Animation/Gaming Rig for 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ jas Thanks a lot man... so min price of 6870 is 12,000??..
@ Shadez Sure man :)

Some more questions pls :-D

1) any chance of GTX 460 coming within 10 - 11k?..
2) Pls give suggestion for monitor G222HDL or Dell ST2220L ??... If i buy G222HDL i get 16.7 million colors but no HDMI port if i go with dell ST2220L no 16.7 million colors but it has HDMI port.. Both monitors are LED and more or less same price.. Which monitor will be good option?.. Please share your idea..

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ jas thanks a lot man...
I wanna thank you all for helping me out very much..

Jaskanwar Singh
coolgame
game-freak
masterkd
cilus
slashragnarok
akshayt
vizkid2005
@ shadez here is the final config :)

^^Especially i wanna these thank these guys for helping me out very much. I wanna thank these guys for answering all of my questions patiently and giving valuable suggestions and for helping me out like a best friend! :) So thank you guys for your Generous support :)

Before i post my final config i wanna tell wat happened today afternoon..Since i am in chennai i thought of buying directly from one of the ITDEPOT showrooms. So I called ITDEPOT and asked a quote for my config. They responded within 2 hours and I was shocked to hear the prices! :shock: Every single product was overpriced! When I asked about the Overpricing and they said " If you buy online you gotto take care of the warranty claim and all but if you buy directly from our showroom we will take care of everything so for that reason we are charging extra bucks for each product than the price listed in our website! " But is is fair to charge 1000 bucks more for most of the products just for the warranty claim??.. Please share your idea...

So Anyways

Here is My Final Config:-

RIGS SPECIFICATIONS AND BRANDS MARKET PRICE ITDEPOT PRICE COMMENTS

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11,000 12,665
MotherBoard Asus P8P67-PRO 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard (B3 Revision) 12,000 13,385
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL ( 4GBx1) 2,500 1,824
GraphicsCard MSI RADEON HD6850 OC CYCLONE 1 GB 10,500 10,625
Harddrive SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 2,650 3,050
Monitor BenQ G222HDL 8,500 9,835 Still confused about the monitor... Pls give suggestion for monitor G222HDL or Dell ST2220L ??... If i buy G222HDL i get 16.7 million colors but no HDMI port if i go with dell ST2220L no 16.7 million colors but it has HDMI port.. Both monitors are LED and more or less same price.. Which monitor will be good option?.. Please share your idea..
Cabinet CM 690 II Advanced 5,500 6,265
Powersupply seasonic S12D 850 (OR) corsair TX850 7,200 6,825
UPS Numeric 800VA 2,500 3,000 This one is ITDEPOT Price of Numeric 600 VA Since they don’t have Numeric 800 VA.
TOTAL 62,350 67,474

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
you are welcome :)

everything except that ripjaws ram is DAMN OVERPRICED.

get products from smcinternational.in and theitwares.com

and if you are gonna crossfire then Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 @ 9.5k will suffice. rest of money can be put in a Sapphire HD6950 1GB @ 14.4k. worth it.

processor -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=29&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=74

mobo -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

memory -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=41&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=79

gpu -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

hdd-
*www.theitwares.com/seagate-barracu...che-sata-30gbs-internal-hard-drive-p-355.html

psu -
Seasonic S12D 850
call theitwares.com

case -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=40&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

monitor -
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=35&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89
*www.theitwares.com/benq-g2222hdl-m...m2-1920-1080-dsubdvid-glossy-black-p-947.html

(you may ask about monitor in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tvs-monitors/)

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Jas Thanks a lot man.. That will be very much helpful.. :)
@ piyush Yeah!

I am thinking of buying of Nvidia GTX 460.. I read that Nvidia gaming card Supports both animation and rendering whereas ATX is a pure gaming card! Please share your idea..

game-freak

In the zone
ur welcome dude its better u order online from smc international or prime abgb the prices given 2 u by itdepot are way 2 much

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ game-freak thanks and yeah i am thinking of doing that..

but one prob i dont know how to assemble. I can place everything except connecting wires.. I dont know which one goes where.. Is there any video or guide available for assembling the pc?...

game-freak

In the zone
by watchin this video im sure ull be able to learn how to assemble ur own pc and get good tips as well here is the link CLICK HERE
and let me know if watchin the video helped u or not or something else could be suggested

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ coolgame thanks and i will checkout the manuals once i buy everything :)
@ game-freak thanks a lot man... i will watch it and let u know :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ Jas Thanks a lot man.. That will be very much helpful.. :)
@ piyush Yeah!

I am thinking of buying of Nvidia GTX 460.. I read that Nvidia gaming card Supports both animation and rendering whereas ATX is a pure gaming card! Please share your idea..

that was a thing of past. AMD APP is getting support fast!

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ jas thanks a lot man but does ATI has support for video editing like the Nvidia?.. Please share your idea.. One more thing i have to say man after reading your excellent review on Dell ST2220L i decided to go with that Monitor... Your review was amazing with lotto good pictures showing the features of the Monitor and seriously convinced me to go to Dell ST2220L rather than BenQ G222HDL!.. Thanks a lot once again man..

@ game-freak That video was great and i finished watching and Really cleared all of my doubts about wiring!.. Now i have decided to assemble the PC myself but i am worried about placing the processor in motherboard cuz if i mess up i will end up bending the pins right?.. Please share your ideas guys..

game-freak

In the zone
good to know that u liked the video and it helped u just follow the instructions given in the video while placing ur processor onto the slot dont worry
and still if u dont fell confident abt doing it by ur self get it assembled by a professional and watch carefully while he assembles u will get 2 learn a lot

OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ jas You are welcome :).. For 3d Animation and modeling i will use MAYA 2011, 3DS MAX 2011, Zbrush 4.0, Cinema 4D R12.

For High quality rendering i will use Vray plugin, Mental Ray and Render man..

For Video Editing and effects I will use Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro and may be EyeOn Fusion.

For Digital art and painting i will use Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter 11... Please share your idea and give suggestion on graphics card..

@ game-freak Thanks and i am thinking of assembling the PC myself but i may call a assembler.. Will let u know guys....

Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:
OP
V

Viswanathan

Journeyman
I have two last question guys... :-D pls share your ideas :)

1) If i go for GTX 460 SLI ( thinking of adding another GTX 460 in a few months) , add all of 10 fans in CM 690 II Advanced, total 8 GB RAM and Totally 2 HDDs gonna be there ( one is 1TB Seagate Barracuda which i am gonna buy and another one 320 Gb seagate HDD old one) and a liquid cooling Corsair Hydro H70 liquid cooler ( will add in a month or so if necessary) will the psu Corsair 850 TX or Seasonic S12D would be enough??... Please share your idea..

2) Do u think a liquid cooling unit will be needed if i overclock with the above config??... Please share your idea..

Thanks in advance.. :)

Last edited:

coolgame

Journeyman
buy the noctua nhd14 and gskill ripjawsx 8GB 1600MHz ram.best cooler and best VFM ram.the h70 is pathetic for a WC.the noctua performs about 10degree cooler under load.
check this out
YouTube - Extreme Cooler Showdown Corsair H70 vs Noctua NH-D14 Linus Tech Tips
the noctua cannot fit rams with large heatsink fins and ram coolers.but the cooler does move air around the socket very well and u will be easily able to fit the gskills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom