And the best free antivirus is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
head to head: againgst norton or panda (take your pick) who wins?
norton or avg(or any other free solution)

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
AVG itself may win since it is free. The question is which is the best free antivirus ? So norton can be deleted. Then, is panda free?

taken

Journeyman
hi,

to say as per my opinion, AVAST! rules this segment. i have gone through many AV's but found this as the most reliable and the most secure with greatest adv being its FREEEEEE!!!. so, i guess, try out this and your system will not infected.

Charley

Just Do It
Sreekanth V said:
The question is which is the best free antivirus ?

Then, is panda free?

What are you talking abt , didnt u go thru the thread to find which 1 are free. :eek:

Yes , panda, Micr Trend are free.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Using Avast! Since last 5 Months. Regular Updating is Still Keeping Trouble at Bay! I Like its Skin able attitude!! :) I Vote 4 Avast! 6.6 HE!

infohardik

Broken In
iinfi said:
swatkat said:
Try BitDefender v8 Pro Plus,It has got AntiVirus,AntiSpam,Firewall and a very good Real Time Scanner.Try it out.
*www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/products.php?p_id=25

is this a freeware??

Nop BitDefender isn't Freeware

I would vote for Zone Lab's Security Suit, have been using it for a long long time (Its AV was not tat good but improving n u 'll have to set Bit Level Detection in it for the best, it does say its slow on Bit level but when u compare the speed with Kaspersky they both are same in terms on Speed)
:!: :arrow:

Charley

Just Do It
infohardik said:
Nop BitDefender isn't Freeware

I would vote for Zone Lab's Security Suit, have been using it for a long long time (Its AV was not tat good but improving n u 'll have to set Bit Level Detection in it for the best, it does say its slow on Bit level but when u compare the speed with Kaspersky they both are same in terms on Speed)
:!: :arrow:

But both are trialware. We're discussing abt freeware softwares and not not any other. :)

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG AVG

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
All free antivirus are crippled down vertions of its own paid one. Do you know any antivirus which is completely free with all the functions and without having any paid vertion.

Charley

Just Do It
Sreekanth V said:
Do you know any antivirus which is completely free with all the functions and without having any paid vertion.

AVG, Antivir, Avast dont have pay version and has all the functions

Also do the free online scanners

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I mean professional editions of all these exist. Even then Antivir is the best one because its personal edition is better than the other's piad vertions. And its professional vertion is not so needed to home users but useful for business solutions.

Gaurav

In the zone
Can anybody tell me what's the difference between the pro and free version of AVG Antivirus.

Please help.

technovice

Broken In
for me, for the past 6 months
avg free edition + zonealarm + ms spyware + spybot + adblock + regular updates = safe from viruses
earlier i used the (licensed) NAV 2001, alas could not afford the 2005 version :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom