Anna Hazare: The man who can't be ignored

sparx

TechFanatic
CNN IBN reports that when Ram Gopal Verma is asked to comment about Anna Hazare, he says "Who is he?"

He is as crap as his films are!!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Monsoon session na? They will find more excuses till 10. Oh well, people/celebs received their 15 minutes of fame. I am pretty sure company/non government folks have large sum of black money. BTW- NGO and such people are taking this opportunity to advertise themselves. Tch Tch.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah, read similar articles elsewhere too.made me ponder.

BTW offtopic: I do not trust ramdev and other babas like him no matter what anyone says. his share of scams/black money will also come into light in due course of time.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

BTW offtopic: I do not trust ramdev and other babas like him no matter what anyone says. his share of scams/black money will also come into light in due course of time.

ramdev started the bharat swabhiman andolan *www.bharat-swabhiman.com. he and rajiv dixit have conducted several anti corruption rallies. rajiv dixit is also famous for his various lectures against MNCs govt etc.. sadly that guy died under mysterious circumstances. all of ramdev's trusts accounts are made public in their website after the joker digvijay singh asked him to do so. his rally on 27th feb on ramlila maidan attracted several thousand people but it did not even receive mild media coverage... so I have some trust left in ramdev.

some twitter people are saying that 3 media groups are planning sting operations on ramdev and will mostly be made public during may so as to spoil his plans of launching a political party during june.

but this agnivesh guy is an open supporter of maoists and a former politician in haryana. no. 1 crook he is.

_

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
what if this Lokpaal guy becomes corrupt?

yeah absolutely.that's not a distant possibility. Take for instance Lok-Ayukts in various states. In MP, I have read in newspaper that lok-ayukt, instead of helping people who come with complaints spends most of his time in praising government. Totally opposite here in Bangalore, Karnatak Justice Hegde is a hero. He openly criticizes government. One time when govt reinstated corrupt babus back after quashing cases against them. Hegde was so frustrated that he decided to quit, but was persuaded back.

What Anna did was right. Although I admit that making government, chosen by people, bend on its knees is wrong because then you are making mockery of democracy. But this govt has broken all records of corruption and should be taught some lesson. Come next election, everyone knows which party to vote.

doomgiver

Warframe
but this agnivesh guy is an open supporter of maoists and a former politician in haryana. no. 1 crook he is.
maoists are fighting against the government opression. you would fight too, if your home was burnt down and your friends, neighbors and family were tortured and deported.

me too, never trusted a baba, but ramdev looks "comparatively" clean.

what if this Lokpaal guy becomes corrupt?
we cannot know that.

Daily News

Right off the assembly line
Hi...guys!!!
n hey ICO...nice question though....and also a difficult one!!!
"what if he becomes corrupt??" well, that's not the case here.
How can you be so sure about it that this is not yet another publicity stunt..or yet another diversion for public's own good...!!!!
Its politics guyz and it SUXX!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Got this mail today, full content is below. Important lines are bold.

Last week Anna Hazare led a phenomenal people-powered victory to purge India of corruption. But that was just the first step -- in just 2 days the Jan Lok Pal drafting committee will hold their first meeting -- and we need all eyes on the process.

Anna Hazare has called for the all-important drafting meetings to be videoed for all of India to see -- creating maximum transparency and accountability. This will help prevent powerful and corrupt politicians from pressing, bribing or forcing committee members into back-room tricks to weaken the bill and foil our movement.

PM Singh has said he has no objection to transparency and the committee itself should decide. Let’s stand with Anna Hazare again, and call on the committee members to kick off on the right foot, and decide on maximum transparency for their proceedings at their first meeting. Click below to send a message directly to all 10 committee members:

Avaaz - Stand with Anna: All eyes on Jan Lokpal

The Jan Lokpal committee need not have secrets. There's no confidential government information that needs to be discussed, or legal reasons to have private proceedings. On the contrary, there is every reason to have transparency. Only if the public is constantly informed can we hold our representatives accountable to fulfilling the clear public will for a strong bill.

Across India, people want the Jan Lokpal bill to create a new independent body empowered to investigate abuse and punish corruption, including at the highest levels of government. But as the committee begins discussions about the scope and powers of the bill this weekend, corrupt politicians will try every trick in the book to weaken it. It would be a boon for the corrupt if the public are locked out of the meetings -- they are most powerful behind closed doors, hidden from public scrutiny. We can’t let that happen, and we won’t -- people power and momentum are on our side.

With Anna leading us, we started a movement of change -- now lakhs of people from village to village and town to town have joined, determined to reclaim our democracy. If we inundate the committee members with a massive wave of messages calling for transparency before they start discussions we can embolden Anna Hazare in his call, and convince those who are undecided. Click here to send a message to the committee members now:

Avaaz - Stand with Anna: All eyes on Jan Lokpal

The Satyagrah movement changed the course of our destiny forever. Together, standing on their shoulders, we can liberate India once more -- this time from the tyranny of corruption. If our movement stands firm, and we keep raising our voices, we will open up politics, take back our democracy and put hope back in government to serve the people of India.

With hope and determination,

Ricken, Saloni, Shibayan and the whole Avaaz team.

SOURCES:

We need total transparency:
Hazare to ensure Lokpal Bill panel work is transparent - Business News - Business Review India

Anna Hazare: Why is the government scared of live telecast?
Why is the govt scared of live telecast? asks Anna Hazare - The Times of India

Jan Lokpal committee’s first meeting on April 16:
*www.hindu.com/2011/04/10/stories/2011041064611000.htm">The Hindu : Front Page : Panel's first meeting on April 16

We have the momentum, to win we need to sustain it:
The Hindu : Life & Style / Society : Stirring the nation into action

I am hoping that does gives some relief to the concerns raised by ico.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^good news. Lets see where this is heading to. Should be the first step to make India better after so long time.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
maoists are fighting against the government opression. you would fight too, if your home was burnt down and your friends, neighbors and family were tortured and deported.[...]

you are very bland in your statements. don't believe everything that the english mainstream media throws. to understand maoists, naxalites and other radical separatists movements, one need to understand their funding, sources of advanced weapons, communication systems used and also whether their agenda resonates with the local people, which is clearly not the case here with the people. more reading into how western governments create instabilities for the sovereignty or economy of developing/third world countries using covert NGOs and other sinister means will help in getting a clear perspective here.

_

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
you are very bland in your statements. don't believe everything that the english mainstream media throws. to understand maoists, naxalites and other radical separatists movements, one need to understand their funding, sources of advanced weapons, communication systems used and also whether their agenda resonates with the local people, which is clearly not the case here with the people. more reading into how western governments create instabilities for the sovereignty or economy of developing/third world countries using covert NGOs and other sinister means will help in getting a clear perspective here.

_

Agree with that.

doomgiver

Warframe
i agree that the majority of naxals/maoist are just opportunists, but it originally started out as a protest against unfair government land deals/allotment.
both sides are in the wrong now, but initially it was the government who started it all

i do admit i read it in outlook. and i read an interview of their leader

rishitells

Always in Dreams...

Man, Swami Ramdev has challenged the government to conduct any type, and any level of investigation on him and his trust, what else do u want? I wonder why you people are always bashing Swami Ramdev? As for his possessions, he does not have any personal property or bank account, and I challange you to bet anything on me for that. Why do you not blame Sonia Gandhi for the Biggest Scams of the history? Why do you not blame a$$holes like Digvijay Singh? If Swami Ramdev raises his voice against corruption, what the hell is wrong with that? He has clearly stated and taken a vow that he will not take any Political Position like minister or something. He will continue to teach yoga, forever, but his only and only mission is to get India corruption free. He has two clothes on his body, and you want him to take them off and get naked?? :-x

ramdev started the bharat swabhiman andolan *www.bharat-swabhiman.com. he and rajiv dixit have conducted several anti corruption rallies. rajiv dixit is also famous for his various lectures against MNCs govt etc.. sadly that guy died under mysterious circumstances. all of ramdev's trusts accounts are made public in their website after the joker digvijay singh asked him to do so. his rally on 27th feb on ramlila maidan attracted several thousand people but it did not even receive mild media coverage... so I have some trust left in ramdev.

some twitter people are saying that 3 media groups are planning sting operations on ramdev and will mostly be made public during may so as to spoil his plans of launching a political party during june.

_

Bhai, I really admire you that you at least mention Shri Rajiv Dixit here. My heart still cries remembering his death. He was my God, he was my Guru.. :sad:

And all the guys here who support the mission against corruption, let me tell you that it was the Rajiv Bhai who started Bharat Swabhimaan, and Swami Ramdev was under his guidance. He was a genius, computer-minded, highly intelligent.... I dont have proper words to describe him. Just listen to his lectures guys, it will be the only tribute to him if we follow his dream... :sad:

If you see such great hype against corruption and all that, its because of Rajiv Dixit, and his Bharat Swabhimaan mission. When Shri Anna Hazare came in the Ramlila Maidan Rally Against Corruption, he also praised Swami Ramdev and his mission, and not only him, everyone that was present there did it. And Take time to see the lecture of Shri Ram Jethmalani, who said he will spent his rest of the lifetime under the Guidance of SwamiJi. The Media didn't give any coverage of the rally, but just watch the videos and you will get an idea how Huge it was.

YouTube - 27-02-2011-BHARAT SWABHIMAN-RALLY-RAMLILA-GROUND-DELHI (5).mp4

Now they have created India Against Corruption, but it all started with the rally. Its the Bharat Swabhimaan Mission that created the plot.
Rajiv Dixit was certainly murdered by his enemies, as he fearlessly revealed many secrets and continued to oppose the threats to the nation.

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^ I also admire him very much. He had a lot of guts. very sad to see his bluish face after he died.

his lectures should be translated to regional languages so that it can reach many people in the south who don't know hindi much.

_

sorry for too much OT.

just came across this deeply buried article in TOI and doomgiver came to mind.. so posting it here

Villagers see Red over NREGA - The Times of India

_

Rite_Rebel

Broken In
Yup we "young" people can learn a lot about doing something meaningful instead of just blaming and despising the politicians for everything. Sure this whole mess is their fault but then aren't these people chosen among us by us? Thing is most of us are just to comfortable in our little lives to even give a damn about thinking how we can help others, society and mankind in general..Cleaning up this crap starts with getting our own act together. Unless every one of us makes an attempt to change, people like Anna Hazare will be the exception rather than the rule.

Top Bottom