Animation/Gaming Rig for 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ vickybat thanks man how abt if i go for corsair TX750 ??.. it will be enough even if i go for 16 gigs of RAM with the above config i mentioned rite??.. cuz corsair TX850 was suggested by some members so only asking..
and overkill means will it give higher power than wat is needed and damage the parts?... Wont it take necessary power from the PSU even though if the PSU is like TX850..

P.S Since i wanted my PSU to be futureproof i thought of going with Corsair TX 850.. pls share your idea guys...

Thanks in advance... :)

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^no no you got it all wrong buddy. You can even use the tx 850 with an intel atom based rig. It won't damage the parts. The components only draw adequate amount of power for optimal operation. Not more than that.

What overkill here means is that tx 850 will be a waste and all the power it can deliver will be unused in your rig. A tx 850 can handle a gtx 590 or a 570 sli without breaking a sweat.

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ vickybat Oh! thank god.. thanks a lot man.. but just wanna confirm these...

I am planning to add another GTX 560 Ti for SLI in a few months.. since i am buying CM 690 II Advanced i am planning to add at least 6 or 7 fans within 1 or 2 months and i am going for 8 gb RAM and eventually planning to add some cooling unit like Noctua NHD14 or Corsair H70 in a month or two.. i will add my hdd 320GB as slave So having these upgrades in my mind i decided to go with corsair TX850.... Please share your idea..

When i entered my config in corsair psu finder it suggested me to go with a minimum of 750 W psu.. Some guys told me go with TX850.. so would it really be an overkill or it would be rite to go with TX 850?... If i use TX850 how much percentage will my system use the psu?...

Thanks in Advance... :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Well you can very well go ahead with the tx 850 if you want. It won't harm your system whatsoever. Buying a powerful psu from the start is never a problem as long as you can afford it. It will be helpful in the long run and future upgrades. So go ahead with the tx850 buddy.

But at the same price point, check Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA @ 7.9k. Its even better than tx850 and can easily handle a gtx 580sli.

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ vickybat Thanks a lot man..

I jus have one more question..

just found out that there are 2 versions of corsair TX850.. one is corsair TX850 and other one is its version 2 named as Corsair TX850 V2.. so can anyone tell me that if i am buying corsair TX850 which version should i buy?... and i cant find corsair TX850 in any indian online IT stores... If u find that anywhere online and know the price pls share..

Thanks in advance.. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I think you should buy the non v2 version. The oem is seasonic for the non v2 and has japanese capacitors.

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ vickybat Thanks man..
@ nilgtx260 Thanks and yeah i am also thinking of the same..

so i should go with the normal TX850 and not the TX850 V2 rite?..

and can anyone suggest me some good case fans for 120mm and 140mm??...

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
Hi guys i am thinking of buying a cooling unit for my cpu.. my budget is 5k max.. Pls share your idea?.. Rite now i am thinking of Buying corsair H70 OR NHD14 ( but dont know whether there will be enough room for that ).. If u know any alternative cooling unit pls suggest..

coolgame

Journeyman
noctua nhd14.10degree difference b/w d14 and h70.and the d14 does fit although barely.if u are not going to remove ur side pannel very often then the d14 is the ideal choice

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ coolgame Thanks... I know that NHD14 beats outperforms H70 but if i dont have enough space then can i go with H70 or is there alternative liquid cooling or air cooling??...

Thanks in advance... :)

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Coolgame thanks man

confused between H70 and Noctua NHD14.. NHD14's size bothers me and will be difficult to maintain! Need suggestions for the cooling system... which cooling unit will be good for this config?.. pls share your idea.. thanks in advance.. :)

Guys yesterday i ordered the rigs.. So here is the Final Config and where i ordered:-

RIGS SPECIFICATIONS AND BRANDS PRICE WEBSITE COMMENTS Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11,000 smcinternational.in
MotherBoard Asus P8P67-PRO 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard (B3 Revision) 12,000 primeabgb.com Received it today evening and looks Amazing! :)
RAM Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GBXL X 2 5,300 smcinternational.in DIDN't ORDER GUYS :( Not Available in SMC, Primabgb.. They say it will be available in a week.. Do u guys know any other site where it is available??..
GRAPHICS CARD Graphics Card MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozer II/OC 13,500 smcinternational.in
Harddrive SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200.12 2,800 smcinternational.in
Monitor Dell ST2220L 21.5” W Full HD Monitor with LED 8750 smcinternational.in
Cabinet CM 690 II Advanced with transparent side panel 5,855 theitdepot.com
Powersupply corsair TX850 7,850 ebay.in Received the power supply after posting this msg :) Looks Amazing :)
Case Fans Cooler Master 120mm fans ( pls order 2 fans ) 900 primeabgb.com Received it today evening and looks Amazing! :)

RAM is not available anywhere :( So decided to wait for one week :(

Thank you everyone for your generous support in helping me with the config.. :)

Last edited:

game-freak

In the zone
why are u buying 8GB RAM 4 GB will be more than enough add a 4GB single module right now and in the future add another its available at SMC for 2500/-
the money u save from RAM can be used to geat a better cabinet if u want check the link
corsair 600T at a great price CLICK HERE

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ game-freak Thanks man but

Actually for Animation purposes i need 8 GB of RAM for High Quality rendering.. Since Windows 7 itself takes 1GB of Memory and other Applications say 1GB of Memory remaining 2GB Isn't enough for High quality rendering and for other heavy animation applications .. 4 GB RAM for Animation :-D and 4GB of RAM for other applications and gaming.. :-D

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
Hi guys i have ordered all the rigs :).. i have received cabinet, motherboard, 2x 120mm cooler master r4 fans and powersupply.. I am yet to receive processor, Hard disk, RAM, Graphics card and Monitor.. I am thinking of assembling the PC coming Wednesday!

Since i have cm 690 II advanced case which can accommodate up to 10 fans i was wondering which side fans would be good to set as intake and which side fans to set as exhaust.. Rite now i have totally 5 fans but will be adding each month extra 2 fans.. Pls help me out guys and also i dont know where is the setting to configure the fans.. is it in BIOS?..

and also i am going to buy corsair H70 tomo. There will be a fan in the liquid cooling kit rite?.. Which place would be apt to place that fan rear or Top?.. and also pls tell me whether the fan in the H70 will intake or exhaust the air.. If we have to configure that pls tell me which would be best for H70..

Sorry for asking too many questions... pls give suggestions guys gonna buy on monday..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom