anti piracy strikes back -Bachelor Party on the Net lands many in police net

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[We also have freaks like him in our place who will ban those sunfilms in cars cause they think that it creates immoral traffic.
i don't know which city you live in but i live near delhi & let me tell you tinted glasses are one of the biggest menace regarding harassment of women & frequently used in serious crimes against women.this is probably the biggest reason why supreme court banned them in Delhi & i like many others completely support this move.

so downloader and watchers are protected prima facie...
totally wrong.
Copyright Act, 1957 and on-line copyright issues:
(f)The copyright in a work shall be deemed to be infringed when a person,without a license granted by the owner of the copyright or the Registrar of Copyrights under this Act or in contravention of the conditions of a license so granted or of any condition imposed by a competent authority under this Act-
(i) Does anything, the exclusive right to do which is by this Act conferred upon the owner of the copyright,
who exactly give the downloader license to download/copy a copyrighted work?nobody & that's why it is illegal.downloading is different from watching streaming videos like youtube where there is not enough duration for the temp file downloaded to remain on pc to be called a stable copy unlike torrent/direct download.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i don't know which city you live in but i live near delhi & let me tell you tinted glasses are one of the biggest menace regarding harassment of women & frequently used in serious crimes against women.this is probably the biggest reason why supreme court banned them in Delhi & i like many others completely support this move.

totally wrong.

who exactly give the downloader license to download/copy a copyrighted work?nobody & that's why it is illegal.downloading is different from watching streaming videos like youtube where there is not enough duration for the temp file downloaded to remain on pc to be called a stable copy unlike torrent/direct download.

Well actually there was a permissible limit under law, whenever you go to a shop where you can install sun films they have what is called the local maal, and internationally approved sun films. And these sun films come in various grades and "were" approved to use in motor vehicles by the government of india.

totally wrong.

Well it also reads that :

(i) Does anything, the exclusive right to do which is by this Act conferred upon the owner of the copyright, or

(ii) [(Note: Subs. by Act 38 of 1994, S.16(1) (w.e.f. a date to be notified)) permits for profit any place to be used for the communication of the work to the public where such communication constitutes an infringement of the copyright in the work, unless he was not aware and had no reasonable ground for believing that such communication to the public would be an infringement of copyright, or]

So well that clearly states 2 things :

1. The copyright owner has no exclusive rights to release his movie on the internet, so unless such a delivery mechanism is put in such place there is no question of copyright infringement.

2. Since most of the movies downloaded are for personal use and not distribution in the public market whereby making profit, the downloader is protected in that case too (assuming that he does not share the files and charge for them)

3. I can always claim that the movie i downloaded never displayed the "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT" Notice, so then by law it is totally reasonable for me to download and distribute any number of copies i desire.

OT: Did anyone notice that demonoid is down from the beginning of this month? :p

you had an account there?

If a person downloads and sells the movie, thats infringement.

in short words thats the best answer. So the govt can track all ip's and Jadoo can do his hocus-pocus, but the people who downloaded and watched the movie cannot be put in jail or charged for copyright infringement act.

There is a big difference in tinted glasses, and windows with sun films. :D i am loving the text size option

Its the uploader and not the downloader who you were referring to .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you don't read much between lines,do you?i don't know what do you know about boolean logic but let me make it present in a very simple way:
statement:C will happen if A or B is true.
situation:A is true B is false
result:C will happen
now replace C with legal action,A with section(f)(i) & B with section(f)(ii).
there is also something called common sense too.if downloading copyrighted material is such a legally ambiguous area people in USA wouldn't be taking those notices sent by RIAA/MPAA too seriously & would be making money by counter-suing each & every notice.laws differ in USA & India but not this much.my suggestion is don't give any one advice on legal matters unless you have thought of every possibility like i just explain especially before declaring in BOLD WALL OF TEXT that declares something to be completely tight or wrong regarding legal matters.there is a reason why top lawyers make millions in a single month while average one hardly get a case after reading same law books.the reason being top lawyers read between each word inferring every possible interpretation unlike simpletons like you who actually post these lines as their arguments:
1.The copyright owner has no exclusive rights to release his movie on the internet, so unless such a delivery mechanism is put in such place there is no question of copyright infringement.congrats,you thought of something which top lawyers hired by companies didn't.read above.

2. Since most of the movies downloaded are for personal use and not distribution in the public market whereby making profit, the downloader is protected in that case too (assuming that he does not share the files and charge for them)i don't know whether to laugh or cry if someone still believe in this point after reading all this.

3. I can always claim that the movie i downloaded never displayed the "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT" Notice, so then by law it is totally reasonable for me to download and distribute any number of copies i desire.now this one is completely a TROLL statement."oh,i didn't knew driving at over 100Km/h is violation of traffic rule on this road.i never saw any sign about this."

to everyone who still believe downloading movies is legal after reading this good luck & don't bother quoting me/my posts in replies.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

totally wrong.

sorry for going offtopic.I would still say that its the most 'foolish' law ever.Theve banned only sunfilms,not tinted glasses and curtains.So i guess the 'criminals' can commit 'crimes' even with out the sunfilm,while the ordinary man has to get all the sun strokes and 99% of U.V rays,and the A.Cs doesnt work well,at all and not to mention the climate.Also some people are excluded from the law because of 'security' reasons,those includes politicians who have some criminal history.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^i don't know what exactly you mean but sunfilm/tinted glasses/whatever....if it blocks vision from outside into the vehicle then it is illegal in Delhi as per supreme court order.also show some confidence/respect in supreme court judges.they are usually a class apart & one of the few institutions to be trusted to uphold what is right in India.i am sure they have considered health issues before issuing such a blanket ban order.SC usually doesn't issue a blanket ban unless it is sure that pros far outweighs the cons.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
FYI 'sunfilm' is that black layer pasted on to the car window which is transparent,originally.tinted glass isnt made transparent,since the name if i am correct.

When i feel like something isnt wrong i speakout,i dont care if its the govt. Or 'supreme commander',Rather than praising them for the wrong reasons,anyways that was just my personal opinion lets get back on topIc from now:)

Hrishi

Leave the rest ,just tell the odds for getting c@ught and ch@rg3d for d0wnl0ading any m0vi3 via +0r3nt$ in Metro cities like Delhi ???

I don't dl0@d bollywood m0vi3s , hell I don't even see most of them.So Will this apply only for Bollywood/Indian movies ???

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^Maybe if youre little unlucky you might get caught:DHopefully there isnt enough space in jails to accomodate all those who use torrents.Things like this happen once in a while.you may now resume your downloads:D

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
^^you don't read much between lines,do you?i don't know what do you know about boolean logic but let me make it present in a very simple way:
statement:C will happen if A or B is true.
situation:A is true B is false
result:C will happen
now replace C with legal action,A with section(f)(i) & B with section(f)(ii).
there is also something called common sense too.if downloading copyrighted material is such a legally ambiguous area people in USA wouldn't be taking those notices sent by RIAA/MPAA too seriously & would be making money by counter-suing each & every notice.laws differ in USA & India but not this much.my suggestion is don't give any one advice on legal matters unless you have thought of every possibility like i just explain especially before declaring in BOLD WALL OF TEXT that declares something to be completely tight or wrong regarding legal matters.there is a reason why top lawyers make millions in a single month while average one hardly get a case after reading same law books.the reason being top lawyers read between each word inferring every possible interpretation unlike simpletons like you who actually post these lines as their arguments:

to everyone who still believe downloading movies is legal after reading this good luck & don't bother quoting me/my posts in replies.

If i take your post with a pinch of salt, tell me how many number of people have been sued in the USA for downloading illegal material ?
Also if i might add, you dont read carefully.

i mentioned that :

1. there is no such distribution mechanism in india by which a movie owner (in this case) can release work on the internet, so if i am copying his work from there then i cant be jailed beacuse (try and understand again i know its hard , indian laws were not made by George Boole) because he has no "DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS" on the internet.

and secondly, why the hell am i wasting my time trying to drill sense into people like you, who will never believe that law has loopholes.

For starters, why dont you tell me how the judiciary system works in america?

and if you cant do that, then shut-up and stop replying to this thread.

Leave the rest ,just tell the odds for getting c@ught and ch@rg3d for d0wnl0ading any m0vi3 via +0r3nt$ in Metro cities like Delhi ???

I don't dl0@d bollywood m0vi3s , hell I don't even see most of them.So Will this apply only for Bollywood/Indian movies ???

no you will not be jailed. just use a proxy software to be on the safe side.

always keep a good magnet, whenever you are expecting a raid, just swipe your HDD clean :p

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Thread is going offtopic with Sunfilms & Sunglasses.

lol all that shi* happened in kerala why u guys are so scared ? :/
If it is happening in Kerala today, it will happen to us tomorrow.
After all, Constitution of India is common for all.

always keep a good magnet, whenever you are expecting a raid, just swipe your HDD clean :p
What if the RAID people comes with piriform's Recuva? :p

For safer side, download & watch the movie and keep it with you.
Dont flaunt that you've a high-speed internet connection and downloaded a 4GB Blu-Ray movie in 30 Minutes.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I mean it is just friggin stupid to scare people for no reason., THE RIAA AND RIAMP ( or whatever they are called ) are bone less pieces of meat. All they can do is hound you for downloading illegal copyrighted material. May i ask why dont they monitor all torrents? And why firms like Btgaurd which are based in the US are alive. ? if they were one bit serious about this ****, the FBI would be on the A S S of every proxy network in the world, they can shut down the torrent and no they dont need to make arrests for that.

You wouldnt believe me if i told you that the FBI and CIA and all these Girl faced loosers could actually finish a large amount of spam, all these botnets running in the wild...

Its a game, and we are just pawns so if you dont download then you are being stupid and if you get caught the blame is on you.

Thread is going offtopic with Sunfilms & Sunglasses.

If it is happening in Kerala today, it will happen to us tomorrow.
After all, Constitution of India is common for all.

What if the RAID people comes with piriform's Recuva? :p

For safer side, download & watch the movie and keep it with you.
Dont flaunt that you've a high-speed internet connection and downloaded a 4GB Blu-Ray movie in 30 Minutes.

When you do a magnet wipe on a HDD, there is no software in the world which can recover that.

or you could always consider opening the drive, and breaking it in a billion peices. ( just fry it in your microwave. ) your microwave will probably blow up but still itll save you all the jail time :p

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Anyway I encrypted my download hdd using Truecrypt. Atleast they can't prove that I have the movie in my hdd.

Edit: I don't download Indian movies.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm. looks like some folks need to read about the Patriot Act or the FBI infiltrating private trackers or about EliteTorrent or even OiNK or how Comcast/Verizon etc. are in bed with the RIAA and a few other things to start with! ;)
For now, its Kollywood sh1te, Singham has showed us that this might become a Bolly trend as well and with time, nothing would stop the big Holly boys from going down the same path.
Oh and this is a more efficient data wipe than a magnet. :p
Demonoid was Ukraine's gift to the US - anyway, Demo was always the eternal comeback kid - lets see if it can live up to its name again!

Anyway, piracy is bad, but "curbing freedom" (à la "1984") is worse.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Hmm. looks like some folks need to read about the Patriot Act or the FBI infiltrating private trackers or about EliteTorrent or even OiNK or how Comcast/Verizon etc. are in bed with the RIAA and a few other things to start with! ;)
For now, its Kollywood sh1te, Singham has showed us that this might become a Bolly trend as well and with time, nothing would stop the big Holly boys from going down the same path.
Oh and this is a more efficient data wipe than a magnet. :p
Demonoid was Ukraine's gift to the US - anyway, Demo was always the eternal comeback kid - lets see if it can live up to its name again!

Anyway, piracy is bad, but "curbing freedom" (à la "1984") is worse.

he just installed a local firecracker on a comp and set it off . easy to do + the cops will enjoy it when you tell them today was diwali :p

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
stop talking about sun films & tinted glasses !!

lolyeah!!

lol all that shi* happened in kerala :p why u guys are so scared ? :/

the cyber cell in kerala got nonstop calls from moms and dads asking ''my son had downloaded this film,will he get caught?''
Some say that the whole thing was aimed in promotion of a new software called 'jadoo',which they use to track down the ips.

ashintomson

Journeyman
the cyber cell in kerala got nonstop calls from moms and dads asking ''my son had downloaded this film,will he get caught?''
Some say that the whole thing was aimed in promotion of a new software called 'jadoo',which they use to track down the ips.
jaddo yeah i think so they did everything for promotion well movie named diamond necklace released with protection of jaddo and its in some sites now itself :p lets see what they will do if things are not in torren this time

Top Bottom