Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

ratul

█████████████████
AV-Comparatives has released latest may 2013 real-world protection results, and as usual, kaspersky is on top:
*i.imgur.com/X8FcXmu.jpg

SOURCE: AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
avira is good.avast is also good provided it has constant internet access because in latest v8 avast uses many technologies which are dependent on net access for best protection.because of this avast updates a lot(sometimes 20-30 times in a day) so it may be an issue if you use limited net connection.trend micro is heavy & i wouldn't recommend it when there are lighter & free options available.

In the Avast free version, there are Web shield, mail shield, network shield, p2p shield, IM shield and script shield.
THESE ARE NOT REQUIRED AT ALL IF YOU ARE OFFLINE.

you can easily change update interval and settings. Reputation service and streaming update can also be disabled.

till last year's January, i was able to update the definitions quite easily on 2g. then i got a better connection.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Between Kaspersky and Eset, I'd take Kaspersky. I personally think Bitdefender is the best, but it slows down the system. Or does this happen only with me?

chandan3

Journeyman
In my lappy with os win7,
two files(wuaudit.exe and dwm.exe) from folder C/users/username/Appdata/local/temp/iswizard are getting detected by quick heal as virus and repairing them but the files recreate and every 5 minutes the message popups from quick heal about repairing of files.
What should i do...?? is deleting files from temp folder safe..??
045449akzooap0saokp0tl.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^quickheal is a crappy software which i wouldn't use for protection even if someone pays me its price to use it.install avira or avast.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
once a virus has completely infected your system most antiviruses will fail to remove it.best way to deal with such situation is by using bootable rescue discs available from AV companies like kaspersky,avira etc though it is recommended to format C drive & reinstall windows to be sure.

gameranand

Living to Play
If your OS in infected and you repair it then also it would create problems. Maybe it will not cause problem right now but it will. :|

ashs1

Padawan
I used to use Quickheal few years back..The best thing about it was that it looked cute & friendly...thats it. :p

I used the Avira Premium Version, wonderful AV, but for some reason, its detection rate was not that good ( maybe its better now )..

I just use the MSE now..seems ok so far..what do u think guys ? is MSE good enough to be at the best AV ?? :)

Top Bottom