And the best free antivirus is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Kaspersky is not free dude!
Well now that kaspersky is giving out the beta v2006 for free, u can have it as free till november i guess!

And i agree, Kaspersky Rocks!!!

Charley

Just Do It
Ashish & kalpik - Well hope u cud solve my query in the Q&A section on KAV beta. I cant get those virus and trojan off.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys jus giv in ur suggestions abt the Free Antivirus from AVAST !
As it is i will hv to use it as soon as my AVG Trialversion stops working in another 19 days :( .

Hey so shud i use the AVG full version edition (by purchasing it online) or shud i stick to the AVAST ! Antivirus s/w (home edition wich is free):? :?

Is the AVAST ! Antivirus s/w better than the AVG (full version) s/w :? :?

Plz suggest guys !!!

cheers n e-peace.....

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Bit defender is the best antivirus. But it isn't free. Antivir is good for systems with less RAM.
It has high detection rate. Between Avast and AVG, I will select AVG because it is third to Bit defenderand PC cillin.
They are the VB100% logo award winners and are rated as the best antivirus softwares.
BitDefender the first and AVG the third. For freebies AVG may be the best.
:idea:
NB: I use Anitvir :!:

kalpik

Hey Sreekanth V!

AVG is the *worst* antivirus out there and im sure many people would agree to this. Search *wilderssecurity.com to confirm!

Avast is a very good AV probably the best freeware AV

Good paid AVs:

Kaspersky, Nod32, Bitdefender, VBA32.

Regards

Kalpik

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
It is not my opinion but VB100% logo awards are well reputed and AVG get a special appreciation from it. But I think the paid vertion from AVG is the rank holder. Yet the free vertion too is not bad. Only some advaced functions are disabled. But the best paid antivirus is Bitdefender according to VB awards. And I am sorry AVG is not the second rank holder but the third. Second one is PC Cillin. Norton AV failed in some tests and is ranked as the sixth. Anyway AVG maynot be the best but it isn't the worst.
But Avast may be fully free and so users may get full functions from it, and so it may be very good one, I agree with you. I personally prefer Antivir, which is fully free and less resource hungry and powerful enough. I dont care whether it is the best or worst AV but it kept my PC virus free for a long time. And that is enough for me.

Charley

Just Do It
Sreekanth V said:

But Avast may be fully free and so users may get full functions from it, and so it may be very good one, I agree with you. I personally prefer Antivir, which is fully free and less resource hungry and powerful enough. I dont care whether it is the best or worst AV but it kept my PC virus free for a long time. And that is enough for me.

AVg, Avast , Antivir differ by only few mb's .

But let me share this Antivir removes viruses which evn Avast and AVG doesnt. Has anyone noticed that?

kalpik

According to VB, NOD32 is the best AV (32 Passes/3 Fails) AVG is 9 Passes, 20 Fails!!! Avast is 13 Passes, 19 Fails. Norton: 28 Passes, 6 Fails. Kaspersky: 27 Passes, 13 Fails.

So if going for free, go for Avast or Antivir. Antivir is really good except for the fact that its updates are HUGE to download and generally the update system is considered buggy!

Kalpersky has the *BEST* detection rates.

You should not go THAT much by VB anyway. Cause their testing methodology is wierd! I mean if a program misses 3 viruses, it is awarded pass and if one detects ALL viruses and just gives ONE false positive, it is Failed??? I seriously dont get this!!! I mean i prefer having one false positive to 3 virus infections anyday!!!

Charley

Just Do It
kalpik said:
According to VB, NOD32 is the best AV (32 Passes/3 Fails)

Antivir is really good except for the fact that its updates are HUGE to download and generally the update system is considered buggy!

NOD32 isnt a freeware, isnt it ? :?

Antivir updates are just betwwen 3-4mb, doesnt sound huge. :)

kalpik

NOD32 isnt freeware ;(

Compare the update size to 50-60 kb updates of Avast or NOD32!

kalpik

Yeah you are absolutely right! We are talking about free AV's. Its just that somebody mentioned that AVG has got the most VB awards, thats why i mentioned that NOD32 has the most VB awards!!! Check previous posts before u make such statements!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom