Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
uninstalled Avast and installed Avira with latest update, now it is showing many viruses, most of them false positive, will see this for a week first

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
uninstalled Avast and installed Avira with latest update, now it is showing many viruses, most of them false positive, will see this for a week first

how did you understand it as a false positive? what is the file name or is it the cr**ks detected as virus?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Many people says Cr**ks detected as malware/trojan/virus are false positive.
Is it really true ?
How can anyone confirm it's really a harmful for your PC or not ???

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Many people says Cr**ks detected as malware/trojan/virus are false positive.
Is it really true ?
How can anyone confirm it's really a harmful for your PC or not ???

not always. As Topgear said, trusted sources are the only way. Viruses spread in the name of cr**ks. Tey do their job fine but actually installs a hidden backdoor like trojans on the computer. better stay away from them.

read reviews before downloading one ;) :D

he he :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ macro virus ?? and if possible name of the insurance software and it's file extension / type.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TBH : Never heard of this - may be I can try this on virtualbox but I need to get some infected files first :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this..i had mentioned in a thread about how some users keep a Library of viruses :cool:

i dont keep it in my computer.;-) Also i didn't get it for free either from internet. All of those are actually used for hacking specific things. most of them are sql based and some of them can keep the computer away from working without a full format by just copying it:-D. no need to even execute.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG ! sounds too dangerous ;)

On a second thought : you can share you experience after scanning the CD with premiumav but as it's a new AV it must be able to detect all those viruses/malwares so if I test I will get some files from torrents :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
here is a hint for any "new AV".if it isn't on this list it is most likely garbage & even if on this list but don't take part in AV-C or AV test monthly tests like quickheal then again stay away from it:
*www.av-comparatives.org/av-vendors/

@rijinpk1,no virus/malware can infect PC without executing.even if user doesn't execute it something else will which will result in infection.kinda like those infected pdf files which could infect PC by simply opening the folder or clicking once on them if you have pdf preview enabled in adobe reader without ever double-clicking those pdf files.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

@rijinpk1,no virus/malware can infect PC without executing.even if user doesn't execute it something else will which will result in infection.kinda like those infected pdf files which could infect PC by simply opening the folder or clicking once on them if you have pdf preview enabled in adobe reader without ever double-clicking those pdf files.

please check here it has something to say, not sure the genuinity though Virus information and help
Your computer can be infected even if files are just copied. Because some viruses are memory resident, as soon as a diskette or program is loaded into memory, the virus then attaches itself into memory and then is capable of infecting any file on the computer you have access to.

OMG ! sounds too dangerous ;)

This was what i thought when my friend told about this
On a second thought : you can share you experience after scanning the CD with premiumav but as it's a new AV it must be able to detect all those viruses/malwares so if I test I will get some files from torrents :D

will try later. i need to download the set up from my college:-D. My bandwidth in home is very limited. Is the premiumav offers offline install?I did not check the website.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
any program/file is loaded into memory if you have some kind of enable preview/similar feature enabled.e.g.if you have some pictures in a folder & you open it with thumbnail enabled then windows read data from those files to execute to display thumbnails hence the loading into memory.same is with single click on files which have some preview feature in the side bar(like in XP).in summary no file can load into memory by itself but needs support of another program/service.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
any program/file is loaded into memory if you have some kind of enable preview/similar feature enabled.e.g.if you have some pictures in a folder & you open it with thumbnail enabled then windows read data from those files to execute to display thumbnails hence the loading into memory.same is with single click on files which have some preview feature in the side bar(like in XP).in summary no file can load into memory by itself but needs support of another program/service.

it maybe the reason.What friend did is ,turnded on avast, copied all files from cd to hdd;some of the files got deleted. not all files are detected. Then he turned off avast, copied all files from cd to hdd, no files where deleted as avast is turned off. He shitted down his pc and try to turn on next day.he needed a full format of his hdd to get it to working.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i remember we had a thread on checking AV is detecting a virus or not in that some code was given to put in txt file & scanning it
anybody remember?

Top Bottom