Anti gaming software

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey can anyone tell me a software by which i can schedule gaming coz mah brother is a game maniac and i want to limit his gaming without changing his account from admin to standard.

gameranand

Living to Play
I can't understand why you guys always hesitate to change account from admin to normal. I mean if you use normal account you are more secure because you don't have admin privilage so virus and any program has to face that. And if you are admin you are insecure. Why not just one admin account to rule them all and other normal account?? Whats the problem with that??

doomgiver

Warframe
I can't understand why you guys always hesitate to change account from admin to normal. I mean if you use normal account you are more secure because you don't have admin privilage so virus and any program has to face that. And if you are admin you are insecure. Why not just one admin account to rule them all and other normal account?? Whats the problem with that??

rings, man, you gotta have rings if you wanna rule anything.

QUOTE " GamesNoMore blocks only the games which use the Microsoft DirectX libraries and OpenGL features in their work. They are the following: Doom 3, GTA 3, Half Life 2. We consider that the utter interest in such games may cause serious damage to a child’s mind. The cases of murders in the USA schools are the proof of this fact." UNQUOTE

heresy!!! these guys should be hung till death.
reminds me of a pic of a muslim with a banner, which read "behead those who say islam is violent", lol

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh

Actually the problem i that i wanna scedule one game i.e, assassins creed brotherhood and by making a limited acc, even if we wanna access some other program, it always asks for admin rights and that irritates a lot. Apart from this, it is a common tendency of ery1 to have all d supreme powers in their hand

this might help

Anti Game - GamesNoMore - EasySmallSoft

Hey by this, it bans the game. I want a program by which my bro can play games for only 1 hr and then the game closes down itself and on the same date, he will not be able to play more.

doomgiver

Warframe
that will be pretty hard to do.
a vb script maybe? too crude?

best : install linux. no major games available yet

nims11

BIOS Terminator
create a script that moves the executable of the game to some deep location and then replaces it back when the scheduled tym comes!

but it will be a problem if your bro keeps playing when the scheduled tym ends as the script won't be able to delete the file. but there must be a way

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Two things you can do are -

Install the game in C:\Documents and settings\Administrator folder so that a standard account does not have access to it.

Then run the command
Code:
net user [I]<user>[/I] /time:M- F,16:00-17:00
so that your brother can only login to the Administrator account between 4pm and 5pm (or any other relevant time) and play the game (and of course he should not know about your command).

PS - I liked nims11's idea. To his problem, i guess the net user <user> /time:M- F,16:00-17:00 command will work fine (unless of course you are willing to give up the admin account for 1 hour).

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^^ good one.. but if his brother has some computer knowledge, he will easily change it when he has access to the admin account during the scheduled period. :)

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
^^ good one.. but if his brother has some computer knowledge, he will easily change it when he has access to the admin account during the scheduled period. :)

The main problem is this only. He knows a lot but he is very poor in vb script so that might work.
But still there is no proper vb script for it

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^^ even if he doesnt know that net user command, he might make a new unrestricted admin account when he has access to the admin acc during scheduled tym!

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey problem solved.
He finished the game and now mah pc is free till he catches a new game so if u get any such software kindly inform me

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
utkarsh007 said:
He finished the game and now mah pc is free till he catches a new game so if u get any such software kindly inform me
Very temporary solution.

See this-maybe you can do it for games - not sure-

How to disable programs that run when you start Windows XP Home Edition or Windows Vista

There is nothing that serves your purpose other that the second post

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
take backup of main execution file in a pendrive & delete the file from game folder. problem solved (temporarily).

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Very temporary solution.

See this-maybe you can do it for games - not sure-

How to disable programs that run when you start Windows XP Home Edition or Windows Vista

There is nothing that serves your purpose other that the second post

Thnx buddy but this wont work coz he can play for a max of 1 hr

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey can anyone tell me a software by which i can schedule gaming coz mah brother is a game maniac and i want to limit his gaming without changing his account from admin to standard.

there are apps available which will limit the pc usage but game lockers r rarely available....

I guess u r irritated of him bcoz u dnt get chance to work on PC when he games...

so solutions are many:
1)Buy him PSP/PS3/XBOX 360
2)Buy him a laptop
3)Delete the Save game files...he will be frustated to play again...
4)Install the PC scheduler apps which monitors usage & put limiting hrs

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so solutions are many:
1)Buy him PSP/PS3/XBOX 360
2)Buy him a laptop
3)Delete the Save game files...he will be frustated to play again...
4)Install the PC scheduler apps which monitors usage & put limiting hrs

opt for 3 please. next time you turn on, all his works will be gone :lol:

Top Bottom