, no. You'll have to download them from the program interface itself.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i am using Avira Free, and it does the job for me, no need to spend money, once install, it will update it self regularly, everything works fine for me

Top Bottom